Caster CI / GR Leech Pathetic / Broken Builds

Still waiting for some word from GGG about this...

Le bump.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
CI is still viable but not anymore for builds with directly attacking spells and attacks, other than that it works very well with pure totem, minion, mines, trap and damage over time based builds (Poison Arrow for example) in combination with ES-recharge mods.
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Jul 26, 2015, 11:53:41 AM
"
CI is still viable but not anymore for builds with directly attacking spells and attacks, other than that it works very well with pure totem, minion, mines, trap and damage over time based builds (Poison Arrow for example) in combination with ES-recharge mods.

Still no response from GGG

This is mainly a Vanilla Caster thread doing skill like Arc, Freeze Pulse, Discharge, Fireball, etc that used to work just fine as CI. After 2.0 patch there is by no means enough element leech to survive as a CI/Caster build. Even with life leech attached to the main attack.

It's hit run away wait and wait for ES to rebuild to full, rinse repeat.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
"
"

Still no response from GGG

This is mainly a Vanilla Caster thread doing skill like Arc, Freeze Pulse, Discharge, Fireball, etc that used to work just fine as CI. After 2.0 patch there is by no means enough element leech to survive as a CI/Caster build. Even with life leech attached to the main attack.

Forget about response from GGG. That was their goal to kill ES characters. So they will not response.
"

We've also talked quite a lot about melee CI builds, of course.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Es is dead ubless u haave regen applies to es+10% regen or use aegis.

I have an aegis build and if i use blood rage my es disappears in 1second, lifeleach to es(in general) is a joke, regen to es would be like 25es per second lol. Even if i had 10 times my es or 10 times the regen (lol impossible) it woulf still be shit. Village ruin boss hits me with 25k armour with fortify and 3ec for over 2k. I cant rum blood rage, and i have to slow my pacing to regen es the normal way/ by aegis (i normally dont get hit, so if i do it aticks since i use bm on my mobility skill)

How anyone uses es in any form without aegis is beyond me.

Imo blood rage should only effect life, and it cant kill u, aka no effect on ci (which is bad with or without bloodrage anyway outside of crazy gear) and has a interesting effect on lowlife builds.

You want to go lowlife and use bloodrage (get the ridiculous quality buff) there is a cost for it if u dont cast on mana, forcing a intrresting sustain dilema on builds that are op just because they are low life.
bump
It was really funny how fast i respeced out of GR+VP once i got them for my ci char in tempest. I think it was on the first map i did with it. Rip 8 regrets and also

WTB Catarina lvl 7 remove leech from wand service.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I do hope, we will eventually get some form of feedback from GGG.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
I plugged the new life leech formulas into Excel and did some experimenting.

My whispering ice witch does 5800 dps per one ice storm (a nice conservative number to use for an example). Note that this is not my characters true dps since this does not factor in stacking ice storms, let alone cast speed. It is simply dropping a storm and running.

With a level 19 life leech gem and a Dorian's belt I leech 176 TOTAL off of 1 hit. With a level 1 LL gem it is 127.

Your character's maximum life changes how many seconds it takes to get that life back. With my current 2126hp it takes 3 seconds. With 1 life (i.e. chaos inoculation) it takes 6385 seconds which is 1 hour, 46 minutes to fully regenerate a single leech instance.

I also found that amount of life leech (i.e. 2% from a life leech gem) scales linearly. Doryan's is exactly 10% the leeched hp as a LL gem (minus the bonus to life leeched for a leveled gem) regardless of other factors. You just recover the total life leeched faster because it is a smaller amount. The total HP is life leech*damage. So for a (level 1) life leech gem it would be damage* 0.02.

It seems for CI builds you need vaal pact, since you are still 'regenerating' the same amount of life, just not at a speed that is anywhere near useful. This is ASSUMING that vaal pact applies the theoretical total HP instantly, rather than simply taking time out of the equations.

Also massive DPS seems to be the key for getting 'usable' amounts of life back while sustaining damage.

A side note for a CI build:

It seems Doryan's providing the only source of life leech in conjunction with Ghost Reaver and Vaal pact may be faaaaaar more useful than a voidbringer gloves. My conservative 5800 dps to use for this example will regen 11.6 ES per hit vs voidbringers giving 15-20 ES on kill.

In the end it seems there are pros and cons to ghost reaver/vaal pact or zealot's oath. A life leech gem should do better than a vitality gem. LL takes up a slot in your primary skill link, but vitality also takes up a lot of mana reserve which could go to something like grace. Also ghost reaver/vaal pact probably uses up less passive skill points than chasing down life regen nodes with zealot's oath. It really depends on your maximum energy shield and your dps. Those two would ultimately determine which is better.
Last edited by Lord_Tao on Jan 5, 2016, 5:23:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info