Explosive Arrow

How does it interact with Point Blank?

I would assume the explosions would be affected by the damage modifier, as they are treated as projectile damage. But, when is the calculation done? Is it done when they explode, or when the arrows are shot? Also, if it's done when they're shot, which shot (assuming I'm using multiple fuses) would be used for the calculation?
Point Blank effects Projectile Attacks. The explosion is not an Attack; it doesn't deal weapon-damage.
I notice the skill describes the fuse charges as buff.. eg 1 sec buff.
Question is does buff/debuff keystone passive affect the charges timing.
Last edited by Aguru on Jan 6, 2013, 8:50:37 AM
i wanna shoot the arrows on the ground and see them explode, but i can't, please make it so if u aim on the ground the arrow gets stuck there, rather than flying off the screen.

i also trying shooting it on a frost wall, the arrow gets stuck but it doesn't explode!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
The question was if those keystones apply to the fire damage because the increase is never shown.
Which it can't be because the base value to be increased is not defined in the skill. The skill shows how much base damage the explosion has for each charge, it can't show the total with the increases because that number of charges is an unknown quanitity.
"
Hilbert wrote:
"x% more Projectile Damage"
This does apply to the explosion. The explosion is non-spell, non-weapon projectile fire damage.

Ok, so if i understand this correct then you can add a "Faster Projectile" Support gem to the skill and you increase both the initial attack damage AND the explosion damage????
Im thinking about building an explosive arrow shadow and now i want to increase the explosion damage.
Do the passives that give you "Increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Bows" affect the damage of an explosion that critically hits? Or is it only limited to nodes that just give plain "Increased Critical Strike Multiplier"?
Does explosion benefits from Increase Chaos/Cold/Lightning Damage support Gems?

Main attack does, but what about explosion damage?
It is known that Elemental Equilibrium with additional lightning and/or cold damage will temporarily reduce the enemy's fire resistance, thereby acting as a pseudo "more" damage modifier, but...

"
Elemental Equilibrium
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to that Element and -25% Resistance to other Elements.

... does the resultant explosion "hit" the enemy? Will it in turn provide +25% fire resistance per explosion, or do only the initial projectile "hits" proc the resistance changes?

I'm wondering if this keystone is still viable with the build, given how many explosions can stack on an enemy now, especially from fuses stuck in terrain as they don't explode all at once, but each one individually.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
The explosion also triggers EE, yes. It's really not that impressive with EA.
I've been playing a witch EA build and I gotta say the ability is pretty amazing, I'm a bit surprised it's not played more. Because of the stupidly high mana cost I had to go EB and thus stack a lot of life nodes for survivability however EA is almost self sufficient in terms of damage it does with the right supports.

I only grabbed the 2 big fire damage nodes(that's only 5points total) and the aoe node in witch and templar area and so far in Ruthless, a 5stack EA with Flammability generally 1 or 2 shots rares(unless fire resistant) as well as everything in range of the explosion, which with 5 charges is decent even with Concentrated effect. It does take me like 60mana per shot(and that's at lvl 45 ish) so it's very mana intensive but it gets the job done very well and for trash I just poison arrow(with LMP) then one explosive and most mobs die just from that.

The trick to this build is mostly using Quill Rain as your bow as you otherwise don't get anything attackspeed related and stacking 5 charges would be insanely slow, but with Quill Rain, it stacks super fast(and faster projectiles so it pretty much never misses) and the low lvl/lack of dmg is irrelevant for the explosion part anyway plus Quill Rain has a low dex req for Witch.

I've been very pleased with the results and might make a char like that for OB, definitely not the first one though as it requires a ton of skill gems that the witch doesn't get(explosive, poison, lmp, proliferation) as well as Quill Rain, but it's a nice fun build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info