Flicker Strike

Quoted from the 1.0.2 patch:

"
Some skills now display average damage per skill use instead of DPS, as DPS would not make sense for them.

While at one side, I understand why this is applied to Flicker strike, it has a cooldown after all, for the builds that revolves around Flicker Strike, not being able to see the damage per second, but have to calculate it manually, is a huge pain in the ass. Especially since the dps of Flicker Strike builds is more important then the dps per hit(at least, for the Flicker Stike builds using Multistrike).
Though, it is nice to know the damage per hit as well. Therefore: is it possible to add the "damage per second" of Flicker Strike in the offensive character sheet? I don't think you should change the tooltip to show Damage per Second instead of Damage per Hit, but being able to see somewhere what the DPS is, would be nice :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
Quoted from the 1.0.2 patch:

"
Some skills now display average damage per skill use instead of DPS, as DPS would not make sense for them.

While at one side, I understand why this is applied to Flicker strike, it has a cooldown after all, for the builds that revolves around Flicker Strike, not being able to see the damage per second, but have to calculate it manually, is a huge pain in the ass. Especially since the dps of Flicker Strike builds is more important then the dps per hit(at least, for the Flicker Stike builds using Multistrike).
Though, it is nice to know the damage per hit as well. Therefore: is it possible to add the "damage per second" of Flicker Strike in the offensive character sheet? I don't think you should change the tooltip to show Damage per Second instead of Damage per Hit, but being able to see somewhere what the DPS is, would be nice :)

Is it so hard to multiply two numbers, both of those shown to you by a game? Use windows build-in calculator for that, dude!
However, even average damage is calculated incorrectly if you use critical strikes and can miss. Since you need to make math yourself anyway, i see no difference here. And watching huge 6-digit numbers isnt my goal in game.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 2, 2013, 4:58:32 AM
well.. big tooltip numbers is a huge boost to my epeen.. find a way to let me see "dps" again please! :)
IGN: McPeen / Sex / iLeap
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
...not being able to see the damage per second, but have to calculate it manually, is a huge pain in the ass.

Is it so hard to multiply two numbers, both of those shown to you by a game? Use windows build-in calculator for that, dude!
However, even average damage is calculated incorrectly if you use critical strikes and can miss. Since you need to make math yourself anyway, i see no difference here. And watching huge 6-digit numbers isnt my goal in game.

"Is it so hard to read?" - see, not so nice when someone else does it to you, is it? I find your tone rather offensive. Really, there is no need for that.
Like I mentioned, it's not impossible to do so, but it is a pain in the ass to do so for every weapon you equip.
What do you mean by that second part though? Are you implying critical strike chance and multiplier is not calculated into the average dps shown by the skill? Whenever I put a point into critical strike chance/multiplier, I do see an increase in damage, so if that is what you mean, you are highly mistaken.
Speaking about Crit/Acc, if you want to know the exact dps, you also have to calculate those, making the equation a lot bigger. Still calculatale, but a needless hassle, since it hasn't been like that before.

And like I said, if you have to calculate everything, every time you find a good weapon, it will become a huge pain in the ass.

And like I said, I don't need to see it in the skillbar dps tool tip, but having one line on the character screen is more than enough for me.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
...not being able to see the damage per second, but have to calculate it manually, is a huge pain in the ass.

"Is it so hard to read?" - see, not so nice when someone else does it to you, is it? I find your tone rather offensive. Really, there is no need for that.
Like I mentioned, it's not impossible to do so, but it is a pain in the ass to do so for every weapon you equip.
What do you mean by that second part though? Are you implying critical strike chance and multiplier is not calculated into the average dps shown by the skill? Whenever I put a point into critical strike chance/multiplier, I do see an increase in damage, so if that is what you mean, you are highly mistaken.
Speaking about Crit/Acc, if you want to know the exact dps, you also have to calculate those, making the equation a lot bigger. Still calculatale, but a needless hassle, since it hasn't been like that before.

And like I said, if you have to calculate everything, every time you find a good weapon, it will become a huge pain in the ass.

And like I said, I don't need to see it in the skillbar dps tool tip, but having one line on the character screen is more than enough for me.

Sorry, no offence was meant. I just reminded, that numbers game provides you with, are incorrect anyway, and even if you use calcultator, it will still be "average" DPS, because different mobs have different evasion values.
What does it means, in fact?
In fact, when making a hit, you first roll number (accuracy VS evasion) to determine, will your attack be a miss, hit or crit. If it rolls to crit, you roll number (accuracy VS evasion) once more to confirm your crit. If you fail there, attack will be downgraded to normal hit, and game DOES NOT counts this issue, so providing you with higher DPS/damage values, than they are in fact.
And, of course, game takes an average white mob's evasion to calculate hit chance. Dexterity-alighned mobs, champions (especially with certain mod) and bosses can have higher evasion.

If you want to determine true DPS change, you should calculate it yourself, especially true if your accuracy changes.
P.S. With this "feature", Additional Accuracy gem isnt in fact as shitty as it seems first. It can be pretty solid gem (20/20), especially for Spectral Throw and Lightning Strike.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Interesting. Are you sure this isn't just the case with the diamond flasks? Then again, it sounds plausible.

If I understand this right, weapons(or skills)with higher accuracy will show lower dps then they actually have because of this issue. So, a weapon with a slightly higher acc rate, can be shown with more dps, than a weapon with a much lower acc rate, but slightly higher damage.

I see your point there, although, this is something bigger then just flicker strike. This kinds of affect every skill and attack. If this issue would have been solved(and I think this will most likely be solved as it doesn't sound anything too complicated), I still would miss the average dps on the flicker strike page.

I guess, I just view these two things separate since the wrong calculation counts for everything, and the issue I tried to bring to light, is more of a quality of life issue.

I'll keep it in mind though :)
I am a nice guy.
"
Interesting. Are you sure this isn't just the case with the diamond flasks? Then again, it sounds plausible.

You can check Wiki for that, too...

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Help. How to calculate the new dps of flicker. Game says, damage per use. Help
"
ShadowShaft wrote:
Help. How to calculate the new dps of flicker. Game says, damage per use. Help

DPS = average damage / attack time
Your C.O.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
34 pages of DPS epeen talk, how about we fix some mechanics and improve the gaming quality?

The most used support for flicker strike must be multistrike (with splash).
The problem however is, that flicker does not obey target priorities.

To upkeep a good combat flow, it is ideal to kill one target at a time ASAP,
to regain a new frenzy charge (bloodrage).

Once the certain gear/dmg limit has been reached, a player could enjoy this build,
if it just had controllable mechanics which would mean:

A) Right click flicker (hold) with no target selected,
and it will pick targets in random order, nearest to the cursor location.

The current way of straying off the screen in a chaining manner further and further away, leaving behind a trail of 100 half dead targets behind you would finally be history.

B) Right click flicker (hold) on a specific target, and every strike will hit the selected target. Other surrounding targets are only hit if splash is attached.

This is how it should work out when you got flicker + multistrike + bloodrage.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Dec 17, 2013, 6:34:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info