Flicker Strike

I've always loved this skill, but I would honestly like to see this skill go back to adding extra teleports with frenzy charges. Perhaps too, and this is just a thought, remove the random targeting except for the extra jumps from charges. As BlastMonkey said, this skill is either going to be overpowered or unfeasible the way it is. At least with an initial controlled target, the player gains a lot more control over his character but can still enjoy the bit of randomness with some frenzy charges thrown in. This would make the skill fun to use, still fun to watch and more reliable. The way it is now, it's totally boring and lacks any sort of player skill to use it.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Mar 23, 2012, 7:34:10 AM
I don't think it should necessarily have multiple flickers per cast.
I can think of two problems with that:
1. would be very strong (probably too strong) for pvp (assuming the teleport and attack speeds were anywhere near like they used to be)
2. It doesn't give the player any control, which I know is an issue devs have had.

I think this skill might be good if it requires a frenzy charge to be cast, and if it used up 1 frenzy charge each use. The skill would be fast and powerful, but due to the requirement of frenzy charges, wouldn't be too abusable or spammable in either pvp or pve
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Mar 24, 2012, 7:02:50 AM
I'm not saying let's revert flicker strike back to its .92 version, there was obviously something wrong with that had to be changed. Bonus teleports per frenzy charge wasn't what needed to be fixed, imo. All it needed was to remove the extra damage/speed per charge and a way to cancel the skill mid fight.

Let's say you have 6 charges and you cast flicker strike. You get 1 extra teleport per charge and all active charges are consumed. If at some point during these teleports you decide you need to runaway for some reason, then you simply click the ground and your character cancels flicker strike and moves to that location. All charges are still consumed and the player has almost complete control over the skill. The problem we had before was that you couldn't stop the animation. If you had 6 charges then you had to wait until the entire attack was finished before you could do anything again. Doing it this way makes flicker strike a single target spell with a small aoe burst option. The skill becomes much more controlable while retaining some of the randomness that people enjoy and removes the mind numbingly boring aspect of it which is to just hold the attack button down until everything is dead.

Requiring frenzy charges to use this skill is a bad idea in my opinion. I'm not against charge only skills, but I think it's a terrible way to curb the abuse of this particular one. Forcing people to Frenzy, Flicker, Frenzy, Flicker slows down the fast paced nature of the skill, makes it annoying to use and less fun.
I like the spell, it's a load of fun. I think the random target should get thrown out though. The support gem idea would be pretty crazy too.
I have to say this spell is fantastic. The only problem is that I can tell is not clicking on a target my character heads towards one and at the last second he is like, nope, and heads to a completely different target instead.

Also spam clicking this is kind of OP. I mean I killed the first act boss, both forms in like 10 seconds with this. I did have 2 auras up so those helped out a good deal too but still. And repeative use of the skill very fast not having a target is pretty much the coolest things ever just "flickering" everywhere. Though you do get hit a lot if you do that.
AlbelTelWicked
I used this as a gap closer for my Templar and it was very handy, especially in dungeons like the Pyramid, where there are multiple levels within a larger room and it can get you up/down to those pesky archers without going around to the stairs. I never tried holding it down to spam, since I was used to using other skills by the time I found this (random world drop), but that seems pretty cheesy. Maybe add a requirement to get a kill OR fill a cooldown before it becomes available again? A flat cooldown would be frustrating, since I was often blinking in, smashing ranged enemy, blinking to the next, etc.

One thing I did notice is sometimes the game doesn't seem to register Flicker being used, and makes you walk towards the enemy instead. Happened at both full and low mana so doesn't seem to be an OOM problem. Usually this happened for targets on the same ground level though (i.e. not up/down stairs/ramp).
Felt weird but spamming the Flicker hotkey seemed like it was faster than holding down the hotkey. I don't know if it had something to do with the character auto turning towards new targets or if I was just imagining things.
I've been using this skill a lot, here is my suggestion.

- Require an enemy being targeted before use

Why?

Because this ability is a too faceroll imo. You can run into 20+ mobs and just hold down the button, spam potions and drink a pepsi while everything dies.

It's a great ability, and I'm happy with everything else about it. But it's too easy of an autotarget mechanism for both pvp and pve.

Just my feedback on it.
40% damage bonus and 25% increased attack speed at gem level 1. My templar, my friend's marauder, and my other friend's duelist all use this skill because at 11 mana it's the best single target damage. Added bonus, it's defensive due to the flickering.
How high would I have to level heavy strike to even equal the damage of a level 1 flicker?

IGN: Dibrom
Flicker is very strong, nice thing it costs more mana then heavy strike. But it have no downfalls. Beside causing epilepsy. Its cheap do a lot of dmg makes you harder to target and hit [my main atack against skeletal mages].

Its maby too strong, and to epileptic. I use it with frenzy and it just blows my eyballs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info