Explosive Arrow

Does fire damage & weapon elemental damage increase burning damage now?
IGN: Marissa_Is_Hella_Hot
My Domination Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/713727/page/1/#p6181728
"
Avelice wrote:

I'm very interested in knowing how burns created by projectiles are treated for damage now. Does +% increased projectile damage improve those burns? Does LMP give less burn damage? Does concentrated effect improve the damage?

I can agree with your points.

Answering to your questions:
Since explosion is considered a projectile (to prevent GMP abuse), yes, projectiles nodes increase burn damage from it. And yes, LMP makes burn itself deal LESS damage (as well as increasing it with increased projectile damage). And yes, Concentrated effect increases burn damage, so it's ridiculously powerful (and probable musthave) for burn caused by EA.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
i have some questions about the damage of the Explosion.

What does effect it?

elemental damage
fire damage
projectile dmg

and i have another question about the crits of the Explosion.
how does that work ? And what Kind of critical Affixes and nodes do affect them ?

crticial hit Multiplier ?
critical hit Chance ?
does lethality effect the crit Chance of the explosions, too ? (critical strike Chance with bow)

im running a pvp build. my EA is linked with LMP, Faster projectiles, conc, firepen and empower --> is this usefull ?

maybe someone can help me out with my tree (ranger)

regards, pete
"
i have some questions about the damage of the Explosion.

What does effect it?

elemental damage
fire damage
projectile dmg

and i have another question about the crits of the Explosion.
how does that work ? And what Kind of critical Affixes and nodes do affect them ?

crticial hit Multiplier ?
critical hit Chance ?
does lethality effect the crit Chance of the explosions, too ? (critical strike Chance with bow)

im running a pvp build. my EA is linked with LMP, Faster projectiles, conc, firepen and empower --> is this usefull ?

maybe someone can help me out with my tree (ranger)

regards, pete

Explosion IS considered a projectile and AoE, but it isnt an attack (and not a spell).
Everything you stated here, will work for explosion, except bow-specific passives (Lethality), as they work with attacks only, and explosion from EA isnt an attack.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

(level 25 EA soon to be 26)

im using this gonna switch increase aoe to increase burning damage when empower hits to max lvl

but to the point :

EA that uses EE is strange because the initial hit if u have +cold or +light will lower the targets resistance by 50% to fire (that will increase explosion damage)

BUT if the target ignites after first fire damage "tick"
it will proc EE and makin the monster get even more fire resist (that will lower damage from ignite)

:(

edit : since the insane nerf to burning damage i guess its worth taking EE since burning damage is crap now
IGN : Sir_Big
Last edited by Achilion on Dec 8, 2013, 9:14:16 AM
Crazy bow you have there. How much of an improvement on clear speed do you get with that and level 25 EA, over level 20 with quill rain?

Ever died to reflect?
"
roffo wrote:
Crazy bow you have there. How much of an improvement on clear speed do you get with that and level 25 EA, over level 20 with quill rain?

Ever died to reflect?

Difference is significant and i have enough attack speed that i dont need quill rain.

I never died to reflect but was close several times -max res + elemental reflect maps are funny :D
I guess having enough life to act as a buffer helps. I think the most damage i took from reflect per 1 explosion was around 6,5k life.

Im on SC now because of turbo map Kole desynched me to death :D.

Anyway ill try to make this build even more insane someday hopefuly ill get to 100 and get some other damage boosting items im thinkin of switching from 1000 life kaoms to new kaosm with fire damage increase too.

IGN : Sir_Big
Well I have 6.6k life right now, so that is scary :P I never stack more than 2/3 fuses vs reflect, but sometimes you just don't see it coming.

New kaom's would be awesome. Are you still using elemental equilibrium? I'm getting weary of it in group play, thinking lvl 25 EA would already be more than enough damage too. Plus it would free up 4 or so nodes, which could be spent on the new DoT passives.

Turbo kole with three frenzy charges, never attempting that again D:
Really hoping the next patch addresses EA / burning damage in some ways.
I still think EA deals shitton of dmg when soloplaying. I know 2people that can easily solo lvl 70-74maps with EA, which seems like a very good build (they are both on hardcore leagues).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info