[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Hello,

I'm currently playing HC; however, i'm having some trouble leeching life back. I see in your tree you do not take "vitality void" in the duelist section.

What are some ways for me to quickly leech life back? I don't want to continue in hardcore if i can't leech properly.

Thanks.
Does POB calculation for a weapon include the dmg coming from "Socketed Gems are supported by level xy Multistrike/Maim" etc?
Hey there all,

I played POE for some time but never got into endgame. This season somehow I decided to give it a try and I choose this build.

So far It all went smooth till up to t11/12/13maps. Here I am starting to struggle. I have enough currency to buy upgrades for my gear but I am honestly a bit helpless what to upgrade and what to look for.

I feel a bit squishy and also my damage could be a bit higher. I am aware that my gems need 1more level.

If anyone has suggestions please feel free to give them.

Best regards and thanks for ur help.

"
Oknar90 wrote:
Does POB calculation for a weapon include the dmg coming from "Socketed Gems are supported by level xy Multistrike/Maim" etc?

I believe so, yes.
"
P1ka88 wrote:
Hey there all,

I played POE for some time but never got into endgame. This season somehow I decided to give it a try and I choose this build.

So far It all went smooth till up to t11/12/13maps. Here I am starting to struggle. I have enough currency to buy upgrades for my gear but I am honestly a bit helpless what to upgrade and what to look for.

I feel a bit squishy and also my damage could be a bit higher. I am aware that my gems need 1more level.

If anyone has suggestions please feel free to give them.

Best regards and thanks for ur help.

looks pretty good overall. Here are some suggestions to improve the character

1) Get Quality 20 on all flasks. The longer these are active, the better

2) I noticed you added a lot of elemental damage in places on your gear and jewels. This build benefits more from pure physical damage as our scaling is tied to physical damage. As you look to upgrade your gear, focus on changing the ele damage to physical damage. A tiny amount of physical damage addition is MUCH more significant than a lot of elemental damage due to scaling.

3) Take some time to run merciless lab and grab some enchantments for gloves and boots (you can put this off if you intend to change that gear). I am doing the lab runs myself today to get some useful enchantments on gloves and boots.

4) After you get all gems to L20, make sure you convert them into level 1 Q20 gems and re-level them. The Q20 will provide a lot of extra damage and defense. To convert a L20 gem into a L1Q20 gem, trade it to a vendor with 1 GCP. It will take a little while to re-level them but the first 15 levels comes quick and you start getting benefits at that stage.

5) Your intelligence stat is very low. When upgrading gear, grab some Int if you can. Once you bump that stat up, you can free up two passive nodes(see the node named Versatility) that will help you increase damage and/or defense.

6) Check your resists. If you can afford it, remove the Diamond skin node. This again will give you another 2 points to improve character. Don't forget that we carry up to 6 endurance charges which gives us 24% on all resists.

7) Watch your game play closely. See how often you need the second life flask. If you find you are rarely using it, consider swapping it out for something that provides more defense (non granite based since you don't need any more armour)

==============

This one is not a suggestion but more of a question to improve my own understanding.

I see you are using the preferred Herald of Ash/Hatred/Arctic Armour/Enlighten set up in your helmet. That should be using up most of your mana.

But I also see that you have Herald of Ice slotted in your boots. How are you using the Herald of Ice? I would not think you would have enough mana.

And if you are not using Herald of Ice, your entire gem setup in your boots won't work.

Let me know as I want to understand how this work better.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 2, 2018, 2:01:01 PM
"
Rippin_Heads wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently playing HC; however, i'm having some trouble leeching life back. I see in your tree you do not take "vitality void" in the duelist section.

What are some ways for me to quickly leech life back? I don't want to continue in hardcore if i can't leech properly.

Thanks.

Anyone know the solution to the above noted problem?
Hello,

I am currently trying this build after my first charachter in POE. I'm new to the game just for precision. Had a lot of fun playing this build until from now on.
But i'm starting to face huge problems of survivability now. On map from T1 to T8 it's ok but sommetimes just groups of regular mobs make my life drop so quickly and even shred me. Mines are currently a no go i can't survive in it.
And Red tier map start to get difficult for me.
Died twice trying uberlab.

I'm currently sitting on 4.6k hp. I know i need to upgrade my gear but the one i need are, for the moment, and probably for a long time, out of my reach currency wise.

I have no clue how to improve my character just with slight changes, and not too costly ones.

As far as i understand the build, even with huge armour, you don't evade, you are not immuned to anything like some other build provides and you don't leech a lot of life. So i am wondering if this build is playable in a budget version or if you have to spend tons of exalt tier gear to make it to the end game.

And am i the only one that faced this problem by playing this build ?
Hi, I have been enjoying this build a lot so far and I like how versatile it is and how infrequently I die. I feel like my gear is pretty good thus far, I upgraded my stat stick recently and bought an amulet. I just don't know what else to purchase next and I was looking for some guidance. I know I need to try and get a 6 link and I could eventually get new rings but I feel like these upgrades would cost lots of currency. I'm just looking for some advice on what my next step on this character is.
"
Boomy wrote:
Hi, I have been enjoying this build a lot so far and I like how versatile it is and how infrequently I die. I feel like my gear is pretty good thus far, I upgraded my stat stick recently and bought an amulet. I just don't know what else to purchase next and I was looking for some guidance. I know I need to try and get a 6 link and I could eventually get new rings but I feel like these upgrades would cost lots of currency. I'm just looking for some advice on what my next step on this character is.

You are in a solid spot but you are at the point where every upgrade is relatively expensive. I can't say specifically what to upgrade first since you can basically upgrade everything.

Keep checking poetrade each time you play and focus on a specific piece of equipment to upgrade so that you won't get overwhelmed.

Here are some small suggestions in the mean time. Let me know if you have any questions.

1) Get Quality 20 on all your flasks. The longer these are active the better.

2) Watch your game play closely. See how often you need the second life flask. If you find you are rarely using it, consider swapping it out for something that provides more defense (non granite based since you don't need any more armour)

3) Craft another affix on your belt from one of the master benches. You have a free spot open for crafting. Choose what ever helps your build.

4) Your intelligence stat is very low. When upgrading gear, grab some Int if you can. Once you bump that stat up, you can free up two passive nodes(see the node named Versatility) that will help you increase damage and/or defense.

5) Check your resists. If you can afford it, remove the path to the Diamond skin node. This again will give you another 2 points to improve your character. Don't forget that we carry up to 6 endurance charges which gives us 24% on all resists.

6) Get your 6th endurance charge from the tree ASAP (this will help your resists with #5 above)

7) Get an enchantment on your glove (you can delay this if you intend to upgrade the gloves in the near future)

8) You very likely do not need Enduring Cry anymore as your 3rd Ascendancy point helps you generate and keep endurance charges. If you decide to get rid of it, in its place put "Chance to Bleed" This will allow your Warchief totem to create the bleed. Once the Warchief can create bleed, remove Chance to Bleed from your Double Strike set up and then you can add in multistrike or maim. It will give Double Strike much more damage and then when you face a boss, drop the Warchief totem and let it proc the bleeding and then go to town with DS and VDS.

9) Since you are equipping The Brass Dome, you may not be getting any real use from the armor in your Lion's Roar flask. I would recommend replacing it with a flask that is not granite based. You can experiment and try different things that interest you that help you either offensively or defensively.
ok I just blew a wad of currency on this :)

At level 92, my total Double Strike Path of Building DPS against non bleeding enemies is now 786k. Against bleeding enemies Total DPS jumps to 1.16 million.

Now I need to rebuild my currency to get some red maps to try and take out the Shaper Guardians for my first time ever. I am probably not ever going to be skilled enough for Shaper but I feel like I might have a chance at the guardians.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info