Flicker Strike

I actually really wish that if you hold down the button without an entity selected, it would just keep attacking the closest target to you.
I haven't really come close to even finishing the build on my ranger yet but my idea is get very high crit chance, dual wield some high crit daggers and take the dagger crits poison enemy passive. Each random target hit would have a fairly large chance to be crit on, and poisoned. Flickering around would potentially leave groups of enemies suffering this poison.

I'm also trying to go down the int path for Power Charge on Melee Crit and extra power charges. This build may be more suited to the 6th class, but I'm still trying it out lol.

Power Charge on Melee Crit also took me through some +lightning dmg%, and there is +lightning dmg per power charge fairly close by. I'm thinking critting on poisoned and shocked enemies will be fun, maybe I am looking forward to this 6th class.
Last edited by Quantmir on Jan 20, 2012, 1:45:06 AM
"
Quantmir wrote:
I haven't really come close to even finishing the build on my ranger yet but my idea is get very high crit chance, dual wield some high crit daggers and take the dagger crits poison enemy passive. Each random target hit would have a fairly large chance to be crit on, and poisoned. Flickering around would potentially leave groups of enemies suffering this poison.

I'm also trying to go down the int path for Power Charge on Melee Crit and extra power charges. This build may be more suited to the 6th class, but I'm still trying it out lol.

Power Charge on Melee Crit also took me through some +lightning dmg%, and there is +lightning dmg per power charge fairly close by. I'm thinking critting on poisoned and shocked enemies will be fun, maybe I am looking forward to this 6th class.

I'd suggest possibly doing dagger/shield rather than DW. I don't think Flicker Strike gets much benefit from it, other than attack speed.

I'm actually working on something similar now, only I plan to use 1h non-daggers, power charge on crit and elemental damage per power charge with as much elemental weapon damage as I can get my hands on. I can use either quality flicker or elemental hit to gain charges, then cleave for large amounts of electrical damage while stacking shocked (in theory).
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
jawsofhana wrote:

This is a great skill as it is now. It would be really sad to have to target each strike. The random explosive dps when holding the button is extremely rewarding. And the gameplay is fast, furius and very fluent.

If this was changed to only attack a general area around the crusor, the gameplay would be much more jaggy and slow.

huh?

Jaggy and slow?
Random explosive DPS?

I don't see it.
Whether click proximity is a good idea or not, I don't think it would work given the current game mechanics.

What WOULD work though would be targetting the nearest monster when no target is specified. This will not always result in focus firing, since the teleport will often result in teleporting closer to another monster than the target. Nonetheless, it would make it much more focus-fire a lot more, and an overall easier/more-powerful skill too use (and it's already overpowered).
I'm in favor of the mechanic when the skill is balanced more.

If the skill was to be changed, I'm not sure what would work best. If it removes charges (as it once did), it could have issues. I think the mechanic of multiple attacks (and teleports) worked pretty good for the skill. I assume it was changed because it doesn't put a player in control (such as with reflects or things) — while that's understandable, I don't see how the skill could be as interesting without that mechanic.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jan 22, 2012, 4:46:29 AM
The damage shown on your character screen is very random.

These are the three weapons I used in my first test:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

As for passive skills, I have Str, Int, Agi, Increased weapon/1h weapon damage, speed and accuracy. I HAVE NO SPECIFIC WEAPON TYPE BONUSES. I even have some dual wield damage or speed buffs, which means I shouldn't see any increase in damage when wielding one weapon.

Looking at Flicker Strike:

Spine Hammer = 48.4 DPS
Spine Hammer + Fiend Raker = 307.4 DPS
Fiend Raker = 213.9 DPS
Fiend Raker + Rock Slaughter = 256.7 DPS
Rock Slaughter = 265.8 DPS

I've tested with various other weapons as well, seems that it isn't specific to any one weapon or weapon type.
All above speeling mistakes are intentional.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Phranx wrote:
The damage shown on your character screen is very random.

These are the three weapons I used in my first test:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

As for passive skills, I have Str, Int, Agi, Increased weapon/1h weapon damage, speed and accuracy. I HAVE NO SPECIFIC WEAPON TYPE BONUSES. I even have some dual wield damage or speed buffs, which means I shouldn't see any increase in damage when wielding one weapon.

Looking at Flicker Strike:

Spine Hammer = 48.4 DPS
Spine Hammer + Fiend Raker = 307.4 DPS
Fiend Raker = 213.9 DPS
Fiend Raker + Rock Slaughter = 256.7 DPS
Rock Slaughter = 265.8 DPS

I've tested with various other weapons as well, seems that it isn't specific to any one weapon or weapon type.

Flicker Strike alternates which weapon it attacks with, so equiping a crappy item in the offhand, fiend raker in your test, will lower your dps, as every other hit strikes with that weapon. The 2 hand bonuses aren't near enough to make up for it, and in this case, you would be best served using only the best item, as it would be used on every strike.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I fell in love with that skill!
it's simply crazy!! it's like an AoE but not instant with a possible bad drift effect... so much a feeling of pure quickness...

I really, really hope that's the revamp of the skill will not turn it to oblivion.

And I sincerely ask myself to know if I'll could play anymore with the same pleasure at a slower pace...
OMG it's like a drug!
... nothing
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Flicker Strike now has a maximum range to target and if you're outside that range, your character will walk to the monster and start attacking it with normal attack.
I hope this is a bug and will be fixed soon or we can add Flicker to the pile of broken/useless skills.
"
lazyman75 wrote:
Flicker Strike now has a maximum range to target
It always has.
"
lazyman75 wrote:
and if you're outside that range, your character will walk to the monster and start attacking it with normal attack.
Any attack which can't be executed is replaced with the default attack - previously flickerstrike would attempt to execute, and if the target was out of range, it would pick a random target from those in range. It was changed to fail in this case because it was unintuitive that targeting a specific monster would sometimes cause you to flicker to a different, closer monster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info