[2.2] [Video] The Iron Reave - 100k DPS Crit Duel Wield Block Iron Reflex Reaver

"
iDecibel wrote:
Hey man!

Well, since u posted this to me on reddit and got me interested in this build I might aswell give some feedback on the first 30levels I did yesterday.
All I can say is, so far so good. And I know it can only get better from here.

Started out with all the gems for this build from level 1 thanks to my other character, plus some I wanted when killing Dominus all the time. Equipped 2x Redbeak's and used Dual Strike/Molten Strike all the way. At level 8 I linked Molten with Added Cold since it dropped. Changed one Redbeak for Wildslash at level 12. And the other for Auromvorax at level 17. Linked Faster Attacks to Molten when I could just cuz I had a 3-link. At level 20 I played with Auromvorax + Lavianga's Wisdom, haven't changed since. Also had a Meginord's Girdle right from level 1 which boosted my damage a lot!

All in all, I managed to get to act 4 in 2.5h, which for me is quite good since i'm just a casual player due to work and gf.

Looking forward to the buildvideo, leveling guide and skill tree leveling. Thanks for the build :)

Thanks for the feedback so far! :)

I will include Meginords Girdel in the leveling sektion, it indeed does help alot, even at high levels it is still great, only need to replace it if you get a really good rustic sash.

And indeed there are a lot of nice leveling weapons for this build, Wildslash, Laviangas, Relentless Fury, The Princess, Ungils Gauche... i guess everyone found lots of those weapons if they allready had one character leveled.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jul 30, 2015, 1:49:27 AM
"
"
iDecibel wrote:
Hey man!

Well, since u posted this to me on reddit and got me interested in this build I might aswell give some feedback on the first 30levels I did yesterday.
All I can say is, so far so good. And I know it can only get better from here.

Started out with all the gems for this build from level 1 thanks to my other character, plus some I wanted when killing Dominus all the time. Equipped 2x Redbeak's and used Dual Strike/Molten Strike all the way. At level 8 I linked Molten with Added Cold since it dropped. Changed one Redbeak for Wildslash at level 12. And the other for Auromvorax at level 17. Linked Faster Attacks to Molten when I could just cuz I had a 3-link. At level 20 I played with Auromvorax + Lavianga's Wisdom, haven't changed since. Also had a Meginord's Girdle right from level 1 which boosted my damage a lot!

All in all, I managed to get to act 4 in 2.5h, which for me is quite good since i'm just a casual player due to work and gf.

Looking forward to the buildvideo, leveling guide and skill tree leveling. Thanks for the build :)

Thanks for the feedback so far! :)

I will include Meginords Girdel in the leveling sektion, it indeed does help alot, even at high levels it is still great, only need to replace it if you get a really good rustic sash.

And indeed there are a lot of nice leveling weapons for this build, Wildslash, Laviangas, Relentless Fury, The Princess, Ungils Gauche... i guess everyone found lots of those weapons if they allready had one character leveled.

Yeah exactly, I just took what I had lol. Would also be nice if u included what bandits u did. And one last thing, when will the videos be up u think? :)
Thanks for this! I saw ZiggyD's southpaw vid the other day and it looked so amazing I had to try one. Got to level 52 without much issue but starting in act 4 cruel started having some problems with random one shots on harsher packs. Would literally be full hp-dead with no chance to do anything about it.

ZweihundertMorder is exactly right, evasion is like russian roulette, and it started to annoy me. I saw this variation and since I was still fairly early in my tree used some respec points to move out of acro/phase acro and into iron reflexes and it's a night and day difference.

I still take damage, it's far from a god mode, but now instead of going from full to dead randomly it's an easier to deal with amount of damage taken. Get hit, lose some HP, use a flask, keep going. Instead of dodge/dodge/dodge/dead.

So it's still the same fast paced zippy ninja twirl reave killing field goodness I liked about the initial build, but now instead of feeling like I'm wearing paper machete, I'm at least in cardboard armor.

My planned tree, not really anything different other than I started as ranger not duelist.

Passive skill tree build
Last edited by Dreschau on Jul 30, 2015, 9:48:40 AM
"
Dreschau wrote:

but now instead of feeling like I'm wearing paper machete, I'm at least in cardboard armor.

Try to get a bit higher Armour + Evasion (or one of them) on your chest.

Once you get around 5k AR on your charscreen it will start to feel like sturdy cardboard, add in the Granite of Ironskin and you even get close to thin Metal Armour ;)

"
Dreschau wrote:

My planned tree, not really anything different other than I started as ranger not duelist.
Passive skill tree build

Did one little change in your tree, everything the same, but 1 point saved ;)
Skilltree

(Just switched the 2x 4% attack speed at Aspect of the Panther for the 8% attack speed ranger starting node)
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
I didn't think dodge chars could be "tanky" either. I did a claw and shield char with 88 percent mitigation. With enough dodge, evasion and block, i got to the point where almost nothing touched me, when it did touch me, i had immortal call.

But honestly, POE has always been a game where standing and taking damage/giving it back is vastly inferior to simply avoiding the damage to begin with with high movement speed or movement skills. You can typically "play" more conservatively than you can build a char to be tanky in the game. It's a bit of a misnomer.

"
"
The true DPS mode would be to use regular reave with conc effect for ~ 100K dps, then switch to vaal reave for packs.

Uhm i guess i should post Screen Shots.. but i have a little bit over 100k DPS without Conc on my Reave...

Have to check how much it is without the Deathhand, but it should be a little over 80k with the other weapons.

And the others are cheaper than a second good 1hander for sure.

And yeah you can do Dodge, but honestly i don´t think its anywhere close to beeing that tanky.

I get Block, Armour and can have a Immortal Call like i would have with a Daressos Defiance.

"
iDecibel wrote:

Yeah exactly, I just took what I had lol. Would also be nice if u included what bandits u did. And one last thing, when will the videos be up u think? :)

Bandits are in now!

Its Oak, Oak and then Alira or Kraityn (i took Alira but Frenzy is also ok)

Did the recording, about to edit the Video, will upload tonight/tomorrow!

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
"
Dreschau wrote:

but now instead of feeling like I'm wearing paper machete, I'm at least in cardboard armor.

Try to get a bit higher Armour + Evasion (or one of them) on your chest.

Once you get around 5k AR on your charscreen it will start to feel like sturdy cardboard, add in the Granite of Ironskin and you even get close to thin Metal Armour ;)

"
Dreschau wrote:

Passive skill tree build

Did one little change in your tree, everything the same, but 1 point saved ;)
Skilltree

(Just switched the 2x 4% attack speed at Aspect of the Panther for the 8% attack speed ranger starting node)

Nice catch. Just a nitpick though, it's technically the same amount of points, but your way I get 8% ias + 10 dex, my way was just the 8% ias. Still better your way though. In regards to the chest, yeah, it's on the list. I just happened to have that one laying around and it was beast at the level I could put it on.
Last edited by Dreschau on Jul 30, 2015, 1:43:28 PM
"
"
iDecibel wrote:

Bandits are in now!

Its Oak, Oak and then Alira or Kraityn (i took Alira but Frenzy is also ok)

Did the recording, about to edit the Video, will upload tonight/tomorrow!

Awesome can't wait!
Video is up, linked under the Video section will later upload to plays.tv for embedding.

Hope you like it!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
in regards to deaths hand, i didnt notice this earlier but the crit chance is only for the item itself, meaning its useless (not global) so the 20ex or so that it costs is pretty much for the unholy might and the 30% chance to get power charge on stun. now what i want to know is, do you personally think its worth it over doryani? doryanis is ~3ex so is the difference in strength big enough to warrent the cost of deaths hand?

also, how do you get your 4th power charge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info