Freezing Pulse

"
Mag_Z wrote:
Playing Shadow. Very annoying that it won't go through doors. Very low damage, wish it did a little more so it feels less spammy. Otherwise, its a great spell to kite with.
Witch here.

I have noticed the thing with doors as well, it also occasionally happens with other obstacles and walls too.

I think the damage is fine(esp combined with decent support gems) it just bugs out occasionally depending on your position.

There is definitely some fine tuning to be done with this skill.
"
epeli wrote:
I was wondering why the AOE passives such as Blast Radius and Amplify don't affect this skill? Technical reasons? Balance reasons?

In any case, it's somewhat counter-intuitive that they don't work, since Freezing Pulse is an AOE, albeit an AOE projectile.

Its a different breed of its own. You have to try out with other combo to appreciate why it is and its isnt. Just think its a projectile not an AOE.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Been having alot of success with this spell using the 4x projectiles gem - pretty much works like a shotgun (currently lv 49).

One thing I've found is that the spell will get blocked by some objects, but will "pass around" others - meaning only the part of the spell that hits the object will get blocked.

Another bug I've found is that sometimes enemies will take no damage from the spell, even though I'm in range and see the spell pass through them. Has anyone else experienced something like this before?
"
Hojirozame wrote:
Another bug I've found is that sometimes enemies will take no damage from the spell, even though I'm in range and see the spell pass through them. Has anyone else experienced something like this before?

Sounds like plain old desynch; the server probably has the monster on your backside, meaning you're casting away from it. Taking a few steps away from the monster and targeting it again should get you the damage you seek.
Connectivity is on the big list of things to work on, but desynchs will always happen.
Very strong spell. I would like to see shock nova and fire storm be as viable as this.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
Mag_Z wrote:
Playing Shadow. Very annoying that it won't go through doors. Very low damage, wish it did a little more so it feels less spammy. Otherwise, its a great spell to kite with.

The damage is good; it's just only good because you can stack three/five wide projectiles on top of each other and shotgun them into close mobs. Without that support, yeah, it's honestly pretty weak.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
Level 52 Witch, this is my primary skill. I have Chaos Inoculation. so a lot of my passives go to ES. I have taken quite a few cold damage enhancing passives and mana regen passives. I use discipline and clarity and therefore most of my mana is reserved, except it doesn't matter because I regen 110 per second. I have Freezing Pulse linked with LMP, added lightning damage and faster casting. I SPAM the hell out of this spell and never run out of mana. I use Ice Spear with faster casting, added lightning and cold to fire to kill archers, or I just run up and blast. I absolutely love the devastation FP serves up with my set up. The biggest drawback is on enemies that do very high melee damage as they may be able to chew me up before I can kill them but then I just kite as best I can. If you are willing to put yourself in the fray and not be a chicken against normal enemies this skill is excellent. The shotgun effect works best if you click past the close up enemies so all the shots travel together and you get all of them to hit.

:edit:

I just added blood rage and since I have CI I cant get the haste from low life, however I do get perpetual freny charges bringing the DPS of my FP from about 750 to just under 1000.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Last edited by Xalmaren on Aug 30, 2012, 3:25:27 PM
I have to agree with doorways breing a major pain in the butt when using this spell.

The spell is incredibly strong though and barley need any support gems at all.
I use it without any extra projectiles. I have increased criticals, extra critical dmg, faster casting, quantity and rarity. The last two are just for MF farming so really only a 4 link would be needed. Yet I have no problem clearing high level maps with full MF gear and my decoy totem. The only map mod I fear is blood magic. Very strong spell.
Anyone else noticed that you can't sometimes do freezing pulse on a mob that is near a door or another obstacle? I point that mob with my mouse, press the key that is bound to freezing pulse and nothing happens. But when I point on the ground between me and that mob, freezing pulse works ok.
"
at_rus wrote:
Anyone else noticed that you can't sometimes do freezing pulse on a mob that is near a door or another obstacle? I point that mob with my mouse, press the key that is bound to freezing pulse and nothing happens. But when I point on the ground between me and that mob, freezing pulse works ok.

I've noticed that quite often I can't fire at all. I hadn't linked it to doors specifically, but something is going on. I'll have to play with it a little more to see if I can be more specific.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info