Flicker Strike

I really wanted to use this skill as a main part of my build but at level 55 have decided that the bugs make it unusable - too many deaths flickering to a target other than the one I selected. I am sad :(
:( I want old flicker back
Last edited by eldragon0 on Dec 28, 2012, 2:22:32 AM
Im not going to read 23 pages, so ill just say my 2 cents.

Using 2h with flicker is rated at nearly double of default attack. In my opinion for PvP vs range and casters, the skill feels too strong and more of an excuse for players to get spam kills.
I personally prefer Leap vs casters and range because it feels fair to them, even though leap is 1/4th the damage aoe, and far slower and harder to aim - enjoy it because it feels skill plays more a role then gear/face roll.

I know some builds use 4 flicker gems to spam flicker over and over, but idk about how powerful that is, or if it's intended to be used like that.

In my opnion, Flicker is a great skill to teleport to a location to apply damage and get out. I feel the damage itself is a little higher then i expected since the skill offers players the ability to drop the most power melee skills by teleporting.
if it applied a DoT rather than instant damage maybe?
What are the experiences of people who use this with latency? I'm playing at around 200-250 ping and when I use flicker I teleport around what seems randomly due to rubberbanding. (I assume?)I have no problems with other abilities or the game in general, just this one.
How does Flicker Strike determine whether it teleports you in front of your target or behind them? It seems totally random to me and really messes me up when I try to use a skill right after I blink.
"
Barnabas wrote:

I know some builds use 4 flicker gems to spam flicker over and over, but idk about how powerful that is, or if it's intended to be used like that.

Am i reading this right?

Each flicker strike is on its own cool-down?

"
MBata wrote:
Am i reading this right?

Each flicker strike is on its own cool-down?

Each gem grants its own skill (even if it's a skill you already have), and each skill has its own cooldown.
This tactic is also commonly used with Traps, since you can only stock up on 3 per skill gem.
Can't believe there's even a discussion. This should be removed as it is entirely uncounterable for ranged classes. In pve its impossible enough, the thought that it exists in pvp is unacceptable. If you want to make it useless as a damage ability go ahead.
IGN: Milkt, RidiculousMilk
Just wanted to say that as a quality of life feature, when you use Flicker Strike it should automatically target that mob with any other skill buttons you have held down. That way you can hold down a melee attack and tap flicker strike to jump between them without fumbling around trying to target each mob with both flicker strike and your usual attack.
Last edited by Strill on Feb 6, 2013, 5:06:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info