Explosive Arrow

Jesus christ the burning damage nerf hits EA so hard. Basically if you have the burn cluster over templar area before, you now need ONE HUNDRED PERCENT MORE fire/proj/elem/burn damage from passives to break even compared to pre-nerf.

That's such a huge nerf to an otherwise cool but not overpowered build.

They should be nerfing Searing Touch instead of just burn damage in general. The aim was to make burning discharge builds anyway.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
are you guys 100% sure that nodes like 15%increased critical strike Chance with bows, doesnt increase the critical strikce Chance of the explosions?

if i put one Point in to it, it actually increases the Chance.... what is wrong with it ?

regards, pete
"
if i put one Point in to it, it actually increases the Chance.... what is wrong with it ?

Increases the chance of the attack, the arrows themselves. The explosion has a separate chance to crit, and is not influenced by dmg/chance relative to weapons, like weapon/bow elemental damage as well as chance to crit. Otherwise, global chance to crit and general %dmg (and fire) modifiers work with the explosion.
So crit chance to exlosion is influenced by "critical strike chance" (just this with %) passives but NOT with "weapon" or "bow" or sth like this modifier?
Last edited by majber on Jan 3, 2014, 11:52:38 AM
Yep. 'Spell' also doesn't work.
Hi,

A little question:

Does dot node like Growth an decay increase burning damage of EA ?
"
pitbronson wrote:
Hi,

A little question:

Does dot node like Growth an decay increase burning damage of EA ?
only if it ignites the foe(s).
Hi guys... name's Hakuna.

First off, sorry for my bad english, not my native language. Soooo, i'm backin to the game after a break and i want to know if EA based build still worth it.

I have an 66 Marauder with a 4L EA (EA+Change to Ignite+Fire Penetration+Elemental Proliferation)... I use Flammability curse and also trigger EE using a 4L LA (LA+Blind+Chain+Life Gain on Hit)...

Well.. That was a perfect build to me... cheap, effective and fun... So, can u guys sumarize what changed? How much the changes affect the character all around?

PS.: Some guys are really upset with the changes... i will continue reading. Thanks
Level 26 1024-1536 fire damage per fuse charge (screen shot included)(used level 3 empower on a +2bow gems +1all gems bow)

Level 25 917-1375 fire damage per fuse charge (used level 2 empower instead of level 3 on a +2bow gems +1all gems bow)

Level 24 820-1230 fire damage per fuse charge (used +2 bow with level 3 empower)

EDIT : updated Wiki page with above info

gear i used to test it for 26 & 25
Spoiler

for level 24
Spoiler

I'm no longer playin EA since the huge burning nerf but i figured some of u might use the info on high level EA dmg since wikipedia doesnt describe it. The sockets have crappy colors because i have wasted 5k+ chromes and didnt get the colors i needed (3blue 2 red 1 green) so i quit playin this build
IGN : Sir_Big
tried EA on new invasion league, same level like my searing bond(lvl 15), with 4L it does approx same dmg but costs tons more health ( I have BM keystone). lol back to searing bond.
/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info