[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

Hey,

Updated from Ahn's Might to
= 5 ex = 30k dps more (not including intimidate + awesome auto endurance charge generation) amounting to 220k flat with auras and golem.

Also Ralakesh's Impatience is fairly useful before bosses if you have the (pun intended) patience to generate the charges.

I do have a problem with life as 5,2k even with perma 90% physical mitigation is slightly too low imo. I melt the guardians but I'm worried about elder and shaper.

I've decided to stick with lion's roar because at lower depths knock back is nice.
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
Last edited by DissTurbo on Oct 1, 2018, 6:44:15 AM
"
DissTurbo wrote:
Hey,
Also Ralakesh's Impatience is fairly useful before bosses if you have the (pun intended) patience to generate the charges.

Oh this is nice. I have been using the Gluttony belt to create the endurance charges before a boss if needed, but this is better because it does all the charges. Thanks for the tip
Yesterday I had my best RNG ever. I got 2 flat EX drops and then on top of that one of those Reliquary Keys dropped for me (in a low level map no less!). I sold it for 6ex very quickly.

I made a few small upgrades and then one massive one by getting this beauty. The attack speed and crit are to die for with solid pDPS as a baseline.

my fully buffed double strike DPS (all auras, totem, golem, frenzy and flasks active) is 684k (for non bleeding enemy) and 897k when bleeding.

Here are some screen shots to show the config and DPS for both cases:
https://imgur.com/a/5gYujbf

With my 6.9k life pool it should be enough to start advancing in the red maps (I am in early red maps now).

I had two dumb deaths exploring the dark yesterday so getting to level 92 is going to take much longer.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 1, 2018, 12:23:58 PM
Hey guys thanks for helping me out last time. I got up to around 120k dps. Im just wondering what nodes I should go for next. I feel a little squishy. Any gear suggestions would be great as well.

Thanks.
"
gjlii98 wrote:
Hey guys thanks for helping me out last time. I got up to around 120k dps. Im just wondering what nodes I should go for next. I feel a little squishy. Any gear suggestions would be great as well.

Thanks.

If you are feeling squishy, these would be some things to experiment with. Please read through and let me know if you have any questions:

* Remove Leap Slam and replace with Blood Magic

* Remove both the Mana flask and the Quicksilver flask and replace with two other non granite based flasks (choose any that interest you but you won't need armor obviously which is why you avoid granite based). You should be able to pick up both damage and defense with two new flasks

Reasoning behind these two above bullets suggestions: Two movement skills is overkill. Stick with whirling blades and drop leap slam. By adding in blood magic you will have unlimited whirling blades and not have any mana issues. Your mana leech should be more than enough to sustain your double strike.

*Now that you have your 3rd Ascendancy point, the need for Enduring Cry is removed so you can considering replacing it with another skill. We have been using Vaal Ancestral Warchief in that spot in case you are looking for a suggestion.

*Your next passive nodes should focus on Endurance charges to maximize the ascendancy points you chose and your off hand weapon. This will give you extra defense to help with the squishy feeling. Look to the left side of the tree and search on "Endurance". Get both +1 to Endurance Charge nodes as soon as you can.

*Your int is very low. As you upgrade your gear, keep an eye out for Intelligence as an affix. Once you pop that stat up, you can free up 2 passive points (node: Versatility) that can be used for much better purposes in defense and offense.

*Keep in mind that using Ahn's Might with Bloodrage is slightly counter productive as Ahn's Might reduces your frenzy charges.

*I see you have Ruthless slotted in your offhand. Are you just leveling that gem? It does not have any use in that setup otherwise.

Hope some of this helps:
AndyLovesHisBge thanks for the tips will get started on that now. Is there any specific gear pieces you have in mind that I should change first. My life is only 5k but I feel as if my ring is my only item that gives me low life.
"
gjlii98 wrote:
AndyLovesHisBge thanks for the tips will get started on that now. Is there any specific gear pieces you have in mind that I should change first. My life is only 5k but I feel as if my ring is my only item that gives me low life.

Low life is a way of life when using both The Brass Dome and Abyssus. You are correct that only one of your rings is missing a decent life roll from what I can see.

oh that reminds me, do you still need the Diamond Skin passive node? You can retrieve two passives if you no longer require that.

The first item I would try and upgrade is your abyssal gem in your belt. The gem you have has 3 stats on it and 2 of them are not helping you.

"Adds fire" only adds a small bit of damage, and "+ evasion" is meaningless to this build.

Look for life (like you have) and then add in physical damage and then get a cheap stat that helps you recover passive nodes (intelligence and/or a resist).

Those combination of stats should be relatively affordable.

After a full day of testing, I am going to stay with the Multistrike replacement of Maim in the base Double Strike setup. I think it is just flat out better.

Thanks to tranphuccd for the suggestion!
"
After a full day of testing, I am going to stay with the Multistrike replacement of Maim in the base Double Strike setup. I think it is just flat out better.

Imo, Inc crit strike is a waste of gem ;] Try maybe Herald of Ice and curse on hit assassin's mark setup and get both maim and multistrike.

also, i noticed no enchant on your gloves :)
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
"
DissTurbo wrote:
"

Imo, Inc crit strike is a waste of gem ;] Try maybe Herald of Ice and curse on hit assassin's mark setup and get both maim and multistrike.

also, i noticed no enchant on your gloves :)

I don't think I have any enchants that are useful. I changed all my equipment after finishing the lab. I don't enjoy the lab but I guess I should slog through and at least get something on gloves and boots.

I can't run Herald of Ice as I already run Ash, Hatred and Arctic Armor. I have no mana reservation left to add in Herald of ice.

I previously used the Assassins Mark/Herald of Ice/Curse on Hit setup but upgraded (as suggested in the build guide) to the Ash/Hatred/Arctic Armor setup.

I will play around to see what removing Inc Crit Strikes is like but I absolutely love criting with this character so I am doubtful I will remove it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info