Freezing Pulse

Hi,

I also had some bugs with Freezing Pulse, which I use in combination with Lesser Multiple Projectiles. Sometimes I doesn't pass through doors sometimes it does. Even if I stood directly in front of an enemy, standing in the door frame, it didn't hit a single time.

Sometimes the spell doesn't fire at all. I recognized this especially if I stand very close to an obstacle like a column. Naturally I was standing with the back, right or left respectively to the obstacle, trying to fire in the opposite direction.
Hello Im really loving this skill but I got really sad when in a race "Increased Projectile Damage" nodes do nothing for my Freezing pulse.. even thou it says its a Projectile. Can anyone explain to me why this is so ? Ty.
what level did you get the passives? if pretty early, then you won't notice a difference because 8% of 10 isn't a full digit in number.
It was low level.. but a 5% increase elemental dmg node i saw a difference of like .6 to 1 DPS... but with Projectile not even a decimal moved
From a gameplay perspective, it really doesn't make any sense why this spell has targeting. It should simply be it fires in the direction your mouse is from your character when you activate the skill, and if you have LMP/GMP the distance controls the spread.

For example, if you have Freezing Pulse bound to right click and you try to right click on a mob in a doorway, your character just stands there like an idiot because the game knows you can't hit the target with the spell from where you're standing. What that turns into is the spell feeling very very clunky, a lot of times it seems like your character got "stuck" and unable to do anything when in reality it's just because of a silly auto target feature on a spell that doesn't need it.

It would be far better simply to have the "Attack in place" functionality on for this spell at all times. Let the player figure out when he can and can't hit the target instead of figuring out why the hell their Freezing Pulse isn't casting.
Last edited by Fearmonger on Jan 4, 2013, 7:19:54 PM
It seems that i cant hit targets that are next wall. Sometimes it doesnt to any dmg at all i can see the animation go off but my target receviece non of that this usually happens when im in door or next to some sort of wall or other wordly doodads. this is really annoying because when i use frost spear it hits and perfecly. My build has really nothing to to with it because its been having these issues from the start.
Why don't AOE-enhancing passives work for this spell? :(
I only realised that after reading about it on the wiki.

If there are good reasons for that, I don't mind - however I think there at least should be a clarification in-game that AoE passives DO NOT affect this skill.
"
yongri wrote:
Why don't AOE-enhancing passives work for this spell? :(
I only realised that after reading about it on the wiki.

If there are good reasons for that, I don't mind - however I think there at least should be a clarification in-game that AoE passives DO NOT affect this skill.

There is one, it doesn't have an AoE tag. AoE stuff works on abilities with the AoE tags, and don't on the ones which don't. Freezing Pulse is just a very wide projectile, it's not an actual aoe in game terms, just like Ice Spear isn't or Ethereal Knives isn't and so on. They can be used as AoE due to their properties but they're not technically AoEs.
Does Iron Grip affect Freezing Pulse damage?
"
heatzz wrote:
Does Iron Grip affect Freezing Pulse damage?

No because Freezing Pulse is a spell, not an attack. Also it doesn't do physical damage so it wouldn't matter regardless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info