Explosive Arrow

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Degen IS damage because it decreases your life/ES and can kill you.

Caustic Flasks reduce your Life instantly, but do not trigger Cast when Damage Taken, because they inflict Life Loss. Life Loss is not Damage, even though it can and will kill your ass. Similarly, Damage over Time is not Damage. Deal with it.
With upgrades going to be made for degen (increased damage will affect degen too), it seems Explosive Arrow could turn into OP. Imagine - you have a bulk of increased fire and projectile damage, and all that damage will affect burn damage as well (since burn is literally fire damage over time), applying twice.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Yes, it works. EE is pretty mandatory for EA, if you dont plan to use LMP/GMP.

I use LMP + elemental equilibrium... ;P If you do some theorycrafting on it, you'll start to understand why it's actually very powerful still.
@Moylin (Beyond)
"
Avelice wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Yes, it works. EE is pretty mandatory for EA, if you dont plan to use LMP/GMP.

I use LMP + elemental equilibrium... ;P If you do some theorycrafting on it, you'll start to understand why it's actually very powerful still.

I know that it very powerful skill. That's why i think that with chnges to degen damage, it will turn into OP
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 29, 2013, 2:24:28 AM
I said "still" not "skill," as in LMP is very powerful still, even when combining it with Elemental equilibrium. In fact, I would even say that LMP is the best AOE clear for explosive arrow even with elemental equilibrium, contrary to what many believe.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Nov 29, 2013, 2:32:50 AM
"
Avelice wrote:
I said "still" not "skill," as in LMP is very powerful still, even when combining it with Elemental equilibrium. In fact, I would even say that LMP is the best AOE clear for explosive arrow even with elemental equilibrium, contrary to what many believe.

Well, if you dont plan to proliferate burns, then, yes, probably. Also works nice with concentrated effect. But why do you want EE for that? EE means that if mob is hit by 2 (or all 3) explosions, then damage output will be pretty lowered. Also, EE positive bonus affects only mobs hit directly by EA projectile, while negative effect will be apllied to all mobs, clustered together.
The best way to benefit from EE is to proliferate burn from EA, since it will be proliferated from primary target and no DMG loss because of LMP. If you use LMP and no proliferation, then benefits of EE will be pretty questionable, at least.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 29, 2013, 7:24:16 AM
After new patch "increased projectile damage" can increase burn dmg? for explosive arrow and burning arrow skills?
IGN SkaPyro
IGN SkaThief
Super they nerfed Burn Damage to 20% and forget the Builds that dont have alot of increase fire damage from Passive Nodes or Gear. Explosive Arrow and Burning Arrow got nerfed huge :/
IGN: kReiZy
so projectile damage nodes can up burn dmg?
IGN SkaPyro
IGN SkaThief
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Well, if you dont plan to proliferate burns, then, yes, probably. Also works nice with concentrated effect. But why do you want EE for that? EE means that if mob is hit by 2 (or all 3) explosions, then damage output will be pretty lowered. Also, EE positive bonus affects only mobs hit directly by EA projectile, while negative effect will be apllied to all mobs, clustered together.
The best way to benefit from EE is to proliferate burn from EA, since it will be proliferated from primary target and no DMG loss because of LMP. If you use LMP and no proliferation, then benefits of EE will be pretty questionable, at least.

The thing is, for any groups you want to aoe clear, IE trash mobs, explosive arrow does such insane damage you can just kill them without ever even caring about burn damage. As such, LMP gives you a greater spread, and actually is damage boost if you can hit a target with two or three arrows. This is true even if the subsequent arrows are penalized by elemental equilibrium.

Proliferating burn damage for your AOE clear is simply a waste since you do enough explosion damage most of the time to clear very easily. But, for those times when you don't, it's worth noting LMP gives you extra ignite chances as well if you can hit a mob with multiple explosions.

That said, Elemental Equilibrium is insane to boost your single target damage, and since your AOE clear on EA is insane, picking up the node to improve your single target is very wise. Even if you use LMP, it's still going to be be providing a boost to the first of the explosions, thus making it better than it appears at first glance.

I'm very interested in knowing how burns created by projectiles are treated for damage now. Does +% increased projectile damage improve those burns? Does LMP give less burn damage? Does concentrated effect improve the damage?
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Nov 29, 2013, 6:06:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info