[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Tornado Shot, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

How important is Accuracy Rating in this build?
What is a good chance to hit % to be comfortable?
For what we must use enduring cry in this build?
Going to try this out, only thing I don't understand is the curse setup. Why do we need to use split arrow to apply the curse with 4 total gems, instead of just casting the curse manually?

My guess is that there are the following advantages:

- Build has high attack speed but low cast speed, so it will be quicker to apply the curse with an attack
- Chain helps apply the curse outside the AOE
- Build has faster projectiles in the skill tree, increasing the range of the curse to be larger than the default curse AOE

Am I on the right track with understanding this? How does this compare with simply casting the curse linked with increased area of effect?
"
Stagnetti wrote:
Going to try this out, only thing I don't understand is the curse setup. Why do we need to use split arrow to apply the curse with 4 total gems, instead of just casting the curse manually?

My guess is that there are the following advantages:

- Build has high attack speed but low cast speed, so it will be quicker to apply the curse with an attack
- Chain helps apply the curse outside the AOE
- Build has faster projectiles in the skill tree, increasing the range of the curse to be larger than the default curse AOE

Am I on the right track with understanding this? How does this compare with simply casting the curse linked with increased area of effect?

Indeed, it's very fast to apply curse with split arrow since you have a lot of attack speed. Furthermore, with chain and split arrow laucnhing 8 or 9 arrows, you will curse the whole pack / screen and above. Also, you do damage while cursing, meaning faster clear speed, more leech.
Ok cool. Here's another question though, how are we supposed to get 4 red linked sockets on a piece of evasion gear? Is the immortal call really necessary? And how effective is 3 endurance charges from enduring cry when we don't have any armour anyway?
"
Stagnetti wrote:
Ok cool. Here's another question though, how are we supposed to get 4 red linked sockets on a piece of evasion gear? Is the immortal call really necessary? And how effective is 3 endurance charges from enduring cry when we don't have any armour anyway?

It's really hard to get 4 red sockets on a ev base , i didnt bother to get the 4th socket i used this setup instead :

so that vaal hast benefits of increase duration.

I think that immortal call is pretty mandatory for this build because you can't evade all hits and with this builds when you get hit (especially physical damage) you get hit hard!So immortal call give you time to use your flask or get away because we dont have that much life to get hit an other time.

For the endurance charges, its important because it increase the duration of immortal call
with my setup (Immortall call lvl 12 and increase duration lvl 17 and 3 endurance charges) my immortal call last for 2 sec if i didnt have endurance charges it will only last for 0.7 sec .
Last edited by _Betamax_ on Aug 30, 2015, 6:51:35 PM
"
_Betamax_ wrote:

It's really hard to get 4 red sockets on a ev base , i didnt bother to get the 4th socket i used this setup instead :

I think that immortal call is pretty mandatory for this build because you can't evade all hits and with this builds when you get hit (especially physical damage) you get hit hard!So immortal call give you time to use your flask or get away because we dont have that much life to get hit an other time.

For the endurance charges, its important because it increase the duration of immortal call
with my setup (Immortall call lvl 12 and increase duration lvl 17 and 3 endurance charges) my immortal call last for 2 sec if i didnt have endurance charges it will only last for 0.7 sec .

Cool setup, but how do you generate your endurance charges?
"
Ste_Julia wrote:
"
_Betamax_ wrote:

Cool setup, but how do you generate your endurance charges?

Since enduring doesnt work with cast when damage taken anymore you have two choice left :

-Self cast enduring cry (that's what im doing ) i just use my gem on an other piece of gear

-Or get a Daresso defiance to generate endurance charge

Last edited by _Betamax_ on Aug 31, 2015, 5:25:03 PM
bro your tree needs some work mana, get mana leech from jewel or jewelry done waste 3 nodes on spirit voide, and u got avatar of the hunt, why would u get those nodes instead of the circle cluster phy damage nodes right at the begging of ranger.. check out my tree man, way better way to go to forums-search-kingsrogue. t shot puncture trap, if u wanna rape bosses u need puncture trap
"
KingSeagoe wrote:
bro your tree needs some work mana, get mana leech from jewel or jewelry done waste 3 nodes on spirit voide, and u got avatar of the hunt, why would u get those nodes instead of the circle cluster phy damage nodes right at the begging of ranger.. check out my tree man, way better way to go to forums-search-kingsrogue. t shot puncture trap, if u wanna rape bosses u need puncture trap
Horrible advice combined with illiteracy, what a great contribution to the thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info