Freezing Pulse

Regarding the changes in 3.17

GGG, you've handled this one badly. You gave Freezing Pulse a 40-50% damage increase by buffing the gem itself. Good. You then go and remove the First Snow jewel, forcing every player to use GMP, which becomes a 40-50% damage loss compared to another (good) support gem.

How is that a buff?

There's a reason why EVERYONE using Freezing Pulse after act 5 was using at least one First Snow jewel, and that is that the skills is - and will always be unplayable without additional projectiles. But now, giving it more projectiles offsets the damage buff you gave the skills.

I beg you; can you please consider baking the First Snow jewel into the Freezing Pulse skill gem itself, giving it +1 projectile at level 6, 11, 16 and 21?

Please?

Pretty please?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
My first thought was to play unleash freezing pulse when you said you were going to buff selfcasting. Then I read patch notes and thought NOPE, I can't play that because it's even worse than before. If freezing pulse gets projectiles it might be good but without it its a minor buff.
It's sad that such an old, classic skill sees no play. There isn't even a single player that tried it in 4 months of hcssf ancestor league. As for the trade leagues, the only players that use it are cwdt along with other cold spells so not really freezing pulse builds.
"
DeLJaDe wrote:
It's sad that such an old, classic skill sees no play. There isn't even a single player that tried it in 4 months of hcssf ancestor league. As for the trade leagues, the only players that use it are cwdt along with other cold spells so not really freezing pulse builds.

That's not true, I personally play Freezing Pulse every league regardless of the mechanic that is out and so do other people. It does drop off toward the end of the league when people try new builds but the population is still there.

I haven't seen the new transfigured Freezing Pulse gem posted yet so I'm wondering if there even is one or they're saving some for last?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info