[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

i have a noob question :d

i started using path of bulding and atm my total dps is~140k. I have a scaeva(~280dps) and a harpy rapier(~150dps). I tried to change the weapons. Swaped the harpy rapier with another rapier(~350dps) but the total dps didn`t increase; also tried to swap both weapons with another ones with higher dps but the total dps didn`t increase so mutch(around 150k). Can you explain to me how this works? :D

thanks
"
shakur1211 wrote:
i have a noob question :d

i started using path of bulding and atm my total dps is~140k. I have a scaeva(~280dps) and a harpy rapier(~150dps). I tried to change the weapons. Swaped the harpy rapier with another rapier(~350dps) but the total dps didn`t increase; also tried to swap both weapons with another ones with higher dps but the total dps didn`t increase so mutch(around 150k). Can you explain to me how this works? :D

thanks

It's because your (~150dps) harpy rapier probably has higher APS (attack speed) & crit % chance.

In order to boost the DPS effectively you need to consider a few thing about the base weapons. The best base 1h sword wep is jewelled foil, because it balance out both higher base DPS + APS + crit.
1) Higher crit %
2) Higher APS
3) Higher base DPS

I assume that your (~150 DPS) harpy rapier has better crit and APS than your (~350 DPS) other rapier.

I didn't noticed this until the 2nd-3rd week of the league as I switching to (~200 dps 1h rapier with higher crit + APS)

PS: Even if i'm using a 450 phys 1H rapier without higher % crit and APS, I would lose 40% of my total DPS compare to a 450 phys rapier with higher % crit and APS.

Path of building is mostly focusing on Average DPS effectiveness.
Therefore, higher % crit chance and APS on your weapon will played a major role in calculating your total DPS
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Jan 23, 2019, 1:07:01 AM
"
Aseki2013 wrote:
Hi, it's me again with some update. If you've any question, PM me or message me in-game. IGN: TriEETStarter.

Progress/Update on Jug
Spoiler
1) Shaper - Done
2) Uber - Done
3) Atziri - Done
4) Uber Atziri - Not Yet
5) Uber Elder - Not Yet

Current Gear: (total of 80 chaos invested)
Spoiler

Math & DPS
(Single target + 5L + No Bloodlust activated)
Spoiler

(Single target + 5L + Bloodlust activated)
Spoiler

(Single target + 5L + Bloodlust activated against shapers/guardian or other bosses)
Spoiler

Before any boss fight or mapping. I used this belt and jump or dash around till I get max endurance charges

TL;DR - 2 weeks invested.

PS: https://pastebin.com/UNbYXCgM

another dumb question :)

can u tell me why you had 2 double strike gems? And which one u were using for clearing? the one from the chest or the one from offhand?
"
shakur1211 wrote:

another dumb question :)

can u tell me why you had 2 double strike gems? And which one u were using for clearing? the one from the chest or the one from offhand?

The main reason is for linking different support gems for each. Im currently doing that until I can get 6link and change my gems a bit.
i basically copied your build but the dps difference is ~500k.. can you review my build and tell me where i`m wrong? :D

thanks
can you by any chance make a build on that building programe that is made for 2 handers? just got a shaped exquisite blade and managed to get 6 links. going to multi mode hits cant be evaded it currently has hits do double damage also. but im useless with the talent tree. any help much appreciated thanks
"
shakur1211 wrote:
i basically copied your build but the dps difference is ~500k.. can you review my build and tell me where i`m wrong? :D

thanks

Your next goal should be multi-craft a 450-500 phys sword!~
It should be boost an additional 400k-1.2m DPS.
Last edited by Aseki2013 on Feb 5, 2019, 12:41:16 PM
"
can you by any chance make a build on that building programe that is made for 2 handers? just got a shaped exquisite blade and managed to get 6 links. going to multi mode hits cant be evaded it currently has hits do double damage also. but im useless with the talent tree. any help much appreciated thanks

2H build tend to lacks a lot of attack speed (About 64% APS total) unlike dual wield.
However, this passive tree offer:
Spoiler

1) 23-36% less DPS compare to dual wield
2) Decent APS to match with dual wield
3) Decent crit nodes
4) More passive points can be spend on life nodes
5) More passive points can be spend on strength nodes

2H PoE passive tree
Spoiler

2H Poe Tree Planner
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AA8AAOMADxEAAG7G2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5wQR5aKluwBpvO3gNtfJybGxGMgk1kti9_gryRTrhpldN4_6Pd-MB3ITZqZSHapBsqSeE76LqEuHawS5T02907QUteu9hIRpViO36GO564e9AoF4TIVXcPQd1wKY__OhmCLFDMUz_Tioj09ZYCZY5DusJhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY9zKSfdwjmG_lz_jr891oZbvtkc4UcRuqwQfXfmMX2XyCB_JBW68NjfzF7g7vetN-fXX-uod2Sn19c60JwAEGxl2k3dXLHtI4AAAAAAA=

Note#1: Out of country atm, be back in 2 month.
Note#2: I put a few points in accuracy node and attack speed nodes on passive tree.

More points in accuracy benefit Juggernaut's Undeniable.
More accuracy = more attack speed (Even though it can be replace by strength node)
Eagle's Eye is necessary, because lacks of Crit chance.
thanks mate for the 2handed version
Hi at all. English isn't my native language ;-)

I'm not new at PoE, but my highest character is lv. 79. I think I know a few basics but i'm really not knowing mechanics deep. I got multiple characters and think to know how to skill for not being totally crappy.

I play this build with my tornado shot deadeye-girlfriend and have some questions :-)

First, i've done a few changes on this build to fit my playstyle. I play as Scion and go for 1h and shield with cleave for AoE. It seems important to me to get the skilltree very similar (how much % Life, Damage, pathing etc.) as much as possible. Because I play this character in a party of 2, i've thinking about to get to Conduit (big charge sharing node) and the 3 nodes behind it. I didn't skilled it for now and I don't know if it's worth it. Because I get the 3 Crit % and Mult nodes just right from Scion start and it costs "just" 6 more skillpoints to go for conduit.

I don't get every single shield node so I don't know if I have max block or even near at all. Because this build is very tanky even without shield i thought it is a kind of "overkill/overdefence" to go strictly for max block.

Because my girlfriend is playing a tornado shot deadeye, I think I can give up a bit of damage for more tankyness/support. So my biggest problem is which ascendancy to take. Juggernaut of course is must have. Like the build creator wrote to go for Juggernaut and Slayer (or Pathfinder), I also think about to go for Gladiator for the 15% Spell block and higher bleeding damage or for Guardian to save the 6 skillpoints for Conduit and have a 20% heal every 5 seconds.

So to be accurate, my questions are:

1) Is Conduit worth it?

2) Does the 15% Spell Block from Scion:Gladiator make a big difference or do I give up too much key mechanics for survival (Slayer Leech)?

3) Is it worth it to give up some mechanics to go for some supporting stuff (Conduit, Scion:Guardian ascendancy)?

I know that the changes I made may be worse, but for party play I think it's viable (please correct me if I'm going to destroy the character).^^

I would really appreciate some advice. :-)

Here is my Skilltree (117 of 128 Points)

https://poeplanner.com/ABAAAQUAEBAAAH9fPxQg7w5QR-RRl3koKotPm2qFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj46xRxG6rBB9d-YxfZfIIHu-2Rzvcykn3lz5hv3CM7KAOWbj2-gGBDgwlGcbQMW_R5oYuZuW9vnpykhxN3B9N-SO494niusbOjiiP2jX1NkjB8yNzUUnSgBqIX3AYg73r2oxUgLYMZtL6nZU29Nkd-hNkvzMGCTUZi7ITv2sF07QUteu_2SIzPPfxYY8bYtfI1kti9_gryRTrh_o9N46ZXeA3AGm87wQSpbnlod-MB3PPdaGUuU9NvouoS4b689MZFCjXWMZ4Q8PJagToAwYRT7_3ukHfiYLMCX6QMYN6H1gAAAAAA

Thank you very much.

Last but not least:

Thanks for this great Guide. It's one of the best and detailled guides I've ever seen!
Last edited by Tenebras666 on May 23, 2019, 4:41:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info