General Support Discussion

Don't really know if anyone else has thought if it already but with all the different support gems that can turn most skills into a totem, mine, etc.. I would love to see a support gem that turns a melee into 1-3 minions that uses that skill.

Just the thought of making your own dervish duo minion with cyclone, or having flicker striking minions seems hilarious and fun. I can easily see this as a bit OP but that's why we have damage reduction on many support gems.

I'd probably make the gem dex/str based.
Hey guys, I was wondering if you did mean for swiftbrand support to work the way it does, as either the wording or the intention seems off to me.

The gem says x% more activation frequency, and if you take that by the word, that would mean "activation frequency"*(1-x/100), but how it actually calculated is "activation frequency"*[1/(1+x/100)]. This makes it so, that with the gem on max level with 65% more frequency and 65% less attached time you get much less activations total.

Now why did I put "activation frequency" in quotation marks? Frequency commonly means activations/given period of time, but in poe it is actually a peroid value, which is "how much time it takes to activate once".

So this is confusing two ways, the more% applies to the frequency we are used to from physics not the value that actually is on the tooltip in the game, and I can even imagine, it was not even intended like this, so that it would even out at the end that at max gem level the same activations would happend but in less time.

Can someone please clarify this?

Thank you very much
Snipe skill form Assailum helmet with infused channeling take the skill that is channeling tags or the snipe ones?, and if it's snipe's, snipe have any tags?
I cannot find a dedicated thread for Second Wind. Anyway, is there any possibility for allowing it to support minions created by Raise Spectre?
how do i add barrage support to pob ? i am trying to look something. and trying to figure out bow single target gemlinks but i have tryed this 2 years now. bows suck hard ass. i rather uninstall than play some other builds.

so far i have noticed. bow build mostly wont work on higher tier without headhunter.
dot bow blah disqusting.
fk archnemesis.
I'm sure it has been pointed out already, although I couldn't find a post or thread about it, but... could we get a Lightning to Cold Support gem?

There are are Physical to Lightning and Cold to Fire Support gems, but the conversion between lightning and cold cannot currently be addressed in a similar manner, short of e.g. using a Call of the Brotherhood ring.

Unless it is omitted on purpose for balancing reasons, it would make the options for converting to/between elemental damages more consistent.

"
Yogen88 wrote:
The gem says x% more activation frequency, and if you take that by the word, that would mean "activation frequency"*(1-x/100), but how it actually calculated is "activation frequency"*[1/(1+x/100)].
No, this is incorrect. The modifier applies as an increase to the frequency. This has an inverse effect on the period because the frequency is inherently the inverse of the period.

"
Yogen88 wrote:
Now why did I put "activation frequency" in quotation marks? Frequency commonly means activations/given period of time, but in poe it is actually a peroid value, which is "how much time it takes to activate once".
This is also incorrect. The frequency and the period are inherently related, but they are not the same thing. The gem and skill popups for brands display the period because that's more understandable to players. The modifier specifies it applies to frequency and thus does apply to frequency, not period. That has an effect on the period, but does not mean the period is what is referred to by stats that explicitly refer to frequency.

"
Yogen88 wrote:
So this is confusing two ways, the more% applies to the frequency we are used to from physics not the value that actually is on the tooltip in the game
This is correct and intended. The modifier says it applies to frequency, and does so. The skill always displays the period, accounting for the effect that modifying the frequency has.
I need a little clarification for Focused Ballista Support:

The gem description says that the supported ballista only attacks when I attack but it also has a more attack speed modifier. So this means the ballista will fire at the same time when I initiate an attack, but the cooldown for the next attack will be the same as it's own attack speed?
For example if I has the same attack speed as the ballista then it works as the description say but if I have a slightly faster attack than the ballista then I have to attack 2 times for it to attack 1 time?
Earthbreaker Support so far has been very underwhelming. Granted - it may not be a very good league starter .. but in almost every respect is it out performed by Ancestral Protector.

The biggest issue is that at low level - it's damage is terrible. I'm lvl 22 now, but I grabbed it when it first became available (which was lvl 12 I believe). Socketing it into a 3-link .. it's damage was half of a lvl 1 non-linked Slam attack. (I was flip flopping between Sunder and Ground Slam - finally settled on Ground Slam linked to Earthbreaker and self casting Sunder). Just experimenting I swapped out with Ancestral Protector - it's damage was significantly higher - and it's buff was certainly better too.

I think Earthbreaker would be better if it received +1 Summoned Totems. It would put it's damage back on par and give you a little more area presence / control .. which is also severely lacking with only 1 totem.

Right now, as is.. Earthbreaker almost mandates the necessity of Multiple Totems support (which is not available starting).
seems as awakened Hextouch has been killed off basically, why not a gem with plain curse

Lvl 1 awakened +1 curse 10% increased duration
Lvl 2 awakened +1 curse 12% increased duration
LvL 3 awakened +1 curse 14% increased duration
LvL 4 awakened +1 curse 16% increased duration
LvL 5 awakened +1 curse 18% increased duration
LvL 6 awakened +2 curses OR +1 with 20% increased duration

LvL 6/23 gives +2 AND 20% duration

Duration can be increased with quality 1% per 1/2/5 quality

So many players use curses of some kind so why not make a gem that makes them rethink their builds to incorporate gems like this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info