[Outdated] Zivko's CI Chaos Incinerate build - 200k dps / 10 000 ES

Whatever you do, first make sure that the number of sockets and the required colours are fixed on the armour *before* you try to Vaal orb it.

As you know, it can't be changed once you hit it with the orb. Also, be prepared to junk the armour if the orbing doesn't work.

I went through a few armours trying for the plus 1 to gems thing.

ok maybe i dont get it...but i took the following 4 skills

3 times life and energy shield
melding

so i got

3% max life+3% max life+3%max life + 6%maxlife =15%max life
5% mas es+5%mas es+5%mas es+10%mas es= 25% mas es

and used the energy from within jewel to get

8+8+8+16=+40%max es

is that a good idea or wasted points?

*edit fyi i want to be a bit more tanky^^
Last edited by topperharly on Dec 6, 2015, 4:10:47 PM
incinerate going to be nerfed, that sucks, I really don't understand, there are so many builds out there that is incredibly more strong than an incinerate build like COC but they instead nerf one of the few spells that still did some decent damage

The incinerate skill may not be too badly hit by GGG, we will have to wait and see. Also, I believe that it won't be the only skill that they are thinking of hitting with the nerf stick.

Whatever happens, the theory crafter's and players will come up with new powerful builds that we can use in the new update.

It's a shame though, as I really enjoy playing my CI Incinerator...

nerfed. lol
"
willianvon wrote:
can any1 explain me the proccess how to use vaal orbs on infernal mantle and 5l~6l it?
do I need first make it 5~6L and THEN use vaal orb to try to get +1 lvl gem ? because after you corrupt the item as I know you can't add sockets or link it, unless you use the master for it but you would need like 500 vaal orbs for that..

I corrupted my mantle before linking it because average cost of doing so is multiple times lower then corrupting 5-linked mantles. Same goes for 6L, its cheaper to buy +1 mantle and then use vorici to 5L or 6L it, even thou cost of vaal orbs is insanely high.

PRE-PATCH UPDATE

With the new skill tree being published and incinerate nerf announced, build will most certainly do less damage, but new skill tree makes me confident that build will still be fine as it offers roughly 120% increased chaos/spell/elemental/fire damage and ~10% increased cast speed, compared to previous skill tree, while only losing a bit of energy shield (10-15%).

I'm sure build will still have 9000+ES and be able to do at least 60K damage (if incinerate takes huge nerf). If incinerate is nerfed only 20%, then build will probably be doing 80-85k dps and will be more then fine.

I'll post new skill tree and update the guide after the patch goes life.
the poeskilltree has already been updated with the changes, are you already taking a look at it?
I wanted to thank the OP for posting the build. Turned into my most successful character ever.

Sad to see incinerate is taking a hit, but with the change to poison and our proximity to the new poison notable we could get a ton of damage out of our Consuming Dark (if they did not change it).

I am thinking of changing my build (at 93) to skip Coordination and the Shadow's beginning elemental nodes in favor of Void Barrier, Fatal Toxins, and the new Chaos nodes near CI.

Paste into PoE tree planner (or wait for website to update tree)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQ6QKPpkuuRKsbJVWu2VssnG0ZEFgRUCL0h2U1uWwLr7enK5MnMjS-ii-df8ZTNR8CoS_K0xbzwcVQQjbFtAwmPOwYWFqMNot62CTqukZxj_pwuyy_UilURwFvhW00Cg18gwnQ0FxA2RMV11Xgpr7i99WBN2axkF9qh8svb4aunsSESCTYLKYtqKebVmNd8vfXXGuQ1r6AdZ4rCqyYw23PFREvAx7xbHRV62MfQTbYXyq1SEkbbWwqjed07FXbGujWEHsi6gW1vjrDOgZwGYqbtSo4Tp-XBoTFen_Eot-YYlo=

This configuration gives up a little cast speed, but gains a significant amount of Chaos damage, gains a slight amount Energy shield and 8% resist, and a gigantic amount of poison damage. The poison damage effectively increases incinerate's dps 45% or more if our Chaos increases double dip on the poison effect.

The leech won't be as good, but our dps will actually be buffed as long as incinerate isn't nerfed by more than 30%.

We also have the option to experiment with a Wither casting spell totem to augment our dps further. Can't wait to try it out.
Last edited by Unburied_One on Dec 8, 2015, 6:56:28 AM
all i got to say is i hope incinerate makes it i really wanna do this build when they do the reset so if possible post a new skill tree set up i got 50 exalts waiting to make my lvl 90 witch go ci i cant find a courrupted +1 mantle so ima get a 6l and use faster casting hopefully that make up the dps please make new tree asap please thank you fro the awsome build iv been eye balling this builed sence i started poe about 2 months ago well started back but yea i hope this build makes it through.
willianvon
Yes, i took a look at the new skill tree, i've already have a couple of variants i plan on trying. Increases in damage and cast speed are based on comparison between current skill tree and the one i have planned for after the patch.

eagor
50ex is more then enough, even on standard.
Dont worry about 5L +1 mantle, 6L is comparable in damage, only problem is it requires aditional link and is more mana hungry.
I would recommend reduced mana as a 6th link to get 0 mana cost and then dropping all mana regen nodes from the tree and replacing them with cast speed nodes.
Alternatively, if you want to compete with damage of 5L +1 mantle, you can use controlled destruction as a 6th link, i would pick it over faster casting because build already has high mana cost and i dont think upcoming mana increase will be high enough to support more cast speed.

Unburied_One
My current setup casts 13.3 times a sec. I expect Consuming dark to be changed and current version going legacy, or it's unique mod 'Your Chaos Damage Poisons Enemies' mechanic being changed to have a chance to apply poison. Right now it seems to me like every hit poisons enemies, but i could be wrong, its hard to tell with so many casts per sec.

I'm 99% sure poison damage will interact with chaos modifires same as ignite interacts with fire, meaning it will be based of the initial hit and only way to increase poison damage will be trough passives or items that have exact wording 'poison damage' or damage over time (leo mod, vulnerability curse, dot passives).
Here's how poison currently works - it deals 20% damage of hit as damage over 2 seconds. It basically increases base dps by 10% of highest damaging hit. It means it currently increases chaos incinerate dps by less then 1%. With new poison mechanic coming up in 2.1, i expect them to change how poison works, either by reducing the damage or some other way.
IF they dont change how poison damage is calculated and IF consuming dark applies poison on every hit, then damage added by poison after picking up Fatal Toxins cluster would be 22.5% of tooltip dps, and could be scaled further by vulnerability and DoT passives. It seems to me more likely it's going to be hard to get even 50% chance to poison with this build.

I'm very interested in new poison mechanic and Wither, but i do not see it as a core of the build as scaling poison would require skill tree route and gem&item setup that have lower initial hit damage as a result. That in turn would mean lower leech which is main and only defense of the build, as you noticed already.
I'm not very optimistic about that, but we'll see what changes have been made and how poison scales in the build so i'm not gonna discard it as an option before trying it.

Skill trees that seem most promising to me are these:
Variant 1
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQ6QKPpkuuRKsbJVWu2VssnG0ZEFgRUCL0h2U1uWwLr7enK5MnMjS-ii-df8ZTNR8CoS_K0xbzwcVQQjbFtAwmPOwYWFqMNot62CTqurJwRnGP-nC7LL9SKVRHc7MBb4VtNAoNfCpTgwnw1dDQXEDZExXXVeCmvvBr4vfVgTdmsZBJUZUuX2qHyy9vhq6exBXnhEgk2CymLagHHqebVmNd8lxrkNa-gHWeKwrDbc8VES8DHutjH0G1SG1sD6sWvySLwzqJ4BmKm7UqOOZYlwb7CYTFxKL22t-YGo9iWpMfSRM=

Variant 2 with Energy From Within jewel
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37DfioIQ6QKPpkuuRKsbJVWu2VssnG0ZEFgRUL2CIvSHZTW5bAunK5MnvoovnX_G74hTNaEvytMW88HF-TdQQrQMJjzsGFha18-MNuq6snBGcY_6cLssv1IpSbFUR3OzNAoNfGKVKlODCfDV0NBcQNkTFddV4Ka-8Gs3ZrGQSVFfaofLL2-Grp7EFecspi2op5tWY13yl5eQ1r6AdZ4rCkV8IcPPFREvAx75ZetjH0FX4bVIbWwPqxa_JItqjMM69W-J4BmKm7UqOMgU5liXBvsJhMWTH8Si9tpJE9-YGo9iWqLZsNg=

If you're playing on EU servers, i'd be interested to try out new poison mechanic with you once the patch goes live. I wont have time to play new league so i'll just load my standard ci incinerate witch, currently specked and geared for totem version of the build, and try the new skill tree that way. Send me a pm or comment here if you're interested in doing so and when you have time.

Anyone else interested in live build testing and tweaking is welcome to join me in game over the weekend, comment here if you're interested in that.
Last edited by ogrec on Dec 8, 2015, 8:47:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info