Unique Item Rarity Changes

*Double Post because server re-set, sorry.
Last edited by Czarevna on Jul 23, 2015, 1:38:10 AM
I'm yet to see, or use any of those "new uniques" that fill the holes behind old ones, which now not only polute end-game pool, but are also nowhere to be seen when needed.

Making everything rare is not balancing.

I agree with some changes, but to be honest, most of the changes makes no sense at all. It seems to me that "looking at the data" was "it is being used sometimes - make it rarer".

Why, for example, making Marohi Erqi more common? What for?! It already was well placed unique, usually pricing at 5c-10c. Was that bad? Is it better when it is 1c, and is used by every Ground Slammer (along side with brilliant changes to Blood Rage, Fortify and so on)?
What is that data you are looking for? Doon was in the perfect place too (look up Mors' video) usually pricing at 5-15c. Now it is in shit tier, 1c. Are you looking at that data too?
Rathpith globe - 15c-2ex. Used by some builds. WRONG, lets make it so fucking rare that no build ever will use it. A SIX LINK IS LESS EXPENSIVE THAN RATHPITH GLOBE. And it is not even THAT GREAT. Alpha's? You just made it more common... ;_____________;
These changes are stupid as stupid gets, sorry, but there is no other way to word it.

It is no wonder people are using Goldrims and other leveling uniques. BECAUSE THEY ARE LEVELING UNIQUES. And what now, you added new LEVELING UNIQUES. They will be used (maybe by others, I'm yet to use one, because they don't drop, when they should)... will you drop their rarity too, because they are being used?

When reading that you looked on the data, only thing I can imagine is a conference with men is suits sitting on chairs, and one of them making a presentation with graphs saying "we looked up on the data - we need to make these uniques rares, because they are being used, and those more common, because they are not used. That is logical!"
Thing that ruined many other games... Sorry for the negativity... :'(

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Did you forget to list Lioneye's Glare? I doubt it's just luck that i've found THREE of them (2 off the same monster). Not to mention that they are trading for like 1 chaos due to their decreased rarity.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 23, 2015, 1:39:59 AM
"
unsane wrote:
Did you forget to list Lioneye's Glare? I doubt it's just luck that i've found THREE of them (2 off the same monster). Not to mention that they are trading for like 1 chaos due to their decreased rarity.

I found 3 Lioneye's pairs of boots. Because they are sooooooooooo good. Lots of other shit uniques like that Vaal Shield with reflect (that no one will ever use, because it is terribly designed).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 23, 2015, 1:41:59 AM
"
BansheeDD wrote:
can you people relax?

Last edited by Czarevna on Jul 23, 2015, 1:45:30 AM
Hardly any real explanation of why these changes were made :l
You could have just posted a thread titled, "We made the game less fun." and just left it at that.

Honestly, what does your management staff have against people having fun in this game?

All this post did was instantly increase the prices of all of the nerfed items. Guess what? I get 1-2 hours a day to play this game. That time is NOT increasing...yet the items I need for my builds are now more expensive and time consuming to get.

Now I get to spend more hours and days leveling with flame totem!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Guess what...

I'm done with this game. I've supported this game and company since 2011. No longer. I'm done.

You, GGG, are morons. Good luck further destroying your life's work.
Last edited by inDef on Jul 23, 2015, 1:50:21 AM
I don't get why some items that were only useful for very niche builds had their drop rates increased. I've got so many Lori's Lantern drops and I can't even sell them for 5 Alterations.
carrot dangling psychology vs. human optimism bias. good luck with that old loop. You're first mistake was assuming we are ALL here for the gamble. Asleepening. sorry to be so harsh but you've made a game so random that it has become random wheather or not people stick around for the majority of it's content.
"
Qarl wrote:
While we don't ordinarily comment on item rarity, in this case we probably should have

I respectfully disagree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info