Freezing Pulse

"
The projectile fades quickly, reducing damage and freezing chance until it runs of of time and dissipates completely.

Why doesn't the gem say what this freezing chance is? Or is it just referencing the crit chance (which freezes since it's cold damage)?
Most likely scenario: The only value it can list, is the value at the point of creation.
It would be terribly misleading, since the projectile can practically never hit anything at that point yet. That's also why the damage and DPS display is misleading; the damage you actually deal is basically always lower due to the damage dropoff.

Freeze only occurs naturally on Crits, by the way. FP has an additional Freeze chance that allows it to Freeze on non-Crits.
The freeze chance is 100% at 0 distance, and falls off quite quickly to 0. IT would be horribly misleading to list the base freeze chance of 100% on the gem, and we'd be continually dealing with bug reports from people not reading the bit about it loosing the freeze chance quickly.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The freeze chance is 100% at 0 distance, and falls off quite quickly to 0. IT would be horribly misleading to list the base freeze chance of 100% on the gem, and we'd be continually dealing with bug reports from people not reading the bit about it loosing the freeze chance quickly.

Okay, I understand. Just wanted to make sure that there is in fact an independent chance to freeze on the skill. Really helps for the build I want to do.
There is, but you need to be pretty close to melee range in usual circumstances to get it.
why doesnt freezing pulse work with point blank?
Steam:Gonejah
Point Blank works on Attacks.
oops haha
Steam:Gonejah
problem solved
Last edited by Elsahr on Jan 26, 2013, 5:48:24 PM
I would recommend a clarification on what type of projectile freezing pulse is, since i had a discussion ingame yesterday with a player from the global chat where i tried to explain the fact that FP won't work with Fork since it's not a projectile..
Since fork states that it makes "projectiles" fork, but it obviously does not work for FP.
But if we take LMP or GMP, then it suddenly works as the description implies, and thus, here it's concidered a projectile.
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info