General Support Discussion

"
sasori962009 wrote:
Could you please stop multistrike targets from being random
It would be a huge improvement to flicker strike.

GL with that. It's how Flicker Strike targets random mobs if you don't 'manually' target something that makes it random, not Multi. It's just like when trying to use it as a 'useful' movement skill is actually useless, because there's always the chance you could go backwards just because a mob behind you could be closer than the one you're actually going for.
Hi, about the newly added support gem Close Combat, I would really like to know what exactly is the definition of "close" with this gem.

For instance, from a very close position with maximum damage multiplier, at what range does the damage multiplier begins to fall?

Does it work the same way as Point Blank? or does it has a different calculation in terms of distance?
"
diabloyd wrote:
Hi, about the newly added support gem Close Combat, I would really like to know what exactly is the definition of "close" with this gem.

For instance, from a very close position with maximum damage multiplier, at what range does the damage multiplier begins to fall?

Does it work the same way as Point Blank? or does it has a different calculation in terms of distance?
The "up to x% more damge" stat on Close Combat support (and the matching stat on the Slayer's Impact notable) apply the full damage bonus to targets up to a distance of 15 units from you, then linearly scales down the bonus to 0 at a distance of 40 units.
On Close Combat, it says at the bottom, "Can only be used with axes and swords." I have two questions:

1. Shouldn't it say "requires an axe or sword" at the top in the skill description like all of the other skills that require a specific weapon do?

2. If it's close combat, why no daggers or claws? They're about as close as you can possibly get, other than tying a monster up in your chest hair and waiting for cold enough a day to stab them to death with your nipples.
Last edited by L00 on Jun 14, 2019, 5:59:09 PM
Melee Upgrade. RIP "Cast on Melee Kill".

Please Remove Gem from game since "Forever alone" ...

Whole Team got buffed and got new Shirts, our little boy still only has a towel.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
diabloyd wrote:

The "up to x% more damge" stat on Close Combat support (and the matching stat on the Slayer's Impact notable) apply the full damage bonus to targets up to a distance of 15 units from you, then linearly scales down the bonus to 0 at a distance of 40 units.

For the sake of things like Molten Strike and Flicker Strike, is the proximity on-cast or on-hit? Because with Molten, the projectiles have time before they hit and you can move closer to them and Flicker can be across the screen.
*nevermind, just delete this post*
Last edited by Daemonjax on Jul 2, 2019, 9:40:42 PM
Scales down to distance 15+40 or only 40?
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
diabloyd wrote:

For the sake of things like Molten Strike and Flicker Strike, is the proximity on-cast or on-hit? Because with Molten, the projectiles have time before they hit and you can move closer to them and Flicker can be across the screen.

I would think that it would be on-hit. For Molten Strike, the damage bonus from Close Combat applies to the melee hit only anyway, and for Flicker Strike, you teleport to the enemy before you hit.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Jul 25, 2019, 10:59:07 PM
I am thinking of a new support gem that trigger spells periodically each 2 or 3 seconds or even 5 seconds XD or even 10 dammit XD i just want it lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info