Explosive Arrow

How does added chaos/light/cold supports interact with this skill?

1) Increase original attack dmg only
2) Increases the explosion damage once
3) Increases the explosion damage multiple times (once for each charge)

4) 1 and 2
5) 1 and 3

6) some other way..
As always, they apply to any Hit scored by the Skill.
The arrow Hits, naturally.
There's only one explosion per monster. It deals Damage, so it too scores a Hit.

Option 4.
"

1- Auto-explode on reaching 5 stack OR
2- Reduce duration gem completely remove the delay or reduce it way more than currently(the thresold would be that only with quill rain you could 5 stack before it explode which would balance against ticket bow user).

The reduced duration has been thought before but I will test it further. However as far as I see, a 21/20 reduced duration on a +1 gem can go 22 and it reduce 56%. I means the fuse explose duration goes from 1s to 0.44s which is still high to me. I am using a +3 imperial bow and hitting 3hit/s meaning 0.33s between hits. Either I have to reduce my as or wait. In short, it does not really completely solve the problem :(
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
"
F4F_Lucifer wrote:
"

1- Auto-explode on reaching 5 stack OR
2- Reduce duration gem completely remove the delay or reduce it way more than currently(the thresold would be that only with quill rain you could 5 stack before it explode which would balance against ticket bow user).

The reduced duration has been thought before but I will test it further. However as far as I see, a 21/20 reduced duration on a +1 gem can go 22 and it reduce 56%. I means the fuse explose duration goes from 1s to 0.44s which is still high to me. I am using a +3 imperial bow and hitting 3hit/s meaning 0.33s between hits. Either I have to reduce my as or wait. In short, it does not really completely solve the problem :(

0.44 is pretty good for a 0.33 bow...
think about it, if you made the duration SHORTER than your attack speed, then you won't actually be able to charge up...

and if you don't charge up you get a small explosion radius.

Not only that, 0.33/s is if you stand still, if you have to stagger shoot a bit then you might lose the charges too if the duration is too short.
MTX for EA plz?
/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.
I have a level 92 ranger with explosive arrow build...
It can do any map even ele reflect if u play smart,
For atziri build it is a bit dificult, but if u want to make it viable for atziri just dont invest in burn, use passives for fire and proj damage and gems like culling strike and faster prooj and conc effect, it should work fine
EDIT: nvm, going back through the thread found the answer I wanted.
Last edited by WalkingInCircles on Jul 22, 2014, 1:51:17 PM
Anyone know what the interaction between Explosive Arrow and a Remote Mine/Trap Support Gem would be?

Pre-1.2.0 the generic damage modifiers would've affected the Explosion Damage, will it still do that now that Remote Mine has more Mine Damage and Trap has More Trap Damage instead?

Also, I know that you can have a high level EA and hit a mob, then just shoot level 1 EA to increase the damage with charges without draining mana. So I'm wondering if the same can be said about reflect and Remote Mine / Trap.

Say I lay down a level 28 EA with Remote Mine.
I set off the mine.
The level 28 EA hits a elemental reflect mob.
I shoot 4 level 1 EA at that mob so that mob has 5 charges.
EA explodes.

Now do I take the reflect damage or does the Mine since it shot the original EA?
This could potentially bring back EA (since it was always weak to ele reflect) if this mechanic is abuse-able. At the same time though, Traps and Mines are pretty clunky so I doubt even this making EA reflect immune would popularize it.
Another league and I still playing EA. I love this skill but it still has some bugs with it. The one with frostwall for example and it hasn't been fixed for a loong time.
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
Can a developer clarify on whether they want herald of ash to not function with the explosion?
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info