Fireball

"
Serge91 wrote:
Concentrated Effect is not a viable support gem for Fireball, unless you play for burning damage with elementalist proliferation, or you manage to put 5 rolling flames jewel (Which is totally insane, the number of passive points wasted for this is huge).

Not viable? Are you serious?
The reduced aoe is not even noticeable even with 2-3 rolling flames. If u think that 59 % more Area Damage +10% increased aoe damage is not viable then i`d like to know what you think is viable lol.
"
kindevu wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:
Concentrated Effect is not a viable support gem for Fireball, unless you play for burning damage with elementalist proliferation, or you manage to put 5 rolling flames jewel (Which is totally insane, the number of passive points wasted for this is huge).

Not viable? Are you serious?
The reduced aoe is not even noticeable even with 2-3 rolling flames. If u think that 59 % more Area Damage +10% increased aoe damage is not viable then i`d like to know what you think is viable lol.

I didnt say that it doesnt boost damage. I meant to say, with "it's not viable", that it reduces drastically the area of effect... which is very tiny for fireball. With 3 rolling flames the area is ok (and taking all the passive nodes that increase the area), so making it 40% less its not a great idea (except for the hardest boss to kill them faster: though change another support for some istant to put in concentrated effect doesnt mean that "its viable"). You can get a similar dps boost using elemental focus or controlled destruction, without losing so much area. If you want to use concentrated and still have a decent aoe for packs, then you will need more than 3 rolling flames on the passive tree.
Also, its not very helpful for single target: without conc effect, your explosion are going to overlap. If you put conc effect in, this wont happen ---> this is dps lost that you cant see on the tooltip.

This is not the case, of course, if you want to use fireball for burning: aoe then is irrilevant, and so reducing a useless aoe to increase a lot the damage is a good idea.

This is what I meant with the previous post.

Also. The fireball aoe with the passive nodes on area of effect and 2 rolling flames is crap.
Last edited by Serge91 on May 11, 2016, 7:20:34 AM
No other gem gives as much damage as conc effect. Controlled destruction etc don`t even come close. And for the small reduce in aoe which is almost unnoticeable like i said earlier,conc effect is one of the best gems for fireball.There is a reason why all top fireball witches use conc effect. I played again with 3 rolling flames and gmp and fireballs DID overlap. Now i play with 4 rolling flames for faster map clearing.

my passive tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvA3UEBwSzBx4HYwj0DkgQWBEPES8RlhZvFr8abBqBHNwfAiL0JKomlSlPKwosnC0fMjQ2xTbpOw08BTy9PV9CekSrSVFJsUyzUEJRdFJTUzVVS1WuVcZWSFh3XGtd8l8EXyph4mZUZp5p2GpDbAttGXIPenB88H5ZfqF_xoIQg9uESIV7h2WLeow2jr6PGo-mkQeRK5LBkyeUb5Uul5WX9Jo7na6f36EvogCio6aZpwivt7QMtUi4k76KwFTAZsNtytPLvdAf1abXz9gk2t3fsOL342rkIutj6-Tr7uw47TzvfO-I7-vw1fk3?accountName=kindevu&characterName=zabani
Last edited by kindevu on May 11, 2016, 7:48:32 AM
The base area of effect should be tripled at least. The fireball should explode in a huge area upon impact.
Light as a neutral force.

The new flesh emerges.
This spell on its own is still bad. If it weren't for ignite, fireball would be absolute horrible.
Huge mana costs,slow cast time,huge investment to give it a reasonable aoe just don`t cut it.
With wall nerf it became even worse. 50% more damage is way less damage than pre-nerf wall fireball.

Fireball however,is the best skill to play ignite based build. With 50% more base damage you can pull of big ignite damages now. Combined with elementlist ascendancy its a real good build. Check Mathils fireball build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igfjyzb-F_M

The skill itself needs some minor tweaks IMO its okay but I wish the projectile functioned more similarly to the Carrion Queen Enemy's one where it detonated on where the Enemy was targeting. Fireball currently also has a "minimum range" where the fireballs don't explode upon impact as well. If these 2 things got worked in to the Fireball it'll definitely be much more fluid to use.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"Fireball currently also has a "minimum range" where the fireballs don't explode upon impact as well"
No it doesn't.
Try casting fireball pointblank where enemies are directly in front of you doing melee attacks. Sometimes the fireballs just explode dealing no damage it doesn't happen often but its still annoying when it happens as you have to readjust your position again to make sure the fireballs detonate and deal damage.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Dec 19, 2016, 11:23:58 AM
You're playing on Predictive, I take it? Sounds like the age-old desynch; server has your Projectile going in an entirely different direction from where the enemy is standing.
The Detonation on Cursor Location would be a much desired effect for this though. Would help give the Caster more control on how to use it like the Carrion Queen's Fireballs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info