Caster CI / GR Leech Pathetic / Broken Builds

Motto for ARPG's.

"Never fall in love with a build."

It's sad...but it's true...sorry you guys got screwed.

Hopefully GGG throws you guys a bone.

I find it odd that through all of this "balancing", GGG didn't AT A MINIMUM create ES potions!??!? How the hell is ES supposed to sustain? Crappy leech with GR?

It almost feels like they forgot this part of the project plan or something lol.
Last edited by Prizy on Jul 14, 2015, 12:56:27 PM
I think they should change the way how stun and elemental status duration is evaluated when u take CI. It should be based on CI. This would solve everything, you would have to travel to Unvawering Stance or carry Chayula and Dream Fragments or Auxium. THat would even be logical...
"
Diphal wrote:
I think they should change the way how stun and elemental status duration is evaluated when u take CI. It should be based on CI. This would solve everything, you would have to travel to Unvawering Stance or carry Chayula and Dream Fragments or Auxium. THat would even be logical...

Or iunno, actually hire competent people and listen to your community when they all tell you CASTERS ARE NOT VIABLE during the entire beta.

Or don't and proceed with Path of Fortify and watch your game crash and burn into the ground.

They still advertise "build variety". I lol'd.
"
Ughhh so my CI character is boned so i thought i would give my low life based charcters a try. With 1000ex + builds doing low life spectal throw, low life shatter chuck, low life kb wander and low life rainbow nuke the result is the damn same i cant leech enough life to do high level maps or defeat bosses.

I am honestly speechless that the gear i worked so god damn hard for is instantly turned to crap.

I have been browsing twitch since release of the expansion looking to see if any steamers have solved the mystery of ES sustain... here is the thing.... not one of them is even using ES that is how fucked things are. Everyone is using a life based build.

I'm on same boat. All my playing(thousands) hours just vanish. I played for nothing. Can sell my shawronne to merchant now.
It's not only CI destroyed, low life casters are also affected. I got Shavs drop before the patch and respect my CI chars into low life but after patch there is not enough leech to survive. I'm trying to work around Arc build but even with nice equipment I can't mange to survive some bosses and even some bigger packs of monsters can kill me fast.

Build

6600ES / 364 regen

Regen:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMADXwQWBEPEVAW8xpsGyUc3B1PHaomPCepKPopTyycLKYtHy9vL50y0TQKNbk3ZjsNRKtFR0ZxRtdJUUuuTLNVrlfJW6Bca1yKXypfamZUaPJtGXC7cYVyD3RVdhF713wOfEt-WX6vf8aCEIKbgseDCYRIhXuMdo0ZjxqPpo_6kNaTJ5RvlSCWdJ48oS-io6crp1WsmLFCtAy1BLaGuJO-isBmwcXB88NtytPQH9DQ1abZE9lb2V_aud2M34rfsOAS4YjkIukC6rrr7uwY7DjtIO_r8NX3wffX-ej-SfMRm6EYajlSWAc=?accountName=toxicm&characterName=thundeRtxc

VP:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMADXwQWBEPEVAW8xslHNwdTyY8J6ko-ilPLJwspi0fL28vnTLRNAo1uTdmOw1Eq0VHRnFG10lRS65Ms1WuV8lca1yKXypfamZUaPJtGXC7cYVyD3RVdhF713xLfll-r3_GghCCm4MJhEiFe4x2jRmPGo-mj_qQ1pMnlG-VIJZ0njyhL6KjpyusmLFCtAy1BLaGuJO-isBmwcXB88NtytPQH9DQ1abZE9lb2V_aud2M34rfsOAS4YjkIukC6rrr7uwY7DjtIO_r8NX31_MRm6EYajlSWAdvnspKX7CbtcM6KjiExYLH-eg=?accountName=toxicm&characterName=thundeRtxc

I tried Vaal Pact but that was even bigger disaster. Currently I'm playing with Lighting Tendrils, bit better (helps against bosses) but still meh...

Only thing that can help is making Life flask working on ES after getting Ghost Reaver.
Last edited by toxicm on Jul 14, 2015, 8:17:45 PM
It really looks like Casters are in a terrible state when it comes to survive-ability and going CI and from what I'm reading LL now.

So I don't think there will be and Vanilla Casters around for a while, or until at least GGG take note and do something about this for us.

As for a FLASK for ES GGG said in a pod cast during the Beta, that they are heavily against this concept. So there is no luck in that happening anytime soon.

To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Hey guys! I agree.

My old build is now totally broken I havent shavron 6l etc. even if it was just a cheap CoC build for fun with CI +blood rage+ ghost reaver with no vaal pact.
Please GGG modify this update about life leech.
Now I have just lost my time to up this build. I m realy frustrated about this change.
Don't patch it to allow ES recharge with flask, if i wanted take flask why choose ES?? :)
just using warlord's mark to got 2% life leech cap, leech is really bad.
OK, now vaal paact is near but it really useless for CI build against boss and other quick mob who don't let you able to recharge your ES.

update 17.07/2015:

soo, life leech seems to work better with warlord's mark+ vaal pact+ life leech gem+ atziri flask.
Finally it seems to add up many life leechs. I think it should to do 6% life leech all in all.
Someone can confirm it?
But since, I've spend 40 regrets and switched ES to life and all my curencies for stuff.
It break my ass, but I'm more safe:)
Last edited by kuroineko666 on Jul 17, 2015, 4:12:26 AM
"

As for a FLASK for ES GGG said in a pod cast during the Beta, that they are heavily against this concept. So there is no luck in that happening anytime soon.

Well, after that much time spent on beta this problem should be noticed and I don't see any other quick fix. ES builds are unplayable now even with good equipment.
this definately needs some attention..

with the nerf to CWDT immortal call setups LL and the nerf to Blood rage Energy shield users are in dire need of a fix somewhere..
This "we don't want anyone to use something for free" is one of the most idiotic statements i have ever read. It is hard to beleive a developer of PoE actually said that. Also there were alot of CI MELEE builds. If the situation is bad for casters, for melee is even worse.

With CI:

1)You are getting always stunned, shocked and freezed.
2)You cannot use life leech and life regen as effectively since the passives are that enhance it are on the other side of the tree.
3)You cannot use armour and evasion as effectively by default-especially after the aura nerfs.
4)You cannot use acrobatics.
5)You cannot stack block as effectively.
6)You cannot use flasks.
7)Using bloodrage now is far worse compared to life builds due to points 2 and 3.
8)You cannot use as many auras due to not being able to use blood magic gem.
9)It is already far more gear depended.
10) You cannot use life gain on hit mechanics.

But for GGG, bloodrage even in the current situation would be OP,lol. Even if Bloodrage was still "free"(lol) for CI builds, the builds would still be in a very bad situation. Especially CI melee. I remember alot of oldschool close beta players that were asking that CI should not have regen or leech at all, in order to be different than Life, but that came along with CI builds having REDICULOUS ES pool, like it did on close beta and more, since nowdays the game is far more difficult. So if you were able to stack 20-30K ES, then it would propably be viable this way, at least for ranged characters. It would still be next to impossible for CI melee.

I consider myself lucky that i stopped playing PoE 1 year ago.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jul 15, 2015, 8:17:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info