[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Tornado Shot, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

best adivice I think. go check out neversinks guide, I even compied something from his guide and put on mine ( a picture of passive tree ) because its so good and explains what to get and what not get, you got mana wrong nodes, and only get spirit void if u cant get mana leech on gear, how the fuck isthat not good advice?
avatar of the hunt is not bad my mistake but u missed some great nodes and spirit void is for begging not for end game
Earlier in the thread someone made a compromise by not taking Avatar of the Hunter and taking the 15% bow damage nodes and Aspect of the Eagle. It's what I'll be doing anyway. I might also ditch Primal Spirit later on when mana and stats are sorted for Ballistic Mastery.
hey lifting i have a question what bow and quiver do u recommend for the end game of this build?
Last edited by RevoIucioN on Sep 6, 2015, 8:13:04 PM
And finally

- Perfect 4L bought (8c)
- Spend 80 chromatics for random colors, I conclude that... impossible.
- Then bought 550 chromatics with 46c.
- Spend 285 on Vorici's, got RRRB, this is madness, 120 dex. means nothing at all...
- Then I decided to search for a good reason to look for a RRRG, I decided to use Vaal Grace instead of Enduring Cry.
- Try for the second time spending another 285 and boom, unexpected 4R.

Total investment.

100 Chromatics
54 Chaos.

Conclusion; You'll never get what you want, no matter what.
<-- is this a good juwel for this build?
In case you guys are wondering, then yes; this is a suitable and powerful build choice for the 1-month!

Good luck! =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Question:

Why do i keep seeing cast when damage taken gem chained to enduring cry gem when it doesn't proc with it anymore?

I am new to this game and have been following Neversinks Guide. His guide has the same set up but the guides like a year older.
"
kai47 wrote:
Question:

Why do i keep seeing cast when damage taken gem chained to enduring cry gem when it doesn't proc with it anymore?

I am new to this game and have been following Neversinks Guide. His guide has the same set up but the guides like a year older.

Most likely OP don't have any other spare (red)socket.
Burn all the orbs!
I'm following this guide,so far (lv 45 ranger) it preforms very well though my gear is purely self-found (but pretty good I think).Thanks for the guide LiftingNerdBro!
Spoiler

I'd like to give some leveling advices and mention with what I had problems,as well as other findings:
1) Mana issues at early levels.Spirit Void node simply can't sustain 4 linked skills,even with lv 2-3 Clarity.I strongly suggest to use Eleron's Ring/Amulet with -8 mana cost of skills ,and jewel Survival Secrets.The jewel is easily obtainable as a Golden Hand quest reward in Act 2,and works as free Clarity;elemental damage bonus is also welcomed.Eleron's jewelery is easy to get,just have him in your hideout,leveled to at least lv 4,then check his stockpile after each daily mission for him;succeeded of failed,he will have new goods to sell,and always one piece of mana cost reducing jewelery.

2) At level 16 it's good to pick Herald of Ash,you can run it along with lv 2-3 Clarity and still have enough mana pool.Adding the Eleron's ring to that makes act 1 a breeze in skill costs management.

3) Once you get level 24,+3 mana regen jewel and Eleron's Ring drop Clarity and Herald of Ash,then pick up Hatred and Arctic Armour.At this point however you should have nice survivability,so you can use herald instead of armour,though it's advisable to have it in equipment to level up.

4) Though not using yet try to fit Blood Rage in your equipment asap,just to level it up.

5) Puncture >> Frenzy at early stages.Even having -8 mana ring,Spirit Void,12.4 mana regeneration and 76 mana pool I can't afford cost of Frenzy while shooting at single target;17 is simply too much.Puncture costs me only 11 mana,and those 6 makes a huge difference.
Besides,Puncture works better against creatures those run away from me - mainly Tormented Spirits.Also it seems it is better for boss fights,I can puncture then kite watching for opportunity to make another shoot,and during that time bleeding eats boss's life without my further assistance.While using Frenzy I have to keep shooting in order to deal damage,and risk a retaliation.

6) I've picked Ice Golem as quest reward,used it in act 4,and finally dropped it.I've found mobility provided by Blink Arrow or Phase Run far more useful.

7) Auto curse setup - Split Arrow + Fork/Chain + Curse on Hit + Assassins Mark works well,but last very short and uses 4 links.On the other character I'm using Spell Totem + Curse + Increased Duration,with excellent results.
1st,this setup saves one socket in which a skill profiting from Increased Duration can be put in - like Blink Arrow or Blood Rage.
2nd,both the totem and curse are gaining from extended duration.
3rd,totem placed at the edge of screen works excellent as a decoy and early warning system.It also excels during boss fights,just pop it few seconds before ex Malachai finish speech.Due to that,using totem is much safer than Split Arrow.

Split Arrow cursing has its own advantages though:
1st,more dynamic play and therefore map clearing speed
2nd,it can easily strike off-screen targets.When I fought that pesky unique totems pack at Kaom's Dream it was Split Arrow which allowed me to defeat them without dying.All attempts to close distance and use Tornado Shot failed,and I was forced to flee.
3rd,it can serve as a kind of panic attack,wide strike distance makes it easy to hit fast targets,or make a snap shot at a boss when we're forced to kite heavily.
4th,it's much easier and cheaper to obtain GGBB than RRB(G) on purely evasion-based gear.

8) I very strongly advise to add Pierce gem into Tornado Shot setup,especially if Greater Multiple Projectiles are used.Why?It works miracles with those Life on Hit and Mana on Hit features when fighting against packs of monsters.

9) I suggest to slightly change leveling in tree:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A6HCy2W1BWE#t=499
after picking Primal Spirit go up through +8% mana node to Ballistic Mastery.Extra mana at this stage is helpful,and the mastery gives boost to damage at so early level.They can be respected later,after taking Heavy Draw,Deadly Draw and Spirit Void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A6HCy2W1BWE#t=561
Instead of going long way for Spirit Void I suggest go for jewel socket near Golem's Blood,and put Survival Secrets here.Once this goal is done go pick the Spirit Void.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A6HCy2W1BWE#t=614
It is better to go for Golem's Blood and two +5% life nodes near it instead of picking Herbalism.Golem Blood along with Heart of Oak gives 2,6% life regeneration which finally allows Blood Rage to be used.And this skill helps a lot,so it's better to start using it earlier than later.
Last edited by MasterBLB on Oct 3, 2015, 7:58:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info