Freezing Pulse

Due to its nature as a wide projectile, Freezing Pulse gets blocked super easily. Doors, trees, random rocks, etc. Very annoying. I realize this is probably impossible to code with what you've got, but if it could be made to 'flow' around obstacles so that if part of the projectile is stopped the rest keeps going, that would be a lot better.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Due to its nature as a wide projectile, Freezing Pulse gets blocked super easily. Doors, trees, random rocks, etc. Very annoying. I realize this is probably impossible to code with what you've got, but if it could be made to 'flow' around obstacles so that if part of the projectile is stopped the rest keeps going, that would be a lot better.

I agree, it could behave like ground slam.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ <(o.o)> ┻━┻ ︵ \(Ò_Ó \)
Well it has to remain a projectile for a variety of reasons. Though I do wonder if the collision could simply be turned off? No wait, then it could shoot through walls :/ Unless rocks/trees/doodads are a different object class than walls?
Last edited by aimlessgun on Aug 2, 2012, 5:26:41 AM
The projectile could be made into a bunch of smaller ones, probably. Like 3 that link together to make the same graphic.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Well it has to remain a projectile for a variety of reasons. Though I do wonder if the collision could simply be turned off? No wait, then it could shoot through walls :/ Unless rocks/trees/doodads are a different object class than walls?
No, they do not.
I was wondering why the AOE passives such as Blast Radius and Amplify don't affect this skill? Technical reasons? Balance reasons?

In any case, it's somewhat counter-intuitive that they don't work, since Freezing Pulse is an AOE, albeit an AOE projectile.

Quality on this gem is boring. Here are some other options:

- Each 1% of quality translates into 5% chance to pass through objects, walls, etc. Doorways are the worst challenge for this spell.

- Higher quality adds to distance projectiles travel.

- Quality removes the 'spell is weaker as things farther away are hit' penalty.

You really want me to use this spell instead of the spear? Make it viable. Make me want to use it. I have no incentive to go walk up close to a pack of mobs with this spell instead of sniping with the spear.
"
jwytiaz wrote:
Quality adds to distance projectiles travel.
i fixed your quite to reflect what is already happening. faster projectile = further distant traveled (in same time frame). fixed time but increased velocity = more distance.
If been using Freezing Pulse since I've got it and I'm still using it at level 32 now. It does more damage to close enemies compared to Ice Spear. I still use Ice Spear for enemies that are further away though.

Also you can keep spamming Freeze Pulse if you have Clarity. I'm using Clarity + Paua Amulet which gives me around 28 mana regen per second. Freeze pulse costs 14 mana per 0.59 second so you can keep spamming it forever. (almost)

It is kind of a pain to use it in a dungeon with a lot of small rooms and a lot of walls. You have to get inside a room to be able to use it right. But for those moments you just use Ice Spear or something else.
IGN - AkaYoru
Playing Shadow. Very annoying that it won't go through doors. Very low damage, wish it did a little more so it feels less spammy. Otherwise, its a great spell to kite with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info