• Facebreaker
  • Goldrim
  • Mightflay
  • Quill Rain
  • Stone of Lazhwar
  • The Blood Dance

Why make those rarer? they are all low level uniques, mostly used for leveling

Asphyxia isn't even used that much.

Brightbeak is basically only offhand or leapslam weapon.

Crest was nerfed and is also just a leveling unique with minor late game use.

Facebreaker is probably the most favorite unique of all players on average.

Goldrim is probably the most used leveling unique of them all but only really useful for leveling.

Mightflay was a decent way to have decent dps for any dagger build without getting incredibly lucky.

Quill Rain is used basically only for one build.

Stone of Lazhwar isn't even that strong anymore after block nerf and was usually just vaaled anyways.

Blood Dance is one of the coolest build defining uniques out there.

I don't understand this list.
"
Immundissime wrote:
I wonder who's gonna pay 15+ exalts for smthng like Carcass Jack|Ratpith Globe|CoD when u can buy mjolnir or shavronne for the same price?
Precisely, and the more broken builds that do insane damage and have insane survivability are the ones using those types of items, not the builds using carcass jack, ratpith, etc.

These changes make no sense lol, why would you make worse uniques, some of which are only used to help level, more rare with rarity on par with top tier items ? It just doesnt make sense any way i look at this.

Not to mention, more casual players will never have the currency for the lower tier uniques that just got their rarity boosted, which further cuts down build diversity because now youre going to have to go with a cookie cutter buget build just to play the game.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
People are having all kinds of trouble with act 4, and you are busy making drops harder to come by?
T^T
just realised there will be no more Lazhwar vaaling frenzies. No more "guess the facebreaker roll" minigame. Feels Bad, Man. RIP all the little fun things that died with the drop rate change.
That which does not kill us, makes a huge mistake.
Well, when people complained about non-unique chests not being viable, I don't think they meant nerfing everything to the ground.

Cloak of Defiance - change EB mechanic DONE
Lightning Coil - nerf the drop rate DONE
Belly of the Beast - nerf the drop rate DONE
Carcass JAck - nerf the drop rate DONE
Kaom's Heart - lol DONE

So let's use those juicy rare chests guys!

But seriously... i play Warbands this season only, I am mostly softcore player too so I can get away with running Tabula Rasa in 75 maps, but Tempest... even HvC is wandering with 5l Cloak of Flame. Will the drop rate of it be nerfed too? That is just not a good way of balancing the chests.
When it comes to prices it also got a little bit messy. Rat's Nest? Np, 5+ ex. Maligaro's Gloves? Ok, 4 ex. It really became much harder to complete a decent build for higher content.
On the other hand I might try to figure something out with Voltaxic and Thunderfists that are cheaper then ever.
Good or not, time will tell, but so far I don't like the rarity changes much at all.
Last edited by mr00wek on Jul 23, 2015, 4:20:59 AM
Well, this just further reinforces the fact that I'll probably never seen any of these uniques nor make any interesting builds with them unless I farm currency for ages to trade for one. You guys sure know how to make people feel unrewarded for the time and effort they put in the game...
am i the only one that loves these changes?
Qarl, stay off the drugs man.
Standard IGN: LaHhRip
I actually looted a voidhome at like the second or third day into the new expansion. Even though I was pretty sure I'll make a ground slammer as my third "road to 82", I insta-vendored that garbage. Now, I'm looking at the provided list and... wwwwtf?

IIR items -> so the philosophy here is that you should require a super uncommon unique to find even more, common uniques or what? Well, there's a high possibility you'll get better IIR rare for that slot, before you find your beloved aurseize. I thought it's been the other way around since like diablo 1.

Leveling items -> I simply don't understand. These changes doesn't make any sense.

Marohi, QotF, Voltaxic -> what? So they were underused? Too hard to obtain? Or maybe your data says they are currently heavily underpowered so people won't use them anyway? Oh well whatever, congratz on making a 2H weapon which can EASILY carry you from 57 to 85 cost 1-2 chaos in the second week of a new league :D

Belly and LCoil -> so what does this exactly solve? Or is it meant to be an un-solution to "a little too convenient" solution? Then how about an actual fix to an ever-existent problem, where you upgrade the armour mechanic, so I don't have to get TEN THOUSAND layers of defenses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info