Flicker Strike

What does attack speed do for flicker strike?
"
Vaaz wrote:
What does attack speed do for flicker strike?
Allows you to attack faster.
i think the person is moreso confused about "what good does attack speed do for a skill that has a cooldown".
The answer is the same. The attack is faster. It takes less time to execute Flicker Strike.
If someone is sharing frenzy charges, we can use flicker strike forever. Since we are not using our charges and using the charges that are been shared with us the amount never drops and we can use flicker strike forever if we don't have mana problems
"
Laep wrote:
If someone is sharing frenzy charges, we can use flicker strike forever. Since we are not using our charges and using the charges that are been shared with us the amount never drops and we can use flicker strike forever if we don't have mana problems
No, you can't That's not what sharing charges means.
Sharing charges, as used on Conduit and some unqiues, means that whenever the player gets a charge, each of his party members in a certain distance also gets a charge of the same type. If you use the charge your given, you use it up - it doesn't keep you up at the same number, it just means you get a charge each time the person with conduit does.
What I find interesting about Flicker strike is that from a design perspective it feels like it's supposed to be a DW skill move into combat or to move to the outside of combat, like a backstab kind of thing. But the fact that it works with 2h makes me think it's better overall for 2h users. And most often 2h users will just use leap slam to get into or out of combat. Giving flicker strike the cleave treatment, in that it strikes with both weapons but each for reduced damage, would fight more thematically. That is assuming it is supposed to be used how I'm thinking.
Why doesn't flicker strike ignore traps lying on the teleportation trajectory? This looks ridiculously when I teleport to the enemy and the trap flies through the air to me (it was lying between me and the enemy). Is it a bug?
"
SidleJinks wrote:
Why doesn't flicker strike ignore traps lying on the teleportation trajectory? This looks ridiculously when I teleport to the enemy and the trap flies through the air to me (it was lying between me and the enemy). Is it a bug?

You should post this in the Beta Bug report form and find out!
IGN: Darkflayme
My favorite flavor text: "Swinging through the air, it sings
of sundered, severed, missing things."
I think the biggest problem with Flicker Strike is that it's design and appeal aren't the same. In that, I mean it's supposed to be an assassin-esque backstab type of skill. However, Flicker Strike isn't a blink and it isn't a teleport, it's just rapid movement. That should probably be fixed unless it was intended to do that in the first place. Too many times have I tried to Flicker Strike out of danger only to eat a few projectiles on the trajectory.

There's only two other problems I see with Flicker: Destination and being stunned. When you Flicker Strike a mob, you can appear on any side of them. 9/10 times you'll be sitting there like an idiot for a few seconds while you figure out where you ended up and where to position your cursor. The other problem is being stunned. Currently farming Fellshrine on my Witch and whenever I get stunned by an Archer while using Flicker, it goes on cooldown without doing anything.
To be honest, I wasn't aware this skill had a cast time, even if it was really small, it's long enough to have it countered by nearly any attack. Kinda forces any build using Flicker Strike to invest in Chayula.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info