Fireball

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yes, they can overlap, and thus a single volley can hit the same enemy multiple times.
Lesser Multiple Projectiles is a really good pick, in my opinion. Doesn't hurt single-target that much (can multi-hit if enemy is adjacent to a wall or rock, too), and quite effective at killing groups. Alternative is setting up with GMP and an entirely separate Fireball, as Charan also described - probably more effective in the long run.

A followup on that question, let's say all 5 GMP AOEs overlap, and all 5 ignite, if you're wearing and Emberwake, will the targeted mob receive 5 ignites?
Yes.

The target will always take five Ignites in this scenario. However, if you don't have Emberwake, only the strongest deals Damage. It's not going to be relevant, but it's a thing that happens :p
An 18% Fireball dropped in The Coast on my first Talisman character (luckily I'm going Iron Will caster with him) and I thought I'd make use of the skill.

It's a rather underwhelming experience with a starting character. The combination of slow cast speed, slow and small projectile, and small AoE mean I just don't enjoy it at low level. Maybe it'd pick up with supports, but right now it's just blah. The damage is also low even after some investment such as a nice Ashscale Talisman with spell damage. At the moment all I use it for on that character is blowing up barrels and crates, with the occasional toss at an enemy when it levels or mixing in a support to see if it's doing any better. So far it hasn't.

Something that might make it feel better but only alter the look: Give it a bigger projectile. At the moment it looks like a dinky fire bolt, not a big fire ball. There also isn't much in the way of showing what the AoE really is. Perhaps it's my video settings, but a better indicator of the AoE would be nice so I can be more strategic in casting the spell.
Got 1 question to which I couldn't find an answer.
At lvl 20 fireball deals 500-750 dmg. Considering I don't have any aoe modifiers, for how much do I hit a single target?
2x500-750 => effectively 1000-1500 or
2x250-375 => 500-750?
Obviously target is hit by the projectile and then by the explosion.
Last edited by macexor on Feb 27, 2016, 1:21:41 AM
Fireball only hits once, for 500-750 Damage.
This will be with regards to FB's interaction with chain. Because of shotgun mechanics, chain was changed to expire on hit and cast a new spell so that hitting the same target would still be possible. In that case, will a chained FB hitting 3 times explode 3 times?
"
c2games wrote:
Because of shotgun mechanics, chain was changed to expire on hit and cast a new spell
This is not a change that has ever happened.
Well that saves me time looking in the patch notes for it.

Then my question changes a bit but still in the same train of thought. Are chained projectiles "new" projectiles?

How does it interact with the threshold jewel rolling flames.
"
c2games wrote:
Then my question changes a bit but still in the same train of thought. Are chained projectiles "new" projectiles?
No, they are not. They are the same projectile, continuing it's movement.
Sweet. Thanks. So I get to "prolong" fireballs travel time with this and hopefully detonate in the middle of a pack.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info