Flicker Strike

I really want to like Flicker Strike, but the desync deaths are getting to be too much. It took me six runs to get from Prisoner's Gate to Ship Graveyard, and another three runs from there and I have still yet to get to the Cavern WP.

I don't even use Flicker as a main attack skill except against bosses, just a faster mobility skill in place of Leap Slam.. I use Flicker to close the gap, and then Sweep or Ground Slam depending upon how the surrounding pack is laid out.. So many times I arrive, begin using what should be the best skill to kill the pack, only to rubber band into a different pack and find out I haven't been attacking anything and mobs behind me (that my attacks should have already slain) already have me just about dead.

It also seems like, when I do use Flicker as a main attack skill, sometimes I desync and don't actually hit anything at all for a few seconds.. Basing this observation on how quickly my life drops when I should be leeching high amounts of life. This could also be attributed to my low life total for my level, as my build will be squishy until level 45ish (32 atm). But it doesn't seem to be the problem.. When I'm not desyncing my life leech usually keeps me at close to full life, even when surrounded by large packs..
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
The change in the latest patch fixed so much of the clunkiness of this skill! It seems that it doesn't cause desync entirely as often as it felt like, but instead it's movement behavior not working as intended contributed quite a lot to the broken feeling of the skill. Very happy with this fix ^-^
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I'm confused on the "attack speed increase", and no one seems to be able to explain it to me. The skill claims at level 1 that you get 25% attack speed increase plus 10% per frenzy charge. But there is no attack speed increase. I though at first it might be the "attack time" in the corner, but I've been running around testing flicker strike with my character window open and the attack speed numbers never change. Is this:
A.) Currently bugged
B.) Improperly described, requiring a charge for any increase.
C.) An old description that needs to be removed, since there is a CD now.
D.) A speed increase so lightning fast it doesn't show up on the character screen.
It just makes Flicker Strike faster. It's not a buff or anything, but something the skill does, like +%damage. Check the attack speed in C and compare it to the default attack.
Then it's bugged, since when you are dealing with a half-second attack and the animation takes more than that, it is completely pointless to claim a skill has an attack speed boost, especially when it is hampered by a CD.

In essence, not only did the flicker strike damage get nerfed by 40%, but the 25% +1% per gem level attack speed increase was completely wiped by the CD. I have no problem with the CD, but make the speed increase last for 2 seconds (the CD time) plus another 2 seconds per frenzy charge spent.
What? The cooldown has no effect on the IAS at all. Flicker Strike is still a faster attack than any other, because it has the IAS. If it didn't, it wouldn't be a half-second attack in the first place.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 16, 2012, 10:05:07 PM
How are you figuring a two-second cooldown is faster than any other attack in the game?!
The IAS works on a per-attack basis. The cooldown doesn't effect that at all. One Flicker Strike is faster than one of any other attack. Ergo, the IAS is still just as strong as it was pre-cooldown.
"
Phang wrote:
How are you figuring a two-second cooldown is faster than any other attack in the game?!

"
Vipermagi wrote:
The IAS works on a per-attack basis. The cooldown doesn't effect that at all. One Flicker Strike is faster than one of any other attack. Ergo, the IAS is still just as strong as it was pre-cooldown.

I believe he means faster attacks offer more benefit than just more attacks per second. They also make each individual attack faster, allowing you to strike before an opponent can reciprocate.
Devolving Wilds
Land
I was excited for Path of Exiles pvp when they said teleporting (looking at you Enigma) wouldn't be prevalent in this game.

I really dont want to see everyone using flicker strike...it removes a lot of elements of kiting and control from the game.

Blink strikes are fine as long as they arent spammable and have huge damage. the fact that it TELEPORTS YOU INSTANTLY to your target is enough already. It could do zero damage and still be viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info