[2.2] [Video] The Iron Reave - 100k DPS Crit Duel Wield Block Iron Reflex Reaver

I too don't think death's hand is worth the cost. Spending 20ex on a spectacular rapier would be a better investment.

There are a lot of good choices for the offhand, the Catalyst is one of the best, especially if you use physical to lightning.

I've been testing the southpaw build with a soul taker in the offhand, and a HoT-coh-am set up and it's quite effective.

My point is that the deaths hand is a decent offhand but you can find better bang for your buck
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:

I've been testing the southpaw build with a soul taker in the offhand, and a HoT-coh-am set up and it's quite effective.

forgot to ask my question regarding this topic. ive been trying out this setup and for me , i dont know why but it seems like the power charges gained from it isnt exactly effective for me? i only have 3 charges about half the time during a map. i have a cwdt-enfeeble setup for emergency situations and that curse may overlap but i dont think thats exactly the cause. my second guess is that the aoe from the explosion is a bit too small? so im curious how others are making it effective. in some maps there are times where i kill mobs as they walk towards me, so there would be a small distance between them as they group up towards me and the aoe of the herald of ice blast is just so small that it doesnt seem to hit anyone and therefore wont proc assassins mark.

ive also compared the dps of having 3 power charges+3 frenzy charges vs herald of ash+3 frenzy charges and i noticed that the 3 power charges beats herald of ash just slightly so im having trouble picking which would be better (might be cuz my weapon crit isnt that high atm which i intend to improve shortly)
(no crit chance mod on this one)
Last edited by zantsurai on Jul 30, 2015, 10:44:43 PM
Thanks alot for posting the build, looks like fun but i'm having trouble sustaining mana early on in the build. How should I remedy this? Do you rush the mana leech nodes?
"
PhillyB wrote:
Thanks alot for posting the build, looks like fun but i'm having trouble sustaining mana early on in the build. How should I remedy this? Do you rush the mana leech nodes?

I rushed IR and Mana Leech nodes to the bottom right. U can also buy Elreon rings which gives minus mana cost of skills
Would u mind posting a leveling tree? For each 30nodes or so. Would've been awesome! Will continue to level from 31 upwards today and get into merciless after work in about 4hrs.

If u could have it done by then I'd definitely be happy :)

Will also be giving feedback and help to others if I can :)
@ Death´s Hand

It gives you unholy might and enables the use of Herald of Ash, as you don´t need HoI+CoH+Ass Mark.

But yeah, prices in standard for it are really high at the moment, in warbands its 4-6ex.

In standard i think i would just use another offhand.

You can also try to use a slower sword with high base damage and get a offhand with high attack speed and crit mutli on it, as Dualwield averages the attack speed of both weapons even if you can´t use one with reave.
(if you want to know more about that part check out this video https://youtu.be/78Yu_-etjzo)

I would not use Phys to Lightning Gem though, it me be higher tooltip, but you can´t leech mana and life from the lightning damage and monster resists to elemental damage is a lot higher than physical resit.

It could be worth it if you use it to shock, enabling Harald of Thunder use for curse on hit.

@ManaProblems

You can use elreon Jewlery, rush the Spirit Void Cluster or get the Revelery Cluster first and spec out of it later.

@Powercharges:

I got my 4th powercharge from Alira in Merciless

For me the Curse on hit HoI was working ok, its for sure not as consistent as a Powercharge on Crit or Death´s Hand effect but works ok enough.

@Leveling Trees

Will do them now and add them to the opening post.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Just noticed in your skill/link section it says

"Cast when Damage taken Lvl 11 - increased Duration - Molten Shell lvl16 - Immortal Call lvl14"

cwdt lvl 11 = cast lvl 58 skills. imm. call lvl 14 = req lvl 60

so it either needs to be cwdt 12 / imm call 14

or cwdt 11 / imm call 13

molten shell 16 is 58 btw so I'm gooing to guess it just should have been imm call 13.

Also, I picked up a Daresso's Defiance chest, which pretty much handles all my endurance charge needs and I'm now trying out abbysal cry instead of enduring cry, and swapped the cwdt warlords mark with a cwdt enfeeble and I'm trying that out now. Seems like it has some potential too.

Anyways, still absofuckinglutely loving this build and highly recommend anyone considering it to jump in and do it, it's fantastic fun.

Up to 66 as of this post.
Incredibly fun build, Elreon jewelry has really made it shine so far but it's hard to give it up, having a free cast Whirling blades with high attack speed is crazy fast.
"
Dreschau wrote:
Just noticed in your skill/link section it says

"Cast when Damage taken Lvl 11 - increased Duration - Molten Shell lvl16 - Immortal Call lvl14"

cwdt lvl 11 = cast lvl 58 skills. imm. call lvl 14 = req lvl 60

so it either needs to be cwdt 12 / imm call 14

or cwdt 11 / imm call 13

molten shell 16 is 58 btw so I'm gooing to guess it just should have been imm call 13.

Its 12-14-16

Fixed it in the skill description, you can see my link in the My Gear Sektion.

Its a Cwdt for lvl 60, lvl 60 Immortal Call and lvl 58 Molten shell because next level molten shell would need 62.

But i should probably level it higher, just need to try that one.

"
Dreschau wrote:

Anyways, still absofuckinglutely loving this build and highly recommend anyone considering it to jump in and do it, it's fantastic fun.

Happy to hear that! :)

@Elreon Jewlery:
Just link the WB to Blood Magic, its like casting it for free ;)
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
100k deeps - with all the possible procs+flask+etc on...

gems are 18-19 that sorta indicates you havent even seen a high map so far.

Other than that - its nice to see dual wield specs tested out.

best
cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info