[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
Hi there, have you considered the new unique 1 handed sword - Paradoxica?

Yes, I've test this new unique sword a few time. It's really great for end-game with stacking at least 2-3 abyss jewel with elemental damages.

A hybrid flat cold + lightning with life is great for this sword.
This is one of the abyss jewel that I used when I was testing with Paradoxica. This will help stacking up your base damage & utilize "Attack with this weapon will always deal Double Damage" more efficient.

However, there is a trade-off when I'm using Paradoxica. The attack speed of this unique weapon is 1.30 and it requires you to invest a little more attack speed to make the play-style more comfortable.

It is a great weapon that can lead you from early to the end-game without any problems.

If you want to min & max your end-game DPS. It is gonna be a little bit more expensive:
1) A triple T1 Life, Flat cold DPS + Lightning Damage (cost from 60c to 1ex)
2) Tombfist (2 abyss socket) (cost 7ex)
3) A triple Elemental Res belt or Life + Res Stygian Vise (2ex)
Hi all,

Been playing and enjoying this build, but in the high-yellow maps I've started running into issues with randomly getting one-shotted.

Anything lower is super easy (except physical damage reflection mods) and I breeze through it.

I'd appreciate any help for better survivability. Do I simply need more health to survive spikes?

Currently I'm delving towards 220 and hoping to find the 6-link recipe to link up my chest. I have around ~4ex of currency atm and planning to buy link orbs as needed.

My character is "Karuck":
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SiggiG/characters
Last edited by SiggiG on Jan 18, 2019, 4:26:20 AM
"
SiggiG wrote:
Hi all,

Been playing and enjoying this build, but in the high-yellow maps I've started running into issues with randomly getting one-shotted.

Anything lower is super easy (except physical damage reflection mods) and I breeze through it.

I'd appreciate any help for better survivability. Do I simply need more health to survive spikes?

Currently I'm delving towards 220 and hoping to find the 6-link recipe to link up my chest. I have around ~4ex of currency atm and planning to buy link orbs as needed.

My character is "Karuck":
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SiggiG/characters

Hi there,

After looking through any possibility that you were getting one-shotted in yellow tier map. I believe that you've encounter a mob with the following mod:

- Nemesis mod that has an elemental thorn mod.
- Elemental thorn mod taken your total elemental DPS from hatred/herald of ash and reflect it back as a ball projectile.
- I recommend that getting more life can solve this problem, and as well as getting a wise oak as an elemental defensive flask.
- Unrelenting (additional 8% reduced elemental damage taken)

This is a highlight video (at 0:13) from a twitch player that encounter a triple-ball elemental thorn reflect: https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyCaringMetalDoggo

It's pretty dangerous to encounter this kind of nemesis mod.

Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 18, 2019, 9:50:45 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I am already using Unrelenting, overall I went more defensive over dps (dps is not an issue for me at least yet).

Yeah you are right it felt like reflects, which are made even worse due to our AOE abilities.

How much health are you running with? I have around 4.7k at the moment.

How about re-gemming for Immortal Call on CWDT instead of Temporal Chains?
I just realized my pantheon choices are probably all wrong :) I would love to see what choices people here are using.
"
SiggiG wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

I am already using Unrelenting, overall I went more defensive over dps (dps is not an issue for me at least yet).

Yeah you are right it felt like reflects, which are made even worse due to our AOE abilities.

How much health are you running with? I have around 4.7k at the moment.

How about re-gemming for Immortal Call on CWDT instead of Temporal Chains?

My current HP is 5,500, because I replaced my spiked glove for a Haemophilia for extra clear speed and explosion :)

It was 5,722 HP before.

PS: I took out temporal chain, because I felt it wasn't necessary since my clearing speed is pretty fast with Haeomphilia.

So my current set up is CWDT (lv20) - Immortal Call (lv2) - Ice golem (lv20)

PS#2: For pantheon, I'm currently using Soul of Lunaris and Gruthkul for extra physical damage reduction.
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 18, 2019, 12:03:53 PM
Recently, I've been theory-crafting on my 1H + shield build, and exceed my expectation reaching from 2.7 million DPS with double-strike and bloodlust while running quadruple aura (Hatred + Herald of Ice + Herald of Purity/Ashes + Aspect of the Cat while reserving 70% mana!! This is not a joke)

I've figure out a better way to utilize "bloodlust" permanently for both 1H + shield or dual wielding.

I REALLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO GRAB THIS GLOVE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!~
This glove is AMAZING for Bloodlust build, and especially for a juggernaut ascendency.
Spoiler

What does this glove really do?
Spoiler

1) Life!
2) Attack speed gained from juggernaut's ascedency (Undeniable!) by having more accuracy!~
3) "Any attacks" that guarantee 100% bleed chance while you have cat's stealth for 4 sec! That's right, "any attack skills, except being supported by bloodlust, but which mean we can use vengeance skill!
4) A built-in Hemaeophilia glove! More damage against bleeding target!!
5) Built-in Crimson Dance! Bleeding will stack but the bleeding damage will reduce. HOWEVER, IT WILL INCREASE BLEED DURATION!

Normal bleed duration is 5 sec, but 280% more is... 14 sec! THAT's INSANE!~

Text from wiki "Separate applications of bleed do not stack cumulatively (unless Crimson Dance is allocated, then it stacks up to 8 times)"
Link: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bleed

Vengeance skill is now viable - Self cast bleed
Spoiler
This skill will has a 40% chance to proct (lv 1 + 20% quality) whenever you get hit!! Which mean, you have more way to bleed enemies!

Attack always inflict bleeding while you have Cat's stealth
Spoiler
Just like the description said, any attack skill will works.

Vengeance is an "attack skill" if you look at the gem carefully, you'll notice it belong to an "attack" skill category. So that mean... any attack skill will cause bleeding!

PS: Tested on this build while dual wielding. It's amazing.

Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 18, 2019, 9:15:06 PM
hi, i`m having a hard time doing t5 maps. can anyone give me some tips?

thnaks:)
"
shakur1211 wrote:
hi, i`m having a hard time doing t5 maps. can anyone give me some tips?

thnaks:)

Hi there,

I assumed you're having issue where enemy is hitting you harder than expect or sometimes you get 1 shot from normal mobs.

I recommend that you use a Brass Dom (4L or 5L is fine) or swap out 2 of your flask and get 1 or 2 magic granite flask (that gives 3000 defense) or 1 Lion's Roar Granite Flask

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info