Caster CI / GR Leech Pathetic / Broken Builds

So are we ever going to get a response about this? Or is the plan to ignore it till this goes away. Because with how much time effort and currency folks have invested i have a feeling that is not going to happen.
YoukayNado In Game
I don't think you could pay me to make a CI character with the new mechanics. Also, the new boss fights make it essentially impossible to have an HC CI character. Finally, with the extra stat points plugged in all over the tree, CI is basically wrecked since you can't get to the notables you need to effectively sustain a build without dying.
Maybe they will answer if it gets enough pages. +1 for sure.
Maybe they will answer if it gets enough pages. +1 for sure.
My experience from awakening so far is that elemental/spell life leech especially with Ghost reaver definetly neeeds a buff. I use life leech gem and have 0.4% cold leeched as life from equipment but that was not enough. Only way I could keep my level 94 CI freezing pulse shadow playable was (in addition to life leech) to make long travel to templar area to grab Zealots Oath and 4% life regen BUT

1. With this setup the regen is more effective and reliable than my leech => If I had more regen available I would definetly just remove my life leech gem and equipment and just get more regen. It is so much better investment.

2. I have good gear and level 94 so I could do this but I believe that for majority of Shadows even reaching this "playable" level is impossible in the awakening. In addition as said before, this is more like replacing life leech instead of telling how to make it work in the current game.

3. Even for me this came with cost of running into mana problems, losing all my block nodes as well as losing some ES and DPS just to have enough passive points for the travel.

4. The faster recharge start node helps but at the cost of even more of passive points and in as fast paced game as this, relying enteirely on recharge in fights like Dominus and Malachai is simply not possible.

5. Also regarding the loss of blood rage. This is from old 0.10 patch notes

"
Chaos Inoculation now grants no additional energy shield bonus. Its complete immunity to chaos damage, synergy with Blood Rage and other skill combos are deemed sufficient upside to counteract the life penalty.

Therefore "free" blood rage for CI was not a gain without sacrifice but instead a well though build synergy. Therefore I ask: GGG, what is CI going to get to counteract losing this synergy or do you really consider CI overpowered?!
Last edited by Richeart on Jul 15, 2015, 2:52:36 PM
I have around 5% ES regeneration on my low life arcer. It's 364 on 6600 ES but even with 20/20 Life Leech and Lighting Leech on belt plus Lighting Leech crafted on weapon I died on level 75 map with Pack + Fracture mode from undying pack of white monsters. It's wasn't possible before patch.

BTW, leech from belt isn't shown on C menu at Arc info. It shows only 0,2% from weapon.
"
Richeart wrote:
My experience from awakening so far is that elemental/spell life leech especially with Ghost reaver definetly neeeds a buff. I use life leech gem and have 0.4% cold leeched as life from equipment but that was not enough. Only way I could keep my level 94 CI freezing pulse shadow playable was (in addition to life leech) to make long travel to templar area to grab Zealots Oath and 4% life regen BUT

1. With this setup the regen is more effective and reliable than my leech => If I had more regen available I would definetly just remove my life leech gem and equipment and just get more regen. It is so much better investment.

2. I have good gear and level 94 so I could do this but I believe that for majority of Shadows even reaching this "playable" level is impossible in the awakening. In addition as said before, this is more like replacing life leech instead of telling how to make it work in the current game.

3. Even for me this came with cost of running into mana problems, losing all my block nodes as well as losing some ES and DPS just to have enough passive points for the travel.

4. The faster recharge start node helps but at the cost of even more of passive points and in as fast paced game as this, relying enteirely on recharge in fights like Dominus and Malachai is simply not possible.

5. Also regarding the loss of blood rage. This is from old 0.10 patch notes

"
Chaos Inoculation now grants no additional energy shield bonus. Its complete immunity to chaos damage, synergy with Blood Rage and other skill combos are deemed sufficient upside to counteract the life penalty.

Therefore "free" blood rage for CI was not a gain without sacrifice but instead a well though build synergy. Therefore I ask: GGG, what is CI going to get to counteract losing this synergy or do you really consider CI overpowered?!

+1
Also Many OP build publicly know were base on ES. That's why they nerfed it. If I will have some OP build I will never go public. Why? Because they will nerf it. 100% sure. It happened many times in past. No ES characters are unplayable now, even with very good gear.
Last edited by Kastmar on Jul 15, 2015, 6:31:23 PM
Definitely saving me money, because I have no inclination to purchase another supporter pack or any micro-transaction, now.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Bump. Low Life & CI are so messed up :(
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Poutsos wrote:
This "we don't want anyone to use something for free" is one of the most idiotic statements i have ever read. It is hard to beleive a developer of PoE actually said that. Also there were alot of CI MELEE builds. If the situation is bad for casters, for melee is even worse.

With CI:

1)You are getting always stunned, shocked and freezed.
2)You cannot use life leech and life regen as effectively since the passives are that enhance it are on the other side of the tree.
3)You cannot use armour and evasion as effectively by default-especially after the aura nerfs.
4)You cannot use acrobatics.
5)You cannot stack block as effectively.
6)You cannot use flasks.
7)Using bloodrage now is far worse compared to life builds due to points 2 and 3.
8)You cannot use as many auras due to not being able to use blood magic gem.
9)It is already far more gear depended.
10) You cannot use life gain on hit mechanics.

But for GGG, bloodrage even in the current situation would be OP,lol. Even if Bloodrage was still "free"(lol) for CI builds, the builds would still be in a very bad situation. Especially CI melee. I remember alot of oldschool close beta players that were asking that CI should not have regen or leech at all, in order to be different than Life, but that came along with CI builds having REDICULOUS ES pool, like it did on close beta and more, since nowdays the game is far more difficult. So if you were able to stack 20-30K ES, then it would propably be viable this way, at least for ranged characters. It would still be next to impossible for CI melee.

I consider myself lucky that i stopped playing PoE 1 year ago.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info