[Outdated] Zivko's CI Chaos Incinerate build - 200k dps / 10 000 ES

Hi guys,

im trying to follow this build and get this build working. My witch is level 83 and I feel like Ive hit a wall.

My Gear
Spoiler

My passive tree

My problem is that my only line of defence is instant life flask chugging on a 3,5k life pool, as I have no means to regenerate es during a fight. This brought me to 83 with only 14 deaths, but it wont be enough for higher level maps.

What would you do to progress further?
"
Vias_Myton wrote:
Hi guys,

im trying to follow this build and get this build working. My witch is level 83 and I feel like Ive hit a wall.

My Gear
Spoiler

My passive tree

My problem is that my only line of defence is instant life flask chugging on a 3,5k life pool, as I have no means to regenerate es during a fight. This brought me to 83 with only 14 deaths, but it wont be enough for higher level maps.

What would you do to progress further?

I don't mean for this to sound harsh but you aren't really following the build. This build is based off of 100% fire to chaos conversion, a high ES pool with CI, and Vaal Pact, none of which you have. It looks like you are playing a generic life based flame totem spec without dual totems. Your incinerate is in a 3L and should be in at least a 4L Infernal Mantle.

None of your gear is optimized for ES. If you can afford this build I would recommend reading the guide again and buying the required gear (get 4 links also, you're level 83 and most of your gear is unlinked and your main skill is in a 3L). Once you have the gear, spec out of the life nodes and into the other nodes that you're missing like ES and Vaal Pact.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
"
mustafa2812 wrote:

Once you have the gear, spec out of the life nodes and into the other nodes that you're missing like ES and Vaal Pact.

Exactly. I do not have any of the mentioned gear. Thats precicely why Ive hit a wall. I simply cannot afford the CI transition. I havent updated my gear since level 60, because no better gear than that dropped.

Im currently saving up for the consuming dark, which costs between 1-2 ex on warbands. Im at 50 chaos so far. The reason why I cannot link my gear is that I need those fusings for my "consuming dark fund."

Im pretty sure the way Im geared is what you would have around level 40-50, but well, Im not a good player.

I should probably say: "Im hoping to be able to aim at following this build one day" Not "Im following this build." Sorry for that confusion.
Last edited by Vias_Myton on Sep 8, 2015, 1:33:36 PM
@Vias_Myton
I understand you're saving for consuming dark, but in order to progress faster you need better gear. By not spending currency on better items, you have lower dps which means you clear maps slower, get less xp and less loot on per-hour basis.
While spending a few chaos orbs on gear upgrade might look like a hit, it pays off in long run.

I suggest you buy Geofri's Crest http://poe.trade/search/amiginanatakan or a 5L body armour http://poe.trade/search/hamiomebobatut. Both can be acquired for 2-3c and they'll help you out a lot. Make sure you click on currency icon (chaos orb) on firs item, then poe.trade will re-arrange the list and put items with lowest buyout on top.

"
Seems great :)

I just got a consuming dark drop and a +3 fire dagger drop in warbands so I thought I might do seomthing like this.

One question tho (maybe someone asked it before, so sry if I'm repeating):

Righteous fire?

I know it would normally turn itself off immetiatly you hit 1 life (always). However, since i would deal you no damage (converted into chaos, to which you have immunity), would you still be able to use it?

Righteous fire cannot be converted to any other damage, it will always deal _fire_ damage. And RF never did and does not work with CI.

Last edited by ogrec on Sep 8, 2015, 2:59:22 PM
Here's my take on the passive for this build; anything i should improve? It's basically the same idea, but with MoM thrown in and slightly more fire/elemental node. Alternatively one can ditch the whole snowforged cluster and go for either whisper of doom (for those that dont wish to use +1 curse gear/corrupt) or explosive impact cluster- or probably method to madness cluster since we're going full chaos here.

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAghDfsI-mRKtVriyc34rpAm0Zpys1uRFQwcVWY4auFdcsv-wYX2rQ0I_6rJjsVSqNSRs22PFsXyp0VSj6uJMc3OvufIMRLY8ahTLDbVxrhEj316cIDXxXySY8FvMvnZMnf8Yk2NWBhW3YJJDWLKam6zeDjDZQQlM1y70HY-aBFr8PqySLwzoqOEuuGyXZWx9BAx6HZRBYtDjlGfv1l5dFfC9v2RNwu-WOpLGdY13yES8rCrb3AW_i94t6HarhiEZxtAzqujbFHwIyNK-3KlOycGwLIvSio1F0GoGmmQ==

Also, should i max all the 3 casting stun nodes in witch central area if i plan not to use chayula?
Last edited by zuou0129 on Sep 10, 2015, 4:42:44 AM
MoM does not work with CI (as you're life never gets damaged) and even if it did, it would be terrible idea to run both MoM and Infernal Mantle.

You should follow the skill tree from the guide.
Confirmed that it doesnt work? Because even with CI, you still can take damage to life via other means than chaos damage so I assume it'll work. Also, I'm assuming that if your mana regen is high enough, you'll get back sufficient mp to escape infernal's effect in no time if you whirled away. The idea for MoM is to survive 1 or 2 big damage hits (esp. from bosses) so you can leech back/retreat.

Or does MoM, in non CI cases only kicks in when the damage is taken after ES is depleted?
Last edited by zuou0129 on Sep 10, 2015, 6:03:39 AM
If you take life damage as CI, you die since you only have 1 hit point. MoM does not proc if your ES gets damaged.

Edit: check wiki http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Over_Matter
Spoiler
Mind Over Matter is rendered useless in conjunction with the Chaos Inoculation keystone. Damage is applied to energy shield before life, and as a result there is no opportunity for any damage to be absorbed by mana.
Last edited by ogrec on Sep 10, 2015, 6:30:08 AM
I see. Fair enough. Then I'll take out MoM. How about Method to Madness cluster? Are those good for this build? Thinking of getting that rather than snowforged.
While skill tree you linked looks interesting from dps perspective (around 30% more spell/fire damage with only 6% loss in cast speed), rest of the stats like % energy shield, movement speed, aura nodes and strength took large enough hit to make it impossible for jewels to make up for the stats lost.

Considering how good the build performs, inefficiency on skill tree shouldn't be a problem if you decide to play with skill tree you linked, i'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Skill tree in the guide, however, is a min-maxed version of the skill tree, fully optimized for the build, down to a jewel slot. I would recommend following that skill tree if you want to get the most out of the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info