Enduring Cry

"
Meczor wrote:
The new unique has chance to grant endurance charge on block which is really cool. But since enduring cry is so ridiculously strong (o.1 sec to cast and no down side) the stat is pretty much worthless.

Except, Enduring Cry takes 1.0 seconds to cast, not 0.1. You need a bunch of Cast Speed increases to get EC down to something more managable.

The EC gain on Block can help keeping them up mid-battle, and I think that's the "main" purpose. It's going to be really slow in building them from scratch, but it will refresh the duration every so often if you have good Block.

EDIT: Wait yeah, it's 0.5 seconds. My bad.
Still five times longer than 0.1 second though, so there's that.
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 23, 2013, 11:09:11 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Meczor wrote:
The new unique has chance to grant endurance charge on block which is really cool. But since enduring cry is so ridiculously strong (o.1 sec to cast and no down side) the stat is pretty much worthless.

Except, Enduring Cry takes 1.0 seconds to cast, not 0.1. You need a bunch of Cast Speed increases to get EC down to something more managable.

The EC gain on Block can help keeping them up mid-battle, and I think that's the "main" purpose. It's going to be really slow in building them from scratch, but it will refresh the duration every so often if you have good Block.

The cast time is 0.5 seconds. Faster with faster casting obviously.
Boulder bros
Endurance Charges are awesome. They require micromanagement but they add a ton of survivability.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
This skill was awful when I used it back in 2011, and it's still awful :(

Constantly looking at your buff bar is just not good gameplay. This skill alone makes me not want to play melee, because you have two choices: don't use EC and get destroyed, or use EC and play in misery.

The idea of building charges during a fight and letting them expire between packs just doesn't work with how long fights last in this game. If you can't keep charges up between packs, they aren't worth using. Which leads to the aforementioned terrible gameplay of rushing between packs watching your buff timers.

Anyways I feel like ECs and this skill need a serious rework to make it fit better with how the game actually plays.

EDIT: Read through the thread, and it's basically 17 pages of people saying the same thing as I just said. Please put this on the list for skill rebalances Mark! :)
Last edited by aimlessgun on Jun 1, 2013, 2:49:06 AM
Mark just said on the previous page that there may be a hidden mass of people who actually like mindlessly clicking every 10 seconds and I'm guessing no changes are happening :)
Does this kill even taunt? It's in the description though.

Whenever I or another player uses it, it doesnt seem to taunt ever.
IGN TDA
"
TDA wrote:

the taunt is a reset of the monsters ai to "consider" you. if other things are a) dealing damage and b) closer, then those other things will get better "attention" of the monsters. it has no duration.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
TDA wrote:

the taunt is a reset of the monsters ai to "consider" you. if other things are a) dealing damage and b) closer, then those other things will get better "attention" of the monsters. it has no duration.

What is the point of using the word "consider"

Do you know what the definition of Taunt is?

Also they apparently actually fixed it so it taunts now.

http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/416135002?t=418m25s

Please be wrong more :)
IGN TDA
"
TDA wrote:
What is the point of using the word "consider"

Do you know what the definition of Taunt is?

Also they apparently actually fixed it so it taunts now.

http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/416135002?t=418m25s

that is how it worked in the past too... the mobs take notice of the person that used enduring cry and then go towards them.
none of the patch notes within a few months, that i could find/remember, mention enduring cry.
"
TDA wrote:

Except, he's not. At any point.

The stream you linked shows that casting Enduring Cry makes monsters consider you their primary target. The streamer subsequently gets his shit pushed in, because every monster thought he'd make a good target.

That is not incongruous with Soul's explanation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info