Flicker Strike

with 7 frenzy my dps on flickerstrike doesnt change is that a bug or normal ???
Finally tried this skill, man it had me laughing for several hours. I'm using it with a 1.97 speed dagger and Blood-dancer shoes. The distance accidentally travelled was hillarious.

As a back-up skill it works great. If it's your primary skill it would drive you nuts for its lack of control.

I use Double-Strike as main dps, frenzy with power charge on crit for charge-ups, whirling blades for positioning and safety, lightning strike for physical reflect or safe range attacks. Then recently added Flicker in a 4L helm for fun.

Flicker is great to finish off dangerous Kole type bosses. You can also use it once or twice to get in the center of a pack, shift-double strike to kill a bunch, then either flicker again or whirl blade to reposition. It's awesome for killing off last remaining stragglers in an area, or things like voidbearers.
"
Shuks wrote:
Finally tried this skill, man it had me laughing for several hours. I'm using it with a 1.97 speed dagger and Blood-dancer shoes. The distance accidentally travelled was hillarious.

As a back-up skill it works great. If it's your primary skill it would drive you nuts for its lack of control.

I use Double-Strike as main dps, frenzy with power charge on crit for charge-ups, whirling blades for positioning and safety, lightning strike for physical reflect or safe range attacks. Then recently added Flicker in a 4L helm for fun.

Flicker is great to finish off dangerous Kole type bosses. You can also use it once or twice to get in the center of a pack, shift-double strike to kill a bunch, then either flicker again or whirl blade to reposition. It's awesome for killing off last remaining stragglers in an area, or things like voidbearers.

Lol, you are crazy indeed to use it with 1.97 speed weapon as a main skill :) You should try less than 1.5 AS, at least.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
The level of desync with this skill with multistrike is on par with cyclone. Totally unusable for HC.
"
patlefort3 wrote:
The level of desync with this skill with multistrike is on par with cyclone. Totally unusable for HC.

There are tons of other nice builds, that are unusable if you are afraid of death.

Just listed to Maradeur's starting speech, he has point there.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Flicker Strike + Multristrike + Melee Splash + Added Fire Damage + Increased Melee Physical Damage = An absurd amount of DPS. I'm currently level 80 and the DPS I output with a 491 DPS 2hd axe is ridiculous. This is definitely a YOLO build and not an optional skill for hardcore because of the desync. Currently you cannot control the direction of where your character is going while using Flicker Strike. It would be nice if GGG can edit Flicker Strike. While using the skill, your character will flicker towards the direction of where your cursor is on the screen. It makes more sense to control what you want to attack rather than attacking random monsters. Nonetheless, flicker strike is incredibly fun with the proper support gems and spec.
IGN: Marissa_Is_Hella_Hot
My Domination Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/713727/page/1/#p6181728
Please make this skill not shake my screen and move it around like crazy, makes me want to vomit.
1) Camera:
Currently the camera follows the character in a ridiculous way, making it near impossible to follow what's happening in the game.
I'd suggest making the camera move to where your cursor is while the skill is in-use and back to your character as soon as you release the button or run out of frenzy charges to keep using the skill. For this to work well with the skill let's get to point 2.

2) Automatic target choice:
If the mouse is over an enemy while the skill is being used, then said enemy should be chosen as the target instead of random enemies in range. If the mouse is not hovering above a specific enemy, then the nearest few enemies should be chosen as targets and - again - not totally random enemies in the skill range.

Those two simple changes would greatly improve the gameplay experience with flicker strike.

IGN: Pirteloli
instead of nerving the auto-targeting part of multistrike, how about changing multistrike to "the last hit will hit the initial target, if possible". That way it would also be better to use for single target purposes
I currently use flicker strike in some 5L armor:

Coupled with blood rage and
I endlessly flicker around until all mobs are dead. One thing that would be nice is having a little more control over the movement. Perhaps limit flicker to a certain radius from where you click so it will only atk mobs in that radius rather than chain flicker you across the map and not actually kill much. This could mean that you stop flickering while an enemy is next to you but slightly outside said radius, but I think that would be a small price to pay for the control you would have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info