Flicker Strike

"
erragal wrote:
The other option would to severely limit the range so that you can't shift your camera during usage to prevent the actual 'flickering' visual effect.

Kinda like this?
huh? i love this skill and I want to be able to use it as a primary attack (with the drawback of being "single" target only, and i love the "epileptic part of it, yes really ^^... the drifting is what's don't make FS strictly OP, and somewhat dangerous to use, yes i've got some fear effect on me when i begin to drift far from my partners, alone).

what I want ? the only thing which is lacking for me is a visual effect, something like a little flash (hence flicker) of light at the begining and end of the move.
this will also, enhance the epileptic part of it ^^...

... nothing
This skill becomes much less of a a hold right click to win button when you get into Ruthless. Especially if you are stacking frenzy charges. Because not matter how fast you blink the mobs will still hit you, and by stacking AS you probably have little to no defense leaving you easily 2-3 shot.

Since getting to ruthless I have had to change my strategy. Before it was right click to win. Now I have to circle around, often using temporal chains to try and un-group up mobs, and specifically pick off of the ranged mobs. With those dead I can divide and conquer with chains or I can warlord's mark and cleave as they slowly get into my range. When there are few mobs left I can right click to win again. But 4/5 times just right clicking to win into a cluster of mobs will get you killed.
"
__Z__ wrote:

what I want ? the only thing which is lacking for me is a visual effect, something like a little flash (hence flicker) of light at the begining and end of the move.
this will also, enhance the epileptic part of it ^^...

Got Tempest Shield on while flickering so shit's cool with me :D
héhé I've just got tempest shield, youre right it looks cool!
I'm sword/shield and only died once in 59 levels...
but but but, I got my ass really badly kicked yesterday when i put a foot on MoC! lol was a butchery... for me... ^^.
i just keep going stunlocked each move i do, and died horribly i a matter of few seconds.
6k damages unbuffed and around 1k hp, only 50% block , 70% resist, that's not enough for chaos....
i think i need to seriously farm/trade if i want to keep playing FS. and I need more endurance charges...

merciless give me some dangerous and fearing time but was a breeze and fun. chaos is a slap in my face lol, but ill try to manage and keep playins FS.
... nothing
Yes, a lot of people really like this skill. But lets be honest, compared to other skills flicker in its current form is just ridiculous.

It does great damage, instant gap closer, hold right mouse key till everything is dead.

That the only drawback is that you might get hit or seperated from your team when you flicker around a bilion mobs says enough.

Any other damage dealing skill would love to have this as its only drawback.

Imo at the very least make this skill to require you to select a target.
one other drawback is that's single target only. Cleavers could dispatch mobs quicker because of the AoE part of it.
FS seem's safer but already in chaos (if it's some standard of endgame content in PoE) it's dangerous to use it. but maybe im wrong because it's my only experience in chaos atm (and i'm "only" 59). I'll give it a try anyway if I "should" aim and click...
... nothing
You need to divide this skill into two skills:

Flicker Strike
Target any enemy ON THE SCREEN and flicker to them dealing 50%-85% Main hand DMG (Hit with both weapons when Dual-Wielding). 20%-40% reduction to Stun Threshold. High DEX Req.

Rationale: Almost pure utility at this point since DMG will be minimal but very fun for gap closing to archers, mages, runners, etc. High DEX Req to reward those with moderate+ DEX. I imagine someone flickerin up to a target would startle that target hence the Stun threshold reduction.

Flicker Barrage
On activation you will flicker 4-8 times to random enemies within 15-30 feet dealing 75%-125% Main hand DMG each hit within 3-1.5 seconds (Hit with both weapons when Dual-Wielding) and END WHERE YOU STARTED. CAMERA DOES NOT MOVE (Yay Epilepsy!) 20%-40% reduction to Stun Threshold.
High DEX Req.

Rationale: Keeps the cool multi-flicker animations without throwing up! Again, high DEX Req to reward those with moderate+ DEX.
Last edited by NoriymZ on Mar 2, 2012, 8:10:57 PM
"
NoriymZ wrote:
You need to divide this skill into two skills:

Flicker Strike
Target any enemy ON THE SCREEN and flicker to them dealing 50%-85% Main hand DMG (Hit with both weapons when Dual-Wielding). 20%-40% reduction to Stun Threshold. High DEX Req.

Rationale: Almost pure utility at this point since DMG will be minimal but very fun for gap closing to archers, mages, runners, etc. High DEX Req to reward those with moderate+ DEX. I imagine someone flickerin up to a target would startle that target hence the Stun threshold reduction.

Flicker Barrage
On activation you will flicker 4-8 times to random enemies within 15-30 feet dealing 75%-125% Main hand DMG each hit within 3-1.5 seconds (Hit with both weapons when Dual-Wielding) and END WHERE YOU STARTED. CAMERA DOES NOT MOVE (Yay Epilepsy!) 20%-40% reduction to Stun Threshold.
High DEX Req.

Rationale: Keeps the cool multi-flicker animations without throwing up! Again, high DEX Req to reward those with moderate+ DEX.

+1

I don't feel the damage malus on flicker strike is necessary, if it's normal damage it won't be much more than regular attacks particularly when flicker barrage would exist.
Last edited by Umbraal on Mar 2, 2012, 9:05:49 PM
DEX skill, but works better with a slow 2 hander due to the fact that dual wield doesn't hit with both weapons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info