Flicker Strike

Maybe it depends on the server status how well it works.
Sometimes i can flicker with 4 hit/s sometimes even 2 hit/s will result in getting moved back and desyncd from the server.
I should do about 11k dps with flicker using 6 power and 7 frenzy charges with 2 daggers, but random flicker results in whats more like 1k dps.
Even if targeted frenzy being only at about 8k still does more dmg on single target mobs which seems kinda off to me.
Maybe frenzy charges should not give you extra attack speed on a skill that will be unusable with a higher attack speed.
Using bloodrage to load up the frenzy charges you can feel the drop in damage per hit(flicker) with every frenzy charge build up.
Last edited by Headhorr on Dec 19, 2011, 4:30:24 PM
0.9.5 feedback below this post

Add me to the list of people who think this skill is way, way too good by being the top tier damage dealer with insane mobility component.

Balancing this skill is going to be impossible in its current format. If it outdamages other single target skills, no reason to use them over just spamming this thing. If it does less damage than other single target skills, it's only value is as a teleport. Though, I suppose if a build is really, really starving on gem slots, even as a low end single target attack Flicker Strike might have value if you absolutely gotta have mobility and damage in a single package.

Suggestions, a simple and a super radical one:

1. Enforce its utility. Lower its damage but give it a debuff of some sort so you are rewarded for using it against enemies for something other than positioning.

2. Turn it into a support gem for other single target melee attacks; specifically the teleport component. Obviously a rebalance on numbers would be needed as well as a very hefty penalty for AoE attacks with it.
"
konfeta wrote:

1. Enforce its utility. Lower its damage but give it a debuff of some sort so you are rewarded for using it against enemies for something other than positioning.
^ this.

I'd also like to see the return of frenzy charge expenditure. Flicker could be used without frenzy charges like normal, but if frenzy charges are available then damage is increased(2% per charge maybe, or perhaps a lengthier debuff duration with Konfeta's idea) according to the number of charges and all frenzy charges(or maybe just one) are removed.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Dec 31, 2011, 12:10:02 PM
Anyone else occasionally get stuck into scenery while using this skill and become paralyzed? No flasks, no movement, no anything. Just frozen til ldeath.
Flicker Strike needs a nerf, but charge consumption really kills the appeal of a skill. I would prefer the skill be amazing, but only every few seconds... some sort of artificial cooldown, like a hefty -total damage relieved/reversed by frenzy charges.
i have a duelist using blood rage + flicker as main attack and in my experience the skill seems OP at low level but once you hit merciless all changes the damage output is not that great and the speed is kinda too much (hurting my eyes even ;D)

i would like to see this skill as an AoE skill (ex. it goes to a random mob within a AoE of the first target, like if 10 mobs approach u dont flicker throu the whole map but flicker within (10 yards?) of target mob with the camera static on it, for this to work disable ground attack that would make the skill for better use and still maintaining its usefullness

this my passives for it (2Mb file be warned Spoiler)

i use sword (1.60 speed) + guardarm 12% speed

Spoiler

Last edited by ziiion on Jan 3, 2012, 8:44:03 PM
The random target when none is selected is annoying as heck when you're trying to target an archer in the middle of a pack. Would much prefer it to target the closest target to the click point, for those special moments when my click misses by 2 pixels or lands in the empty armpit space.
"
WxsOnline wrote:
The random target when none is selected is annoying as heck when you're trying to target an archer in the middle of a pack. Would much prefer it to target the closest target to the click point, for those special moments when my click misses by 2 pixels or lands in the empty armpit space.

Dear god, no!

This is a great skill as it is now. It would be really sad to have to target each strike. The random explosive dps when holding the button is extremely rewarding. And the gameplay is fast, furius and very fluent.

If this was changed to only attack a general area around the crusor, the gameplay would be much more jaggy and slow.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
I also love the effect of holding down the button. But as far as the targets, the melee attackers are the ones that should die first. A ranged attacker's chance of hitting you while you are flickering around is slim to none but I have flickered into a large group of melee attackers and been nearly killed, and sometimes even killed, before the next flicker can take me away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info