Unique Item Rarity Changes

Whats the point of nerfing drop rates on leveling uniques???????
are you people serious right now
I'm guessing there were at least two groups of items that got the rarity increase.

Items like aurseize and stone of lazwar that were very highly utilized, meaning a such high percentage of characters were wearing them that simply by lowering the drop rate item diversity statistics are bound to go up.

Items like quill rain and facebreaker are build enabling but were found in abundance and were often vendored or stashed and never equipped. Lowering the rarity means players that really want them can trade for them but the majority that will never use them won't have to find them.

The decreased rarity ones I have a harder time coming up with a reason for. Maybe they were traded at super high rates, proving there was a ton of demand for them relative to the number dropping?

Or maybe the point is the drive off the people that are incapable of beating normal without a goldrim? That could be good for the game long term I suppose.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on Jul 23, 2015, 2:14:38 AM
Wow, I can't believe the rage here, my 5 year old is more rational than most of the responders in this thread. Let me try the same approach, "Honey, things are going to be different now, for a lot of reasons, I know you're smart and capable and can do this." "Yup Daddy, I can!"

I for one, agree with the logic, without knowing the precise numbers. I am a specific type of player, however, and I can only hope that GGG knows their players. The more they can change this game, the better, because let's be honest, the game is short, and it stagnates quickly. Game changing moves are good.

If the opinions, and more importantly, the manners of expressing them in this thread are actually the majority of the playerbase: If I were them, I'd be shutting this game down out of principle, if I could afford it. That's probably not the case though - I'll assume more people are like me, and it's up to them to figure that out.
ok I'll try as much as possible to post without offending people.

what GGG has done is readjusting drop rates to account for the many different types added (what Qarl has said, nothing new here). Because theres many more opportunities for unique drops, it is only right that they tone down the rarity for the listed items, or else youd have roughly double the chance to pick up uniques (don't quote me on this number). So now, for example, you'd have 20% to pick up a maligaro's virtuosity instead of the 40% before, and 20% to pick up some item of equal tier. I wish people would stop and think instead of bashing GGG immediately after an update like this. Their devs are PEOPLE.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Terrific changes, 100% support GGG, don't listen to the weak sauce temp league QQ, such hypocrisy.

More should be added to the increased rarity list, especially the T1 BiS ones that get farmed and acquired most often illegally.

Making them even rarer will make it even more tempting for people to RMT them... you sound you are only saying that because you are jelly because you never had one.

Weak sauce temp leagues QQ... Lol.

Apparently, the issue was mentioned on the 'unofficial' PoE forums, the amount of that stuff going on in the current temp leagues puts STD to shame. It's beyond the point of reducing the temptation or whatever you want to call it. At least GGG does the right thing here and make these items of high demand that lack build diversity, just a tad more rare.

I guess mini dumpsters have the same if not worse problems as big ol' dumpsters?

Ok, why Doon and Erqi needs to be more common?

"
Wow, I can't believe the rage here, my 5 year old is more rational than most of the responders in this thread. Let me try the same approach, "Honey, things are going to be different now, for a lot of reasons, I know you're smart and capable and can do this." "Yup Daddy, I can!"

I for one, agree with the logic, without knowing the precise numbers. I am a specific type of player, however, and I can only hope that GGG knows their players. The more they can change this game, the better, because let's be honest, the game is short, and it stagnates quickly. Game changing moves are good.

If the opinions, and more importantly, the manners of expressing them in this thread are actually the majority of the playerbase: If I were them, I'd be shutting this game down out of principle, if I could afford it. That's probably not the case though - I'll assume more people are like me, and it's up to them to figure that out.

Said someone with no characters on any league, as his first post on the forums... yes.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 23, 2015, 2:24:23 AM
So dumb. Now only the richest few can play the builds they want. You might as well have told people to stay in Standard.

I don't see how y'all think you can predict the future. Is it good for the game if 95% of players realize they can't afford shit and quit? Because right now you have a game where mob damage is out of control, maps don't drop, builds that aren't ranged or pure tank are dead, and everyone in the challenge leagues is running around in yellow items unless they're a streamer.

For everything you guys added in v2.0, you forgot the most important part: fun.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
first the rustic belt recipe nerf and now this. Did GGG actually hire Jay Wilson? I'm more and more inclined to believe this.
That which does not kill us, makes a huge mistake.
I'm very surprised and players should be thankful to GGG that new uniques rarity have not been adjusted by now, a couple of them are so broken and OP, I don't know how anyone could miss.. like Kingsguard Discharge you can do Uber with 1 eye shut, a couple others maybe once more have figured it out. Seriously cannot believe how Kingsguard made it out of testing, best survival chest to do any and all content to 82s by far right now.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Jul 23, 2015, 2:24:20 AM
Qarl, just something I'd like to convey you probably know..

At the start of the expansion, during prime times, first 5 "tempest league" trade channels were full to the brim, was always a problem joining any of them. These last few days, even the first channel could be joined at any moment, prime time or not. Obviously, you understand what that means.

After series of very unpopular and outright questionable decisions, now you add this on top? I've played tempest league with around 100 rarity on my characters during the past week (over 50 hours) + well rolled maps, and I haven't gotten ONE SINGLE unique to drop that could be put to any use in the early/late mapping periods. NOT A SINGLE ONE. All but two-three were vendored.

So many already quit tempest league, and you keep piling problems on top of each other to ensure the remaining few do so as well.

I just don't get it anymore....

"
dnmr wrote:
first the rustic belt recipe nerf and now this. Did GGG actually hire Jay Wilson? I'm more and more inclined to believe this.

Seriously none of this really makes sense like once more Mightflay? Goldrim really cmon now.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info