Unique Item Rarity Changes

This game is similar to a Collectible Card Game in many ways and it needs to be changing constantly in order for people to try out new things and not just go with the same old build every league.

It keeps things fresh and forces people to adapt and improvise.

As a player playing mostly self-found this leauge, I think it's a blessing to not have to get the MF gear during leveling simply to stay in phase with the economy and simply because "You were crazy NOT to do it". I think it's good that the MF items are now gated now and I would personally like it if they were removed altogether. Just look at Diablo 3, where MF was practically removed and it worked out fine. Granted, you can't trade there like you can in PoE, but it's still a question about build diversity - even during leveling.

Coming from the design/balancing side of a Collectible Card Game myself, I can say that the balancing process is very, very, very complex and difficult and players almost always find interactions that break the intentions of the developers. You simply cannot compete with the brains of tens of thousands of users regardless of the size of your development team.

The only thing I don't like with uniques and PoE is that unsellable uniques keep dropping even in high level maps. I'd rather they didn't and we'd got a rare instead. It would keep the expectations at the unique drop sound in check. ^_^

Taste of Hate.... great.... never gonna find one now... I have yet to find a useful unique flask in Hardcore with 2000 hours+ played.. atleast Havoc found two within a week lol...
The last thing this game needs is common rarity, or lack of. I don't get all the hate about making great, build defining items more rare? Like, what is the point in playing the game if you can simply find everything you need, perfectly rolled and smashing the hardest content in a few days? What does it do to the economy of the game? What does it do the the longevity of the game? It destroys all hope and takes away the excitement of finding the big ticket item.

The last thing PoE needs is a Diablo 3 style model where everything drops for your class in a day and all that's left to do is grind xp for extremely small upgrades to progression without any hope of finding loot that actually improves your character?

A lot of short-sighted people in this thread. I can tell you everything I need is in that "more rare" list and it makes me happy, because it gives me a long-term goal to work towards.

I think its a misstake to be constantly introducing new, useless unqiues. Constantly finding levellling uniques gets boring fast. At least I figured out why doing Dom runs seemed so innefficient compatred to when I did runs during rampage...
"
"
dnmr wrote:
first the rustic belt recipe nerf and now this. Did GGG actually hire Jay Wilson? I'm more and more inclined to believe this.

Seriously none of this really makes sense like once more Mightflay? Goldrim really cmon now.

Funny thing is that there are plenty of rare daggers with better DPS, for the same level req, priced at 1c, while Mightflay is at 10c+... :D Funny stuff. Heck, this is a leveling unique, who is going to pay freakin 10c?!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
"
dnmr wrote:
first the rustic belt recipe nerf and now this. Did GGG actually hire Jay Wilson? I'm more and more inclined to believe this.

Seriously none of this really makes sense like once more Mightflay? Goldrim really cmon now.

Funny thing is that there are plenty of rare daggers with better DPS, for the same level req, priced at 1c, while Mightflay is at 10c+... :D Funny stuff. Heck, this is a leveling unique, who is going to pay freakin 10c?!

Those lvling daggers are lower lvl than mightflay, and there are no equivalent daggers to mightflay at that lvl (its like 34?) the other daggers are lvl 16-20, and cant compare to mightflay.
I wonder who's gonna pay 15+ exalts for smthng like Carcass Jack|Ratpith Globe|CoD when u can buy mjolnir or shavronne for the same price?
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
It's pretty sad because ordinary players can literally never use any of the higher tier/build defining uniques. Instead they are forced to hoard currency and trade for them.
IGN Mahavir
Way to make me regret upgrading my supporter pack just a few days ago..
Now i will find more useless crap bullshit uniques than ever and have to pay more than ever for the uniques worth using.

this is nothing but GRIND and that gets boring because there is already so much of it.
Please reconsider this change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info