Flicker Strike

If at all possible, could you make it just walk you into range, then use the skill? It's quite frustrating as it is currently.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
If at all possible, could you make it just walk you into range, then use the skill? It's quite frustrating as it is currently.
That would take some work, but can be considered for future changes to the skill.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
lazyman75 wrote:
and if you're outside that range, your character will walk to the monster and start attacking it with normal attack.
Any attack which can't be executed is replaced with the default attack - previously flickerstrike would attempt to execute, and if the target was out of range, it would pick a random target from those in range. It was changed to fail in this case because it was unintuitive that targeting a specific monster would sometimes cause you to flicker to a different, closer monster.
Wait.. what? Before this patch.. my experience was that if your character was out of range then he would walk a short distance getting back into range and then use flicker on the targeted monster. It's worked that way since flicker was made to not teleport with frenzy charges anymore. The only time it would skip the range was when shift was held, which we all know. Never once did my character flicker into a random mob that was closer because the targeted one was out of range. He would either walk closer, or ignore the distance altogether with the shift key.

So from my point of view.. you've disabled a working function of this skill because of a different function that never actually happened. Maybe I just got lucky and the skill always worked as intended for me. Seems odd.
I may be misremembering exactly which behaviour it had which was wrong - this was a simple 5-minute fix back in January which I was asked to make, among hundreds of others, but I do know there was a very specific reason I was given for making it.
I'll make a note to talk to Chris and the others to sort out if the skill's behaviour is still where we want it and why.
For some reason I find that this skill behaves the best by mapping it to right click. When it's mapped to a button it seems to stall randomly.

I may try the dagger/shield build with a character now that Tempest Shield is out. Flicker Strike, Lightning Warp, and Tempest Shield might all work well together with some good lightning bonuses.
Having it bound to the mouse is a better choice altogether, since you can 'lock' onto specific monsters by using mouse keys. Since flicker is such a fast executing skill, you might be mousing over something else and getting yourself in a hairy situation should you have it on one of the five hotkeys.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
when using Flicker Strike could you make it so the screen doesn't center on you if you only blink a very small distance?

"
felinemagic wrote:
when using Flicker Strike could you make it so the screen doesn't center on you if you only blink a very small distance?

This annoys the flying hell out of me too, god forbid an epileptic discovers this skill and stacks attack speed.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
This skill really shouldn't be a viable primary attack, with so much mobility, extra damage, and extra attack speed.

It's strictly better than double strike, with "40% more damage" from one hit equal to "30% less damage" from two hits.

My current tactic with this skill consists of holding down the flicker hotkey/mousebutton near a pack of mobs, then staring at the bottom UI so I don't get too disoriented by the screen jumps and using flasks as necessary.
I don't know if it's just me or what. I recently leveled a duelist, My aim is to get to mid late levels with the classes that interest me so I know what I would enjoy the most and abilities when the time comes for Open in a couple months. Anyway, I picked up Flicker Strike and either the range is extremely short or it's bugging on me. Some of the time I will walk over and melee attack my target when I know I am in range of Flicker strike, other times when I am out of range, but I am trying to find out where it is, It will hit. I have noticed most often I will go to melee the crawlers/animals over humanoids. Is this intended or am I just misjudging where I am entirely, which is possible given my actual real life problems with depth perception and perceiving distance. Or is this some sort of bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info