Caster CI / GR Leech Pathetic / Broken Builds

^uhm i have no clue why your factoring in 1 life as the base pool for a CI GR build.

It uses your ES as the base pool to calculate time to regen from.(if you specced GR)

Side note : vaal pact > zealoths oath, always. And it has nothing to do with the functionality of both
key-stones. It has everything to do with pack size being a desired map mod and "no regen" being a common one in high maps while "no leech" is a rare one.

The whole benefit of CI + GR + VP imo is bypassing the no regen map downside.(by virtue of natural ES cooldown/regen and VP leech)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^uhm i have no clue why your factoring in 1 life as the base pool for a CI GR build.

It uses your ES as the base pool to calculate time to regen from.(if you specced GR)

Side note : vaal pact > zealoths oath, always. And it has nothing to do with the functionality of both
key-stones. It has everything to do with pack size being a desired map mod and "no regen" being a common one in high maps while "no leech" is a rare one.

The whole benefit of CI + GR + VP imo is bypassing the no regen map downside.(by virtue of natural ES cooldown/regen and VP leech)

Peace,

-Boem-

From what I have been hearing, people are complaining that ghost reaver is useless for Ci because it doesn't make the swap from life pool to energy pool. It also doesn't say anywhere in the wiki that it does so.

My point was essentially building on that notion and stating that vaal pack would be needed, and then comparing the various options at face value.

Essentially it seems the changes to leech force CI builds to go vaal pack rather than life leech gem with just ghost reaver.
"
Lord_Tao wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

From what I have been hearing, people are complaining that ghost reaver is useless for Ci because it doesn't make the swap from life pool to energy pool. It also doesn't say anywhere in the wiki that it does so.

My point was essentially building on that notion and stating that vaal pack would be needed, and then comparing the various options at face value.

Essentially it seems the changes to leech force CI builds to go vaal pack rather than life leech gem with just ghost reaver.

The whole notion of going vaal pact with GR is simply because the downside doesn't affect you.

Since ES has a natural regeneration that doesn't count as "regeneration" (lol, dumb as fuck sentence, but i hope you understand what i mean?)

As such, there is no downside to using it and skipping life leech efficiency completely.

Further more, the location of ZO and regeneration nodes to supplement the key-stone are usually to far stretched out for a build to get both.(GR/ZO + regen/life leech efficiency)

I do remember GR being bugged in the beta of awakening though, so perhaps people are referring to that. But GR uses your ES pool to base life leech of now.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : another thing to note, is that ES users usually have no other defensive layers. Making every "hit" being taken hurt like a truck.

Making the requirement to quickly replenish your pool (VP) even more desired.

Those builds are usually also high dps oriented (ES investment allows more dps investment due to its nature) creating a very good synergy.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 6, 2016, 8:18:01 AM
Yeah it could have been a bug. I saw it all over another thread, but couldn't find that one again. Thanks for the info though.

I think I would have to argue that ES builds with good gear, allow for higher dps builds.

This talisman league I went with a cold crit witch (switched over to whispering ice). Even though I had a 5000+hp pool when I hit 68 and maps, I found that I was getting killed just as often as my crap 2000 hp characters were. I was also using zombies as a defense to avoid hits. I invested in an ar/ev/es 1000/1000/350 sacrificial garb just for the armour and evasion which made a huge difference.

Unless you can get great +es gear, I think you are spending a similar amount of points on es nodes that other characters would be spending on armour or evasion. That being said, a new player, or a fresh start in a league would need to go hybrid, since the huge hits combined with almost every hit hitting completely undermine any benefit of ES. In other words, if you factor in the additional damage you are taking, you would be at a lower effective life pool that a character with evasion or armour , or both...if you aren't really making the system work for you with great gear and synergies.

I guess the bottom lines is that energy shield doesn't seem to be a new player or casual player friendly mechanic in the end game. It can help a lot out of the gates in act 1 normal, but other than that pretty heavy trading is needed. Actually I think the game is becoming less friendly to casual players as a whole.
Last edited by Lord_Tao on Jan 6, 2016, 11:29:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info