Currency Watch! - Chaos orbs to Exalted [ WB ] [ T ]

"
"
Grughal wrote:
This happens because most of you refuse to trade good gear in anything but exalts just because of blind faith in exalt holding value. Only thing that makes it hold value is that faith. Include the traders that take advantage of the situation and you get this outcome.

Set your buyouts in chaos, fusings and gcps and watch exalt come crashing down.

=/ Highly doubt it.

... that everyone changes their habits because I posted a suggestion? I don't doubt it, I know it won't happen!

Yeah, anyway I think we had 1 : 65 in Anarchy and that record is going to be broken for sure.
"
Grughal wrote:
This happens because most of you refuse to trade good gear in anything but exalts just because of blind faith in exalt holding value. Only thing that makes it hold value is that faith. Include the traders that take advantage of the situation and you get this outcome.

Your world must be a beautiful world.

But it won't work here.

But seriously, if GGG wants us to use them more, why don't we fucking have an exalted trade??? Like full unid uniques ilvl>75, i don't know!

I'd love to yolo exalt but i can't because... well, it's stil fucking 60 chaos.

Last edited by Rajaion on Aug 8, 2015, 5:42:38 AM
If you want a stable and working economy, just play standard. Temp leagues are bound to have significant fluctuations until the market settles at rates that reflect drop-rate and utility of the involved items/orbs. There is nothing bad about that.
"
Rajaion wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

Your world must be a beautiful world.

But it won't work here.

But seriously, if GGG wants us to use them more, why don't we fucking have an exalted trade??? Like full unid uniques ilvl>75, i don't know!

I'd love to yolo exalt but i can't because... well, it's stil fucking 60 chaos.

I love the idea of exalting too matey. It's too powerful an orb for it to be common though. I mean, the potential to create SICK items is huge. If temp leagues were 2-3 weeks long, then that would be a different story.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
60 c for an exalt? Lol.
And the funny thing is chaos isn't even depreciating in value. The alt/chrome to chaos ratio is still at least 15-20:1. I've seen some people ask for 1000 chromes for 1 exalt... completely stupid. And to think back in one-month league it was more like 300 chromes for an exalt...
"
melodia1 wrote:
60 c for an exalt? Lol.
And the funny thing is chaos isn't even depreciating in value. The alt/chrome to chaos ratio is still at least 15-20:1. I've seen some people ask for 1000 chromes for 1 exalt... completely stupid. And to think back in one-month league it was more like 300 chromes for an exalt...

They are depreciating. You see people spamming that, but its incredibly time consuming and hard to find people to even trade you for your chaos without overpaying for those orbs. You end up paying 14:1 or 15:1 for Alts unless you want to spend all day spamming and searching. Its hard to even get Alchs sometimes. I have a buddy who sometimes pays 13:1 alts or even 7:1 jewelers when he needs them becuase he doesnt like wasting all his playing time sitting in trade chat.

I know thats rediculous, but trying to get an actual normal deal for them takes a long time and a lot of spamming. Its very hard to get fuses, jewelers, and alts for Chaos unless you overpay in some fashion.

If you can actually convert your currency, you can get exalts a lot cheaper using fusings. Also, Its pretty stupid, but I noticed this trend the last time I played and I told my buddy to get pure exalts as soon as he could and trade up to get them. Even if you are trading 1/2c more for a trade chat exalt, its still worth it in the long run because no one cares about chaos and they are fairly easy to accrue nowadays.

Chaos hold very little value to people. Hopefully it changes, because I actually care less about getting the exalts and more about the trouble it is to even get fusings, jewelers, and alts. It used to be so easy to just convert into those and roll away, but its quite difficult without some serious spamming and time wasting.
"
Our economy is getting shittier by the min I swear like here's the raise of rates from what I've seen

25 | 1
30 | 1
37 | 1
45 | 1
50 | 1
55 | 1
58 | 1
60 | 1

Right now it seems to be 40-44 for one EX ~shakes head
Right now it seems to be 60-62 Chaos FUCKING HORRIBLE.

Chaos orbs are extremely easy to get , exalts are rare .

It makes sense that exalts went up in value. I even think that 60 chaos is still cheap and the price should go up again .
R.I.P 4.B.
people who are "not sure what the problem is": people want ex for their good items. the problem is, ex DON'T DROP. you can only buy them for chaos.

so the time you need for farming chaos goes up and up and up. I mean that is grade school math

btw, yesterday I didn't find a single amulet for the chaos recipe in at least 8-10 hours of playing
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
"
Faendris wrote:
There are sheep and there are wolves.

Sheep have a rather limited understanding of causality. If they notice something that they do not like, they bleat. They might also run. Or eat grass if it is available.

Wolves are hunters. They need to understand causality. They try to use their understanding of causality in order to feed. And they eat sheep.

In PoE you can choose whether you want to be a sheep or a wolve.

Where do herding dogs such as corgis fit into your analogy? Because I am definitely a corgi.

the guys who bark "OMG flippers so evil ggg should limit this and that!"
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
60 chaos now oh that's fucking great.

ROFL!

But it is standard that has the messed up economy, right?

Right guys?

Let this thread at least put the myth of a bad standard economy to rest.

Temp leagues have always had shit economies, unfortunately the majority of players remain uniformed of that fact.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info