[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

I think I just faced and beat one of the Elder Guardians (Eradicator). I have never done this before (nor have I even seen him before).

I was able to do it deathless, which not knowing his mechanics I was happy about, but the lightning was a bit of a pain in the neck.

I think I am going to finish the current level I am on to get to level 93 before engaging the other Guardians since I am fairly deep into this level.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 4, 2018, 1:42:00 PM
I have problems with survivability at T13/T14. Any suggestions what I can do?
"
Oknar90 wrote:

Nothing major sticks out. A couple of small things you can do is as follows:

*You have room to craft another affix on your belt and on one of your rings. Choose something defensive if possible.

*Get enchantments on boots and gloves by running merciless lab (or run uber if you feel you can do it safely)

*Consider trading some damage in your tree and pick up all the health around the constitution node you are missing. The missing nodes in that cluster give a massive 44% To life plus a small amount of flat life that will scale nicely.

*Get all your flasks to Q20.

* This is not a suggestion but a question. I noticed you are using ancestral protector instead of the war chief recommended in the build guide. What benefits is this change giving you?
I should do more research on this but I have noticed a trend of people who are struggling with survive-ability and also using The Brass Dome chest piece.

I made a build choice of not using The Brass Dome because I found that I could still cap my phy damage mitigation at 90% using the Lion's Roar flask. And I preferred the larger life pool not using The Brass Dome provides.

One thing that I don't feel the original build guide stresses enough is if you choose to use The Brass Dome, you are getting a TON of Armour via our Unbreakable Ascendancy and as such it opens up many other choices when using other gear that do not need to be armour based.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 4, 2018, 8:29:23 PM
I wanted to thank you for this build. I used it as inspiration for the Consecrated Path Jugg I am running now. The skill tree you have was adapted for CP. It is a solid variation of yours. If I can get deeper with it, I'll have to make it a real guide with credit to you.

639k Avg 2m total DPS within basic flasks

Much higher DPS and survivability than Mathil's Elementalist build he did with Voidforge.

Here is the PoB for what I am doing:

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/sgcUaZZg
Last edited by tru2dgame on Oct 5, 2018, 12:15:26 AM
"
"
Oknar90 wrote:

Nothing major sticks out. A couple of small things you can do is as follows:

*You have room to craft another affix on your belt and on one of your rings. Choose something defensive if possible.

*Get enchantments on boots and gloves by running merciless lab (or run uber if you feel you can do it safely)

*Consider trading some damage in your tree and pick up all the health around the constitution node you are missing. The missing nodes in that cluster give a massive 44% To life plus a small amount of flat life that will scale nicely.

*Get all your flasks to Q20.

* This is not a suggestion but a question. I noticed you are using ancestral protector instead of the war chief recommended in the build guide. What benefits is this change giving you?

1. I didn't see that I can craft something on my belt and my ring. I was looking for repacling them but the offered items didn't convince me.

2. I googled enchantments yesterday and found out it is a pain in the ass to get the right ones. But I guess I have no other chance...

3. Good point. I thought about that too but tried to avoid respeccing. I guess I'll have to do it.

4. I'm not so happy about my flasks so I didn't want to up the quality for all of them.

5. Tbh I never realized that I use the "wrong" skill. :) In POB AP gives me slightly more DPS than AWC. What is the benifit of AWC? Mobility?

6. Your point about other gear choices without/with less armour is something I thought about too. Since I'm pretty new I thought more armour would have other advantages but seems like this isn't the case. I think I will get another boots and gloves with more resist so I can swap my rings for more life and damage. What do you think?
"
Oknar90 wrote:

1. I didn't see that I can craft something on my belt and my ring. I was looking for repacling them but the offered items didn't convince me.

2. I googled enchantments yesterday and found out it is a pain in the ass to get the right ones. But I guess I have no other chance...

3. Good point. I thought about that too but tried to avoid respeccing. I guess I'll have to do it.

4. I'm not so happy about my flasks so I didn't want to up the quality for all of them.

5. Tbh I never realized that I use the "wrong" skill. :) In POB AP gives me slightly more DPS than AWC. What is the benifit of AWC? Mobility?

6. Your point about other gear choices without/with less armour is something I thought about too. Since I'm pretty new I thought more armour would have other advantages but seems like this isn't the case. I think I will get another boots and gloves with more resist so I can swap my rings for more life and damage. What do you think?

1) crafting an extra affix is really cheap and easy using the master benches. While you are waiting to upgrade it can't hurt to add them on for now.

2) enchantments for helmet is impossible, but getting something useful on gloves and boots is fairly easy. Just run merciless lab. It free and Izzaro is easy.

5) I believe AWC has a much wider and deeper smash. It makes for a lower DPS than AP, but we don't care about DPS of the totem too much. We use it to proc bleeding so the wider and deeper smash is better than the more narrow higher dps smash of AP.

6) I believe armor only gives physical damage mitigation (which is capped). So unlike life, which you can never have enough of, there are times in POE that one can stack more armor than the game allows.

Your plan sounds solid. As always, plug things into Path of Building before you buy.
1. Sadly I can only craft energy shield or life flask recovery rate regarding defense on my belt. I bought another ring so I got more resis and DPS.

2. Okay I will do Uber lab then since I have the prophecy for two enchantments. Thanks for the advice. :)

5. That makes sense. I will change AP to AWC and tell if it works better for me.

I try to spare some fusings for sixlinking my Brass Dome. I already used 800 fusings so I hope I will start to have some luck soon.
How do i improve my gear? 6L chest? Better main hand? For a build this tanky, which content is best to farm for currency? What do you guys do?
Did uber elder guardians yesterday...deathless. Uber elder failed though >< 5.3k is a no go :P.
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info