[2.2] [Video] The Iron Reave - 100k DPS Crit Duel Wield Block Iron Reflex Reaver

"
teasky wrote:
Hey im new to poe and why do you limit blood rage to lvl 7 and ice golem to lvl 3 only? thanks.

These gems are tied to the "cast when damage taken" support gem. The support gem is kept at level 1 so that it triggers often with the lowest "damage taken' threshold. That means it can only support gems that require a max level of 38(?) to use. ie Blood rage level 7 takes a level 38 character to use. If you increased the level of the gem to level 8 then your character level requirement would be higher than the level that can be supported by the CWDT gem. Hence the limits to gem level.

clear as mud.....

On another note are people still using this build and are they trying it for the essence league? I have a mid level character that needs some better gear in standard league from 8 months ago. Up to that point this build had been fantastic! Looking to revive it at sometime.

Last edited by BodgieSmugla on Sep 5, 2016, 12:13:37 AM
Thanks for answering the question BodgieSmugla i almost forgot about this Guide until i got amessage ingame from someone doing the build, i will check this thread daily now for questions and maybe respec a char to it in STD to make some new Videos and stuff.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
Thanks for answering the question BodgieSmugla i almost forgot about this Guide until i got amessage ingame from someone doing the build, i will check this thread daily now for questions and maybe respec a char to it in STD to make some new Videos and stuff.

Good to hear, when it's updated for 2.4 please leave a comment in the Buildlist. At that point I'll add it to the list. :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"

Have you done anything further on this? I'm currently using the guide as a basis for a Raider reaver, the only real tweak I've done to the tree is substituting some of the leech nodes in the duelist area instead of essence sap. Feels like, with enough damage, you only need the .4% mana leech to sustain.

Also, I'm torn between Raider and Pathfinder...I think Pathfinder could get a lot closer to the block cap with permanent (probably?) Rumi's Concoction. Raider is more dodge-focused, which I've complemented it with a Quartz flask. Probably need to reroll it to surgeon's mod, though, so I can have it up most of the time. When I do have the dodge/spell dodge buff it feels pretty safe.

I doubt my character could get much higher than mid-tier maps survivability-wise, so I'm definitely considering making a duelist (gladiator) or another ranger (pathfinder).

Also perhaps worthy of note is that Scaeva's been a pretty good budget weapon for me - good PDPS and extra crit chance in the main hand. Attack speed may be a little slow.

edit - Actually, giving it some more thought, with Raider it's probably better to drop iron reflexes and just go with acrobatics/phase acrobatics. I switched over, dropped the nodes that were mainly dual-wield block chance for more damage, and the character feels even better. I've also got enfeeble on CWDT rather than warlord's mark. Seems better for a character that's not taking as many hits.

Surgeon's stibnite flask with anti-bleed is awesome, and I'm thinking of dropping my quicksilver flask for Atziri's Promise after I reroll the quartz flask to surgeon's mod with increased movement speed. Curse and freeze removal on two life flasks should round things out. Another option might be a surgeon's silver flask for onslaught against bosses, instead of the quartz flask (less dodge and spell dodge, more reliable onslaught and damage).

Either way, I'm guessing gladiator with the high block and spell block is pretty comparable and has its own strengths (+Iron Reflexes for armor mitigation). Any thoughts?
Last edited by Derahn on Sep 21, 2016, 4:20:18 PM
I am confused why this is in Duelist yet the Ascendancy points in the guide is referring to Ranger / Shadow or IDK what. Someone explain? I just did 1st lab and all I get to choose is Champion, Gladiator and Slayer for duelist ascendancy. Guide writer should try to make things more clear/organized (just constructive feedback). =) I ended up going with Gladiator. Just not sure where to put the points in exactly.
Last edited by ProjectAce on Oct 26, 2016, 12:54:52 PM
Hi there,

I'm currently lvl 87 and I confirm still works fine still on 2.6. here is my stuff and tree.

Ascendency : versatile Combatant, Violent retaliation, outmatch and outlast (I put my sword off hand)

Tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAAGAF4DhwSxBS0FtQYgBosGoglYCiYMcw2NDkMR1RR1FewV9ha_F9wY2xutIOMhYCLqI_YknST9JpUppS5TMHwxsDIBNj1DMUSeR35JD0p9TZJRR1O7VUtW-leXWhpbr16LX9pgQWHiYlpieWKsY3BlTWyMbWxwUnSgdO108XX9d9d673sUfXWDvYRvhNmHdonTivCMNo19jb-S95VmnaqjirGzshm1SLkdvTa-p7_VwUnBi8MzyNzKkMv1zV_PetNv037T_NRC1FLXLdhg2sHbp93n51TndOjW6UbuDvgC_h3-uv_e?accountName=Serr%C3%A3&characterName=KC_Archenemy
(going to take brutal blade)

Gear :

I also run a single jewel with fire resist, life and armor.

Frankly, without the lightning coil I think you will die more often than you would like. I tried and I was not satisfied. getting your resistances is going to be hard tough, I'm not overcapped enough so elem weakness is a sort of a problem.

On the same pespective, I really like Vall grace, the defense boost is simply insane.On a hard boss, I cast vall grace first. When it ends, taste + Rumi. When it ends, taste + rumi. This gives you a 20s safety to damage. YOu can then pema use your regular granite.
IGN : KC_Serra (among other chars)
Last edited by Serrã on May 16, 2017, 6:54:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info