Explosive Arrow

Damage-over-Time effects do not 'Hit', and only hits are reflected. Righteous Fire and Burning damage do not reflect either.
Hi, from what some people told me I was under the impression that the Explosion from Explosive Arrow was considered Area Damage.

I just acquired a Concentrated Effect gem and linked it to Explosive Arrow, but the damage didn't change.

Is this working as intended or should it be increased by Area damage increases?

I was also going to take the Blast Radius big node which increases area damage, assuming that would increase the damage for the Explosions.

Would love some clarification.

Thanks a ton! I know you guys must be super busy!

"When the target dies or the fuses expire, the charges explode, dealing fire AoE damage to nearby enemies."

That's the exact description in the skill, so I feel like it SHOULD be effected by Area Effect increases, right?

Edit: I just put a point into the Blast Radius passive which increases Area Damage, but the explosion damage did not change.

I really wish it would, or should.... seems like most people think explosive arrow is a waste of time. These things would make it more viable.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Jan 26, 2013, 2:42:03 AM
It's just a limitation of the current display.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Hmm ok, so it really should be increasing, it's just not displaying properly right now?

It's hard to tell when testing it.

I'm trying to test it with concentrated effect and without... it does seem to be doing more dmg with it. Not sure though.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Jan 26, 2013, 4:26:50 AM
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Hmm ok, so it really should be increasing, it's just not displaying properly right now?

It's hard to tell when testing it.

I'm trying to test it with concentrated effect and without... it does seem to be doing more dmg with it. Not sure though.

You will notice that not even equipment or passives will increases the tooltip charge damage. I'm guessing you noticed conc effect in paticular because at least projectile damage increases show a dps increase in the form of increasing the weapon damage of the initial hit.
I just read through several pages of the thread and I see that a lot of my questions have been answered already.

Edit: Are there plans to get the explosives showing their damage correctlY?
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Jan 26, 2013, 8:11:53 PM
After going through the whole 18 pages I still am not 100% sure: does Iron Grip affect the damage of the explosion?
IGN: infested
Iron Grip applies Strength's Physical damage bonus to Projectile Attacks. The explosion is Projectile non-Weapon non-Spell Fire damage. Won't do much of anything.
The final damage of the explosion cannot be shown on EA because it isn't known until it happens, because the charges add to the base damage the skill can't say how many charges you'll put in one thing.
What it does show is the base damage per charge, which is labelled as such. All relevant increases (including to area damage) will apply to that base value when it's calculated.
Does the % added fire damage from a quality added fire damage gem add to the explosion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info