[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
Gixxpunk wrote:
"
DissTurbo wrote:

got shaper drop
and 6linked it in ...2 (two) fusings.

GZ on that foil. Did you buy it or did it drop?

if you're referring to Starforge - it dropped, if you're referring to
i bought it for 5 ex. :)

@Sean,

Well, there's a lot to optimise but it's a good foundation you have, start with weapon.

Add me in game @DissTurbo and I'll help you out with some equipment :)

There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
"
DissTurbo wrote:
Hey troops,

@Andy,
I would consider HoI instead of HoAsh. with 3 power charges you should be able to drop inc crit.

I played around with this on path of building and I can't make it work. Not only does my DPS drop, I lose the benefits of Arctic Armour and Temporal Chains defensively.

I may be doing something wrong but I don't want to go through a massive recoloring of my sockets for something that may give little to no benefits as the build, at least for now, is running smoothly both in red maps and as I delve deeper.

I will revisit this again if and when I start having issues.

As a side note, Herald of Ash fits this build better than Herald of Ice because Ash gets the benefits of all our investments in physical damage scaling where Ice does not.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 3, 2018, 11:42:53 AM
Thanks for the build !

has someone ever done biggest endgame content with this build (Uber Atz/Guardians/Uber Eld/...) ?
Can we play it with the vaal gem ?

Thanks !
Last edited by ChevalierSolaire on Oct 3, 2018, 11:57:35 AM
"
ok I just blew a wad of currency on this :)

At level 92, my total Double Strike Path of Building DPS against non bleeding enemies is now 786k. Against bleeding enemies Total DPS jumps to 1.16 million.

Now I need to rebuild my currency to get some red maps to try and take out the Shaper Guardians for my first time ever. I am probably not ever going to be skilled enough for Shaper but I feel like I might have a chance at the guardians.

Is the 25% off the ancestral warchief enough of a chance to bleed to warrant replacing the 6l change to bleed with multistrike in your opinion?
Last edited by Shattoww on Oct 3, 2018, 1:20:55 PM
"
Shattoww wrote:

Is the 25% off the ancestral warchief enough of a chance to bleed to warrant replacing the 6l change to bleed with multistrike in your opinion?

Note that it is not just 25% chance to bleed from the chief. We also have 25% chance to bleed on any sword hit from our tree.

So together between the Warchief and whacking the boss a couple of times with our normal Double Strike set up, it is very easy to get him bleeding to then unleash the Vaal Double Strike Clones.

So yes, IMO, the combined 50% chance to bleed on top of the large boost in damage you get from adding multistrike is worth it.
Here is some more info about Chance to Bleed and multistrike to consider when using Double Strike.

Double Strike Hits Twice
Mutistrike repeats Double Strike Two More times

So that is a total of 6 hits every time you use DS once.

If you have 25% chance to bleed from the tree(which we do), this means you have a 83% chance to proc bleeding on a single DS hit.

I think that completely eliminates the need for the chance to bleed gem in the DS setup IMO. Take the massive dps boost with Multistrike and lose nothing in your chance to bleed using DS.

============

Note, I still think keeping chance to bleed gem is useful on the Warchief because the Warchief can get in close to the boss and whack him while you may want to stay at a safe distance and can't get to him with DS.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 3, 2018, 4:12:53 PM
WEll, im actually having REALLY BIG problems vs ubber elder, this build its viable vs UE ? bc im event close to kill him, with 3M dps, full resistances caped, 90% physical block and 7.3k hp..

Anyone actually killed it with this build ?
"
yyyiiyyy wrote:
WEll, im actually having REALLY BIG problems vs ubber elder, this build its viable vs UE ? bc im event close to kill him, with 3M dps, full resistances caped, 90% physical block and 7.3k hp..

would you mind posting a path of building link? I am interested to break down how you are at 3m DPS so that I can see how to upgrade.

As a side question, how do you handle bleed and freeze with your flask setup?
Should i purchase abyssus helmet if i can't afford brass dome?
"
"
yyyiiyyy wrote:

would you mind posting a path of building link? I am interested to break down how you are at 3m DPS so that I can see how to upgrade.

As a side question, how do you handle bleed and freeze with your flask setup?

here is bro.
https://pastebin.com/ZJDUebib

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info