Unique Item Rarity Changes

Terrific changes, 100% support GGG, don't listen to the weak sauce temp league QQ, such hypocrisy.

More should be added to the increased rarity list, especially the T1 BiS ones that get farmed and acquired most often illegally.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Changes like that are just not well thought through.
We take weeks of planing our starting build, test them in beta and rush the lvl 80 in 2 days after the awakening release. Now im sitting at lvl 88, didnt have a single "lucky drop" and my most core item in the build is gatet behind 20Ex which was at maximum 1Ex in every last league. Feels very frustrating.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Terrific changes, 100% support GGG, don't listen to the weak sauce temp league QQ, such hypocrisy.

More should be added to the increased rarity list, especially the T1 BiS ones that get farmed and acquired most often illegally.

Making them even rarer will make it even more tempting for people to RMT them... you sound you are only saying that because you are jelly because you never had one.

Weak sauce temp leagues QQ... Lol.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Qarl wrote:

Yes, the list of items that are more common is a lot shorter, but keep in mind that we introduced many, many more garbage tier uniques you can vendor in this patch which skews rarity. In addition made some changes to the overall rarity model to ensure that some uniques that were drifting into dangerously-rare territory would be more common.

We also changed the drop levels of many uniques -- some up, some down -- to better fit the new progression of the game.

FTFY
Last edited by Pepock on Jul 23, 2015, 1:57:44 AM
"
Czarevna wrote:
"
BansheeDD wrote:
can you people relax?

"
Now the gear that can keep you alive is super-rare...
I was hoping this was a bug; it's very hard to hear that this is intended. :(

This means devastating news for the 4-month hardcore leagues.

I don't want to play anything else, so for the first time in years, I'm questioning whether or not to keep playing PoE.

Not looking forward to choosing between:

-wearing crap gear that I find
-playing a build I don't want to play because the gear is cheap for it
-currency grinding endlessly, until I can afford uber-expensive gear that I only get to enjoy 2 weeks before league ends

100% negative change GGG. :(

actually not as calm as you claim
By what you're doing you're just encouraging people to RMT, wake up GGG! We don't care about your troll uniques like Voidhome, you are persuading new people not want to play this game and you have to remember that PoE player base is getting bigger and by these shitty changes you make it smaller, when i see that Rathpith on Warbands costs a freaking 14 ex i just wanna stop playing right now and that's not only me who thinks like that. Stop thinking about yourselves and think about us, casual or non-casual players too. This game really starts to discourage me from playing it.
Last edited by PodajPiwo on Jul 23, 2015, 2:03:33 AM
Terrible changes
So destroying 99% of the builds wasn't enough, you needed to FURTHER destroy build diversity by making the uniques that made lesser builds function even RARER?

Nice!

"
Pepock wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Yes, the list of items that are more common is a lot shorter, but keep in mind that we introduced many, many more garbage tier uniques you can vendor in this patch which skews rarity. In addition made some changes to the overall rarity model to ensure that some uniques that were drifting into dangerously-rare territory would be more common.

We also changed the drop levels of many uniques -- some up, some down -- to better fit the new progression of the game.

FTFY

THIS

Why is Qarl in charge of balance?
"
Perq wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

Making them even rarer will make it even more tempting for people to RMT them... you sound you are only saying that because you are jelly because you never had one.

Weak sauce temp leagues QQ... Lol.

Apparently, the issue was mentioned on the 'unofficial' PoE forums, the amount of that stuff going on in the current temp leagues puts STD to shame. It's beyond the point of reducing the temptation or whatever you want to call it. At least GGG does the right thing here and make these items of high demand that lack build diversity, just a tad more rare.

I guess mini dumpsters have the same if not worse problems as big ol' dumpsters?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Sorry, but this feels like a strange Post here, a "Manifesto"-Post with a few Words & a List of Items 'going up in Rarity', all with almost no Explanation.

I personally do not worry about the full List, but as someone that has intruduced a great amount of Players to this Game & helped them to get started, I would like to know why Leveling Uniques like Goldrim, Auresize, Perandus & others have to be rarer now. These Items were great Tipps for Starters & now feel like are almost out of the Game.

Love the Game, love the Patch, but with some really important Points there is a Communication Issue.

Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
Last edited by Ezekiel_ on Jul 23, 2015, 2:09:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info