[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Anyone? ;)
Hi guys,

regarding all the changes that are happening with 3.7, do you think this build is still viable?

It was hell of a lot of fun to play it.

Cheers!
I think this build is viable in this league just need some tweak from the gem.
Hmm, the skill tree has changed. The lvl 20 tree he's posted now requires 25 points instead of 24, since there is now one more node before Diamond Skin. Otherwise, I think this build is still pretty good. I'll comment more on the tree as I run my Marauder.

I'm curious as to what the 2nd required item was. ShionPiotr mentioned at the start that there were two essential items, but then only listed the Abyssus.

Edit:
I assume the 2nd essential item is The Brass Dome.
Last edited by MasterZoen on Aug 7, 2019, 8:01:07 PM
Okay, so I got bored during the update and figured out the levels and points to get all of the notables in this build in Path of Building.

First, it takes 25 points, 20 from 21 levels and 5 from quests to get the first tree build, due to an extra Elemental Resistance node before Diamond Skin. At this point the build needs 1 extra point to reach the important nodes.

Second, it takes 48 points, 40 from 41 levels and 8 from quests to get the second tree build, due to the previously mentioned extra Elemental Resistance node. At this point the build still only needs 1 extra point to reach the important nodes.

Third, it takes 83 points, 62 from 63 levels and 21 from quests to get the third tree. Now, we get to the point where the build tree really changes, as both Twin Terrors and Mana Leech have been moved South on the tree. Instead of moving towards Fatal Blade in the shortest route, after we grab Dervish, the Jewel socket and Finesse we move towards Mana Leech by going right, down, and right from the Dex node below Finesse. Then, we move up to Herbalism and Fatal Blade. Twin Terrors is reachable by the path from Finesse to Mana Leech, but there is an additional node in it's circle, and we need 2 more +4% Life nodes to reach Thick Skin from this path, but that's okay, since we won't be getting 3 nodes that each provide +5% life at the end of this build. At this point the build requires 3 extra points to reach the important nodes than the original guide.

Fourth, it takes 108 points, 84 from 85 levels and 24 from quests to get the fourth tree. Most of this is the same as listed in the guide, except we leave off 2 of the +5% Life nodes in the Constitution circle and the single Life node below Golem's Blood.

Finally, it takes 123 points, 99 from 100 levels and 24 from quests to get the full build. Grab Heartseeker, but don't grab the Jewels socket beneath it, as we won't have enough points for the other important nodes if we do. Finish the build by grabbing Devotion and Endurance on the West side of the tree. At this point we have finished the build with 7% less life, and 1 less Jewel node.

I suggest that you focus on gear that increases Elemental Resistances, Life, and Intelligence, as you only have 54 Int from the tree alone and Lvl 20 Curse on Hit Support and Improved Critical Strikes Support requires 111 Int while Lvl 20 Enlighten Support requires 96 Int. So you need +57 Int for the big damage bumps.

The build still seems completely viable.
Last edited by MasterZoen on Aug 7, 2019, 7:58:07 PM
You should link the tree like your old first post.
It will be more clair.
Has anyone tried using Impale Support and/or the Impale nodes on tree? I'm also considering trying out Close Combat Support. There's lots of new stuff that seems like it's useful for the build. I'd love to see an updated version. I'm working on my own build that doesn't path as far into Ranger, and I'm trying to work on optimizations. PoB if you're curious: https://pastebin.com/ANt5Qgih
It's my tree. I had made some modif for 3.8.
I will think between Undeniable and Unstoppable for Ascendancy.
I didn't take Jewel socket, but that can be add easily.
Maybe I will take less passive skill life for charge...
Maybe I will remove Armour elemental and Mana Flow.
But I thinks Mana Flow is better than mana leech. It's cost one point less and work. I can use cyclone non-stop with it...

https://poeplanner.com/ABIAAQ0AEhEAAIN7jMbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3koKotPm2qFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj3MvjrFHEbqhDw8lqBOsEH135jF9l8ggfBBHloqW6E2Ud-vTZlTb6nYEFjcFeXQzEj9k2SjX0wfNRSy_UxsNy95w90oAaiF9wGIFFHkn3cI5hv5c9W-nfX459noId2Sn1WyRjv6dp3ohX2YnkABiFgwYuBQTXvOu3bpwlY0_wLwb_VU7tEnudUFHUY2-aIg73d538rd-MB3MS41fgaPsAaeA218jWS2L3-j03jJP3_3qOKsbMMc5VmA4fTfn11_rrz3Whlbzt08f4K8kV9c60JwAEGxsse0jhdpN3VAAAAAAA=
Last edited by Elrildu on Dec 10, 2019, 12:03:26 AM
I have in side gem, Impale Support and close Combat Support when I have enough to trying matching color socket. But when I will have 6 socket in armor, maybe I will keep it. Will see ..
In my tree, maybe I will try to put Might and influence Viridian Jewel for Dual strike... In the socket close to heartseeker..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info